1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

An apology

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Bobbythegreat, Nov 25, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Great thing you going for yourself. Keep it up. As someone said above, appoint a mod only for the Politics section?

2. Granville

Granville Member

Thank you, sir.

Edited to say it's a great thing for individuals on the spectrum and their familes. It's an unpaid job for me that I dearly love. I have empathy for Clutch because I think he is unpaid and doing great community work as well. I'm trying to interact with him as a representative of a subset of his membership. I'm not the only poster with a kid on the spectrum here.

#22 Granville, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    daywalker02 and Yung-T like this.
  3. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Wasn't being a dick--at least not intentionally. I apologize if it came off that way. He didn't know why others were banned when they were just seemingly outraged (unless I misconstrued the post?). Well they committed their own hate crimes towards Clutch, the very thing Granville is crusading against right now. Personally I find those events to be relevant to all this. But if you think it's ill-timed and 'being a dick' to bring it up then I guess we just agree to disagree. Before my words get twisted I should reiterate--I do not at all support BTG nor his reinstatement.

@Granville--I apologize again if my words were upsetting in any way. I do think it's important to know what Clutch was enduring too to maybe provide some clarity to his side of the situation, but the rest now is between you and him. This thread is about BTG's apology and the collective response so I'll leave it at that.

4. GageD

GageD Member

it was a fugly comment but I applaud bobby for this.

5. The Law

The Law Member

Now that the apology has been issued I think it’s time for the board to collectively take a breathe and move on.

I have seen it posted several times that Bobby owes everyone else an apology as well. I, for one, don’t feel the need for an apology from anyone. I have no dog in this fight, it was a beef between he and one other person and should be kept as such. Don’t get me wrong, what he did was a real dick move, but it was between two parties. The lynch mob mentality of today’s society is tiring to say the least.

This board has a purpose and I suppose for everyone it’s a bit different. I use it as a mechanism to pass the time while pooping. As I have aged, I stay away from the GARM and D&D because there you will find the rabbit hole of suck, and if caught in said rabbit hole while sitting on the toilet you will leave with both legs asleep and an hour of life that you will never get back. Folks, these are a bunch of monikers on the Internet, please stop taking their opinions such to heart, it’s bad for the health.

It’s time to move on. In the words of the great humanitarian, Princess Elsa, let’s let it go.

*Disclaimer* This post was provided to you while on the pot. Happy Monday *Disclaimer*

6. Granville

Granville Member

I haven't read through all the comments made on this board. I have mostly been responding to the where my posts have been liked, quoted or tagged so even if I posted in a thread I may not have either read or comprehended that happened to Clutch.

If it started when Bobby came back, unlike with what happened with Bobby, it seems to have been addressed expediently. Based on my conversation with Clutch, if the offenders e-mail Clutch and shows him the same level of remorse and promise of better forum conduct that Bobby did, they have an opportunity to come back soon.

My condolences to Clutch as he too seems to have endured hate speech.

We're good, sir.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Not when someone calls a child a r****d. Anybody that can insult a special needs person can go **** themselves. The world would be a better place without these assholes.

Yung-T and daywalker02 like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Oh boy, I think we shall rest up and see what happens around Christmas and New Year.

This shall be a lengthy decision.

10. theimpossibles1

Hey here's an idea! Let's quit reposting that comment over and over and over again!

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I noticed a lot of noobs are posting in this thread.

Honestly, this isn't the worst thing among the causes for other members getting banned. It's probably the most publicized. Among it's worst offenders, some are still around and some are repeat offenders.

This is really about Clutch staying consistent with his principles for running this board, and I think its success probably gives him some teensy bit cred for running it the way he has. At least with me or his other supporters who don't consider what he does a "service or good" being transacted.

People say racist and vulgar stuff on here all the time. Do I like it? No, I wish some people could grow the hell up or get their asses shipped to Spurstalk. But I don't think they're performing crimes against humanity lest I think there are little Hitlers and Henry Kissingers running around in Youtube and Yahoo comments. So I don't subscribe to your analogies. Though, I do understand you were rightfully hurt.

