1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. biff17

biff17 Member

So anybody watch Berserk?

That 3rd movie took a really weird turn .:eek:

So I did not realize it was a manga or that it was a series.

also a video game.

Interested to watch the series to better explain things and see how it turns out.

Netflix is rumored to do a series remake.

Rox_Mayhem likes this.
  2. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

One my favorites animes. The twist at the end really messed me up for a while. Lol
    The series in 1997 ended the same way and left people hanging for a long time... The Manga is still ongoing I believe.

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Started Stray Dogs, season 1 wasnt bad. Gonna start season 2 soon.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

5. donkeypunch

So does that entail that this season is done with?

This show has quickly become one of my favorites with its art and musical timing.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah the season was set for 26 episodes. There is a movie coming about the next arc in the manga. So I guess we are going to have to read the manga to watch the movie? I wonder if the movie will be watchable for non manga readers because I hopped off that manga life back in the days of peak Naruto.

7. donkeypunch

Im sure it will. I dont think theyll leave the viewers hanging like that.

8. Carl Herrera

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Searched her page for Kana Boon Silhouette. I thought every anime cover channel had Naruto Silhouette. That's an instant 100k views right there.

10. Carl Herrera

Naruto Silhouette : Anime Cover Channel = iPhone Review : Tech Review Channel

DreamShook likes this.
  11. omgTHEpotential

Thoughts on the Fall 2019 season? Any good picks to watch?

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

From all the 2019 fall anime watch lists this season looks pretty light. It's just My Hero for me. Something else might breakout though.

13. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Attack on Titan will get wild in future seasons from what I’ve seen online, and I’m here for all of it

Invisible Fan likes this.
  15. donkeypunch

Season 4 is gonna be the last one.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

There's at least 26 episodes of material. Hope they don't rush or butcher it

17. Carl Herrera

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Hmm, how do you guys feel about sports anime?

19. SemisolidSnake

Currently watching Vinland Saga week-to-week and would recommend it highly. It's about Vikings and done by Wit Studio, the same studio that does Attack on Titan. It's legit historical fiction. The story is obviously fictional, and the fighting is fictionally good, but all the little details about historical figures and groups and armor and weapons and everything is pulled from real history and spot-on. Impressive attention to detail.

The story is compelling, and I'm interested to see where it's going. It won't complete in one season from what I understand, as the manga is still ongoing, but it seems to be one of the best shows of this season. Quite violent and true to form about the murderous ransacking, slaving, and other things that Vikings did, so be advised.

superfob and omgTHEpotential like this.
  20. SemisolidSnake

Depends on what you want. There are an absolute ton of sports anime out there of various quality. It's really blown up in the past decade or so, but there have been good ones throughout the anime ages. I'd say if you can name a sport, there's probably an anime about it, and many have become quite popular, but I can't personally vouch for the quality of most of them.

Also, keep in mind that just because an anime is based around a sport doesn't mean that the actual theme of the show is sports. Usually, it's something deeper.

A few years ago, I watched an absolutely fantastic baseball anime named Cross Game. It's based on a manga by Mitsuru Adachi, who is legendary for writing baseball manga and romance manga. Cross Game combines both excellently. Unfortunately, it's basically nowhere to be found over here by normal streaming means anymore, and I don't believe it got a physical release. I may be able to find it by other means; that's what private messages are for.

I can also vouch that Masaaki Yuasa's Ping Pong is excellent. It's probably the most accessible Yuasa work to date. Don't be put off by his signature crude-looking animation style; the writing is very good and focused deeper on growing up as teenagers. And you'll learn more than you ever could imagine about ping pong. And the animation is excellent, especially in the matches. It's just different.

HP3 likes this.