1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anime watchers out there?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Marteen, May 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I dont know if it was great, but it was definitely good and Im glad I started it.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

sword art is hot drawn out garbage. I dropped it after the most recent attempted rape they pull every season.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  3. biff17

biff17 Member

it's not the greatest and the attempted rape was jarring but I like the storyline and want to see how it ends.

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I’m a bit confused with AOT, didn’t understand why Eren opted to stay quiet in the courtroom about Historia.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Just started watching 7 Deadly Sins
    Catching up on Boruto and Keeping up with Attack on Titans

Netflix is rolling out a ton of these
    What else is worth it?
    (I prefer Dub cause then I can multitask better)

Rocket River

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Fire Force is fire. I loved the first episode. Funimation is Dubbing it too so you can pay attention toe action a bit more..

#2746 DreamShook, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    CharlieMurphy likes this.
  7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I’ve never seen Cowboy Bebop *ducks flying objects*. But I’m about to. Complete series is $5 on iTunes right now

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I watched until like episode 17 I think and then just stopped

clutch citizen likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The days of Anime Gate Keeping are long gone. They pump out Anime so fast now there are no intro level Anime for people to watch to induct you into the fandom. You can start anywhere because even the best anime will be forgotten the very next season. Teasing people for not watching the "need to know" anime is so 2005.

Cowboy Bebop is 80% filler. There are only a handful of episodes that have a through line.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If you are watching on Netflix

DeathNote
    Gurren Lagann
    Kill La Kill

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

There are some anime that I think should absolutely be watched though, regardless if you're a very casual fan or a hardcore fan looking for their next fix.

At the top of that list? Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

biff17 and DreamShook like this.
  12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I’m actually really late. A lot of my friends back in the day watched tons of anime. I never did. I remember DBZ, Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo being everywhere.

I just now got into some anime and enjoyed. Attack on Titan, One Punch Man, and My Hero Academia. The really popular ones. So now I want to checkout the ones I neglected back then. Please recommend any newer ones while I scour this thread

DreamShook likes this.
  13. Invisible Fan

I like anime for ridiculous action set pieces or decent stabs at sci fi, but there's a lot of cringey anime out there where it gets hard to recommend. Plus a lot that is unfinished and dropped in the middle.

I don't think that Gate was ever a big list of you want to fill those two requirements. (Full metal alchemist comes to mind).

More like Gateway Drug...

Attack on Titan is the closest so far that will actually complete. Binge watch the first 6 episodes of the next season...whenever that comes out. Exposition time.

DreamShook likes this.
  14. biff17

biff17 Member

I agree and Cowboy should be up there as well.

Also GITS.

15. biff17

biff17 Member

Ghost in the Shell is must see.

Bleach was my gateway but no need to watch all of it because it drags toward the end.

clutch citizen likes this.
  16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I started bleach not too long ago and man this "bounts" arc is really annoying. It just drags and drags. I just needed something to fill in while waiting for newly aired shows that are still going but most of the time, I just have it on for background noise or something to go to sleep to.

The whole power level thing is so unbalanced and sways back and forth too much for my liking and thats just the first 100 episodes or so. Also the fact that nobody dies, kinda pisses me off.

17. Invisible Fan

Bleach bad in terms of payoff but very typical for that genre.

Speaking of the topic, I'd think the better service for newbies is advice. Like for Bleach...Stop watching after Aizen.

Or Sword Art Online.... Stop after season 1. It don't get better than that. The cringey parts get even cringier and the good parts only get teased to the point where the payoff becomes formulaic and predictable.

Jaded or honest truth?

18. biff17

biff17 Member

Yeah it makes no sense but it's easy to kind of get attached to the characters.

i would have stopped watching after the Aizen if I knew better.

donkeypunch likes this.
  19. biff17

biff17 Member

Would also recommend Hunter x Hunter it kind of fizzled at the end but I enjoyed it for the most part.

Very weird but a good kind of weird.

20. biff17

biff17 Member

I am kind of enjoying Alicization at least I am interested to how it ends would like to have more real world plot.