I genuinely feel bad that people have said or say those slurs to you, and I would actually be on your side if Booby said it directly to your son. My opinion, take it or leave it, is that it appears to have blown up into a Royce White-like 'awareness cause' rather than what it really is...an ugly spat that mutually occurred between two adults. You, the aggrieved, are forcing Clutch into a side by making it a Change the World Through The Internet Crusade, and in the process, this is putting him in a bad position he does not have or need to take.

Whether you agree or not, you are forced to relive in that moment and resurrect a crime that's already been enforced (albeit enforced differently in your house), and you've put yourself in a position where you can't forgive. It's either unhealthy or unChristianly depending on your worldview.

I can't say I like reading Bobby's trollbait lures or I am overjoyed he's back, but you and him are faceless to me. His deepest haters have pathetically tried to dox him, which is much more substantial and lasting than what he did to you. It really is.

The bans could get worse, and Clutch has a really long memory.

Anyways, good luck in your fight to preserve the dignity of the mentally disabled, but this particular issue isn't one that you should plant it's flag upon, nor are you it's White-st knight.

12. jcf

jcf Member

This always bothered me too.

cml750 likes this.
  13. Granville

Granville Member

Thank you for that unsolicited and inaccurate opinion of me and the situation at hand, Dr. Phil. Stating that worse things have been said here isn't an honorable thing, a flattering sign of the times or a shining endorsement of this forum.

I'm far from hurt. Disgusted at what he said, sure. I don't need or have asked anyone to take a side in anything. I have asked Clutch to provide the same level of protection and enforcement of rules aimed those who commit hate speech against the most vulnerable members of the society, the disabled community, as he would others affected by hate speech. If you're saying he doesn't provide that to any of those groups, that's kinda sad. Bobby coming back here and reoffending right off the bat while he is on probation, is what made this worse. If people don't like that, what's the problem with them expressing an opinion. It's exactly what YOU are doing.

It's kinda ironic and laughable that you'd ride in as the white knight yourself on this issue. I know it's hard to comprehend but slurs against the disabled community have been tolerated around here for a long time. Bobby isn't the only offender either. If you want to stay in the past and not move in to this decade go ahead but hopefully eventually you will be alone in your ignorance.

As far as who has done anything to Bobby, I'd direct that to whomever did that. I have no knowledge of or really fully understand what doxxing is or who is or allegedly is doing that.

Have a good night, sir.

Harrisment likes this.
  14. Granville

Granville Member

Which part?

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I love how people that haven’t gone through what @Granville did can sit there and be like “well I’ve heard worse things on this forum.” It’s the case of pretend forum voice of reason trying to minimize transgressions against somebody else. We can sit here and voice our opinion and say let’s move on, or w.e, but it’s not our business to arrogantly preach about “worse things that have been done.” You have no idea what someone has gone through, the full story, or how said act ranks against another—and should therefore refrain from such ignorance. What we need is compassion, empathy, forgiveness, and justice. Neither are mutually exclusive, we can be on one side of the aisle without discounting viewpoints from the other.

Yung-T likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Granville likes this.
  17. jcf

jcf Member

The part I bolded re: doxing.

Granville likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The worst part is when there is a mix of doxing and fan fiction. For example, it's clear that one of my stalkers ran a basic background check on me and saw that I had a DUI arrest many years ago, that's true and I don't mind admitting it. I had just gotten out of the Army and was celebrating with friends which led to driving when I shouldn't have on a weekend when I REALLY shouldn't have and it is what it is. When something with a shred of truth like that is mixed with fan fiction about trailer parks and whatever else spiraled from there it gets really stupid really quickly. There has been a group of stalkers that seemingly live to sit around talking about me, in fact, that same unhealthy obsession led to at least one of those posters getting himself banned by directing the same kind of toxic harassment at others that he has routinely directed at me for over a year now when it comes to this incident. What I would like to know going forward is if that kind of behavior is going to continue to be tolerated or if they'll need to change as well. I haven't really gotten an answer about that, but I think it's an important part of lowering the overall toxicity of the board....especially in the D&D.

To be clear, I don't want people banned, not even those ridiculous stalkers, I just want this issue addressed because personal attacks only lead to more personal attacks and I've committed myself to not doing that anymore.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Teddy Bridgewater faints

Granville likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That might be relevant if he was a poster here.