1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

An apology

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Bobbythegreat, Nov 25, 2018.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

upload_2018-11-27_16-9-23.png

Yung-T and moestavern19 like this.
  2. cml750

cml750 Member

Excellent post!!! I agree with almost everything you say here.

xaos likes this.
  3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I have a cousin with Downs Syndrome (it's sad that I have to state this first) and what Bobby said was nasty and uncalled for. Don't agree with it at all. I will say I agree with the doxxing tho. Granville and his kid are anonymous, bobby has had his background, twitter, etc put on blast all over the forum which I feel has more effect that a comment towards someone. If we should ban anything, I think it should be the D&D. This is a sports discussion site. The only times I have ever been to D&D was this area after Bobby got banned. There are so many other places to talk politics. People do it on facebook all the time, but that isn't anonymous. You give people an anonymous place to talk politics and insult each other and this is going to happen. I'm really sorry about what happened. Not saying Granville should move on or forget any of it. But the rest of the forum can do that.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Completely agree. This is really uncalled for and to me is a greater "internet sin" than a vulgar slur. I don't think it's a good idea to let hateful, vulgar or racist rhetoric to go unchecked, but not really a permaban thing to me unless it can't be stopped.

I think the bigger reason people want Bobby gone permanently is the rest of his persona on this BBS. If MadMax slipped up in anger and said something really nasty people would surely understand Clutch giving him a second chance.

(I can't believe I'm advocating for Bobby)

I also second the motion to adjust his username to Bobbysomethinglessthangreat

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I'm with banning the D@D. It's a cesspool and many are culpable for why. Look how @Clutch got attacked. Embarrassing

RockFanFirst, tinman and houstonstime like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a great idea!

This is a non productive portion of a Rockets fan forum.

Nobody is helping the world anyway on that forum. It's straight up pointless.

I think we should only restrict the site to Rockets fans only anyways.

@Os Trigonum

Keep it pure

King1 likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fify :p

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Why regulate the D&D?

The true enemies of Rockets fans are fake Rockets fans

King1 likes this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

if you banned the D&D you'd have an awful lot of emo troll-happy Clutchfans walking around being all like

Walter White I was good at it.gif

AroundTheWorld and King1 like this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

It's got to the point where we have members insulting Clutch

That cannot happen to the leader of the 99ers

As a member of the 99ers

I vote to obliterate the D&D.

It's beyond pointless. At least in the GARM, you get people meeting up for Rockets games etc, it's pure

Have we saved America?
    The Earth?
    Baby Seals?
    No.

DELETE THE D&D

[​IMG]

King1 likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

daywalker02, macho GRANDE and King1 like this.
  12. jcf

jcf Member

I hate this idea. I agree that watching a group of vocal posters calling out Clutch and threatening to hurt this site was both painful and ridiculous. However, it was a really small percentage of the posters who actually participate in and appear to enjoy the D&D. (And please, don't take this as a a challenge, insult or reason to justify again why it was appropriate to call out Clutch.)

I would understand if Clutch chose to shut it down because he has to do what he thinks is best for his site. But, to the extent other folks don't ever visit the D&D or care about it, I don't think those posters not liking or using the D&D is a good reason to shut it down because others in this community really do value it.

AleksandarN and cml750 like this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

Clutch dealing with lunatics on the D&D is time taken away from him telling us juicy stuff about the Rockets

macho GRANDE and King1 like this.
  14. King1

What value does it have? Are you logging in here to talk politics? All it seems to be is a huge pain in the ass. When @Clutch gets personally attacked it's ridiculous and people defended it. By no means am I defending what happened, but if we are going to pretend that that doesn't happen often (maybe not to the extent it did but the personal attacks) then we're blind. That place sucks and it wouldn't effect the site whatsoever if it was gone.

In fact, it had a negative impact from my viewpoint

tinman likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

Clutchfans was created for Rockets fans
    the other segments were to appease other interests and topics

This is like playing a role playing game with side quests, if you keep dealing with stupid side quests, you'd never finish the game

16. jcf

jcf Member

cml750, Invisible Fan and King1 like this.
  17. jcf

jcf Member

I screwed this up and my reply is somehow in your post.

18. King1

I read it. We can agree to disagree.

jcf likes this.
  19. jcf

jcf Member

Thanks. I get your perspective. And I appreciate your response. But, I used to lurk on GARM primarily and then "broadened" my lurking to include the D&D. I then started posting in both but I believe more D&D. I know I'm not going to convince you because there are some toxic threads. But, if you get a chance, look at the recent discussion on climate change. I read it, and I think I'm pretty well informed generally but that thread was incredibly informative.

Then there are hotter issues. The racial threads perplexed me. Because I thought some things were obvious and others clearly disagreed. And while some threw out antagonistic threads, others from multiple perspectives made points that were new to me.

You could go to the Williams thread right now and decide that this site should be shut down. But if you read each post, you will see some posters patiently and intelligently make their points irrespective of how frustrated I assume they must be. Others you will disagree with but it is great to see different views even if you think some are delivered with anger.

I spend way too much time on this forum (collectively, not just D&D). And I'm sure everyone irritates someone along the way. And different viewpoints are probably offended by different posters.

But, this is just an Internet forum. And I have had to on multiple occasions do research to understand the issues being discussed (like what rules apply to those seeking asylum.). I realize there are folks better informed than me, less informed than me, really nice people who view the world very differently, and some folks who don't appear very nice but that may or may not be their Internet goof.

Sorry for the long post. And you are probably far saner and use your time better than me by avoiding D&D. But, all bs aside, I think it would be a shame to shut it down because some posters felt like they had some right to criticize or threaten clutch.

That being said, if Clutch shuts it's down, I totally get it. No one wants to get poked in the eye for providing a forum to people. And, given the last few days, I might shut it down if I was him. But, I'm hoping he is nicer than me.

Apologies for the long rant. Go Rockets.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The people harassing Clutch aren't D&D posters.

cml750 and jcf like this.