1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone Else Annoyed By Certain Sounds People Make?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kruze10, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

As far as smells go, I love the Indian dudes who bring that gross smelling fish dish to the office and give it a spin in the microwave. I mean...I respect your culture and all but that sh_t smells something awful.

This one time a new girl moved into an adjacent cube years back and decided it was okay to pump up her portable radio with no headphones with several adjoining occupied cubes adjacent to her. I had to have the talk with her because she was clearly clueless.

That said...I've been on the wrong end before. I sometimes turned up my headphones too loud and they bleed out bothering other people. But, when someone mentioned it, I turned them down from then on. I also very rarely curse myself out under my own breathe very quietly when something is going poorly...and I've had a neighbor mention he heard me b****ing myself out. Occasionally, I might kick something or pound my desk. Then, I let out a fake cough or sound like it was an accident. LOL

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Also in an open concept office. I like it. I probably would socialize less if there were more walls, which wouldn't be good for me. Noises from other people don't bother me. One, they have white noise machines (allegedly, because I can't tell) to dampen those noises. But, also because I'm pretty good at shutting other stuff out.

I do this. Somehow I'm pretty good about not doing it when people are present and yet somehow can't stop myself when I'm alone. I've had an occasion or two of being overheard. When it's my kids, they ask who I'm talking to and reproach me for using bad words.

3. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Sometimes I don't have time in the morning or the night before to prepare food for lunch so a few times I bring in tuna, which I know can be pretty stanky. I always let my office mates know and apologize. It's not often so no complaints.

4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

as someone who sniffs, get over it. i've tried medicine and gone to a doctor, and it's just the shape of my nose. i don't even have allergies. it's hell having to deal with it everyday

yall need to chill and listen to music

#44 fallenphoenix, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  5. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Usually that helps me. I'll have a podcast or youtube video going and that will work most of the time. At my last job, the girl that sat next to me, who was always making noises and loud AF, would have her headphones on with the volume ALL the way up.

One day, the CEO of the company came into our office and started calling her name so she could come up to the main table and explain her project. He literally called her name out 4 times, on the 4th time, everyone in the office was calling her name. The CEO went up to her and tapped her on the shoulder and she yells "WHAT!?!?", not realizing who it was.

She apologized immediately but the CEO reprimanded her, told everyone that no headphones were allowed and the girl was let go a week later.

All of that to say, sometimes headphones aren't an option.

Yung-T likes this.
  6. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

At least you acknowledge the fact that it's smelly, i used to not care about until i had an opportunity to take advantage of pepole sensitivity to smells.

I'm about to meet some new coworkers next week, will be interesting to see if this thread had any influence on my attitude and behavior towards them.

7. Buck Turgidson

*click...click...clickclickclickclick*

Nonstop. Finally I asked "what? why?" and he apologized and said he just had to prove all these guys in Houston wrong, I can't explain it now, but this might take a few days.

...and that was the last day I worked in an office.

Kruze10 likes this.
  8. dmoneybangbang

Thanks for that, gave me a good chuckle.

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

Iron supplements with orange juice can substantially minimize the bothersome

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

my office room is so quiet. i can't work in complete silence. i usually put on youtube but always end up listening to stand up and can't concentrate.

i don't get bothered by other people's noises tho. i go out of my room every other hour or so because i can't stand the loneliness.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That is just one of the strangest things I've heard a person at work do. Why is she yelling "WHAT!?!?" to a co-worker (no matter who) tapping her shoulder at work when she is off in headphone oblivion? Just plain stupid. But, for it to be the CEO and play out that way...it reads like a scene from "The Office". It's that comical. I bet everyone watching that unfold instantly thought "she's a goner!".

Kruze10 likes this.
  12. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

It was bonkers. She always had an attitude and the CEO had absolutely no people skills. He was also very insecure and would be visibly and comically angry when things didn't go his way... so a lot like The Office, except real life, which isn't as fun.

I had to leave that place ASAP.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

can't recall noises at work annoying me, but Trump's breathing does.

Here's 10 hours of it ... lulz

Kruze10 likes this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I always wonder if ripping one in an open office is one of the hidden "joys" of it. Such great bonding to be had.

RudyTBag and Kruze10 like this.
  15. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

What happened?

16. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I could only make it to .18 seconds before my ears started bleeding. ABSOLUTELY. TERRIBLE.

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Folks, just buy some earplugs for yourself. Problem solved. I sit in a large office with a door that remains shut, and still have earplugs in to block out any noise from outside.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You do realize that the office next to you was empty, right?

19. Buck Turgidson

I hired @bigtexxx to do the gruntwork for me.

20. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Let me live my life.