1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another trump attack on education

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jul 10, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

As trump sees the results of his failing response to COVID-19 and to civic unrest n the United States... and the increasing odds against his re-election, he resorts back to his fascist efforts to distract...

2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Um....he's the president...he has the ability to shape education initiatives in this country and has been able to do so for the last 3.5 years. He has a whole Department dedicated to Education and appointed the head of that department. Instead of complaining and threatening to take away money...why not try to tackle the problem and fix it (not that I'd want him specifically to do it).

He continues to try and be an "outsider" when he's the freaking leader of the country. You aren't an outsider...you're the most insider guy there is.

mdrowe00, B-Bob, No Worries and 10 others like this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He issues these proclamations like they're actually going to impress someone.
    _______

Wow, what a strong and powerful leader!

No Worries, Nook, Ubiquitin and 5 others like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's a terrible thing to say about @NewRoxFan

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. foh

foh Member

I took an undergrad social studies class at a top Chicago private university recently. Only once during that semester did prof bring up current political affairs - with some factual information print outs, she asked students to compare current events to the reading material of the day (we were reading Rousseau at the time). No indoctrination or steering of the conversation towards some political agenda during that class or any other.

This is just populism and more of that qanon baseless idiocy. (Real Trump) Propaganda against (non existent college) propaganda. imho

Considering your recent post about Trump's election committee suggesting to his followers that rally quotes are top "secret", it is not surprising I guess.

More fear mongering. I am kinda glad that Lincoln project is using the same tactics against Trump.

B-Bob, NewRoxFan and RayRay10 like this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

The people I know that b**** about college turning kids left are either old or didn’t go to college.

College made me a crazy libertarian. Trump made me a democrat.

joshuaao, adoo, B-Bob and 10 others like this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Like literally nothing is going to come of this - nobody listens to this dipshit anymore in terms of policymaking.

It makes his fellow old bald doods v. unhappy. Change is hard. Being ignored is hard. Welcome to the real world with the rest of us.

8. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I bet he paid someone to spell indoctrinated for him.

mdrowe00, B-Bob, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Change "education" and "universities" to "religion" and "churches" and see how that flies with his base.

Blatz, RayRay10, jiggyfly and 5 others like this.
  10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

College made me a neoliberal.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Comical that the moron in chief is criticizing the institutions of higher learning. Sorry, but by ny objective measure, that’s where a crap ton of the smartest people in this country/world are concentrated. If you’re on the wrong side of top academia, the problem is likely you.

I don’t really know why he cares though. A meaningful part of his base doesn’t particularly care what colleges are Saying or teaching. I guess people like Trump do not want the population at large to form educated opinions and vote accordingly, as it would make it harder to deceive, mislead and just cry “Fake News” at every criticism.

12. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Of course, he doesn’t want Americans to form educated opinions. That would mean everyone would see right through the lies and bullshit he spews every day. Trump has only achieved his success in life by growing up with a silver spoon and conning people to get what he wants every step of the way. Hard to con anyone when they see right through your lies.

13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Is this related to Aubrey Huff's tweet? I wouldn't put it past that idiot..

RayRay10, Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. edwardc

edwardc Member

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is against people being indoctrinated with knowledge and critical thinking skills - both serious threats to his reelection.

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What? I believe he shows this to show the abused nature of the man currently managing the world's largest bureaucracy. It's surreal and worthy of posting in my opinion.

18. fchowd0311

One thing that people don't understand about college social science courses is that proffessors actively encourage reading and discussing opposing view points. A lot of those claim that colleges are liberal indoctrination camps claim they are merely because proffessors assign Marx readings.

foh and Nook like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you just kinda completely missed out on the sense of humor genes, didn't you?

Blatz and RayRay10 like this.
  20. fchowd0311

Yes. Btw off topic but I feel like I lashed out in a over the top manner in that other topic about school choice.

I can tell when you express sincere opinions such as your opinions on school choice. I can tell you came to them in a sincere manner so I shouldn't dismiss it so easily.

Blatz, B-Bob, Nook and 1 other person like this.