1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[America] Boston: Liberal Bastion...and Racist Capital of the US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your thread title makes it very clear that you not only support the article, but you interpret it to mean Liberals are the worst of people.

2. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Unimaginative, boring, and unaware.

That pretty much describes your debate style. You have never bothered to read a single article or explore a single source of information I have ever posted in this forum. That can be seen by your harassment against me in the climate threads - where you claim that I post "Koch brother propaganda" - and most definitely can be seen here in this thread.

From the very article which you are incapable of reading:

Not that it mattered anyway.

3. prohibido

prohibido Member

No, derpy, I quoted YOU, not the article. Again, you said:

You admitted that you don't know anything about Boston. You then went on to prove that amply. The core of academic Boston, educated Boston, is generally quite progressive and of course anti-racist. There is, though, a significant population of thick necked dumbasses who are virulently racist and always have been. Look into the segregationist violence in South Boston that stemmed from busing initiatives in the 70's.

New York is no different. A significant and vocal group of New Yorkers is very progressive, but there are pockets of racist dumbasses in places like Howard Beach or Staten Island.

You really should educate yourself about things you don't have any understanding of before you make a fool of yourself with your ignorant opinions.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Umm, your title is not what is in the article.

And your climate change threads demonstrate that you don't even understand the basic tenets of what Climate Change and Global Warming is about. I mean, really BASIC things. Like the difference between climate and weather. So how on earth can you say I am harassing you?

You post absolutely stupidity. I mean, you are so ignorant and you fill this board with absolutely idiocy and you call others out for not reading???

Hundreds - HUNDREDS of intelligent people have responded to you pointing out the flaws in your posts and thinking, yet you ignore all of it and continue to post without considering their point.

For once, could you use 2% of your brain?

5. Cohete Rojo

When did I say I don’t know anything about Boston? I stand by what I said, and I followed it up with a tweet from someone at the Boston Globe who cited their own experience with Boston.

You don’t like that Boston is racist? Great, but don’t shoot the messenger.

6. Cohete Rojo

No. I won’t stoop to your level and use such a low percentage of my brain.

7. prohibido

prohibido Member

Do you have some sort of mental issue?

And one last time, derpy, I'm not arguing with the article, I'm mocking your ludicrous (and hilariously stupid) fantasy that Boston liberals are closet racists. Anyone with even the slightest knowledge of Boston knows the basics of its racist history. It's not my fault you are ignorant.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  8. Cohete Rojo

You seem a bit agitated. Do you have a tooth ache? Is it past your bedtime?

You are in the same camp as @Sweet Lou 4 2: you don't even bother to read the articles. So here, I will highlight in big, bold, or underlined text, the parts you should familiarize yourself with.

And the big one:
    Gee, wonder where I could have sourced these kinds of opinions from.

I'd tell you to use 2% of your brain like @Sweet Lou 4 2 told me, but that would be asking too much of you.

9. prohibido

prohibido Member

I read the article, dude. It was not a surprise to me because I am familiar with urban demographics in the United States.

But I'll make a few comments, beyond the simple observation that you don't seem to be making any sort of coherent point.

First, I don't think you know what net worth is. It seems like you have the idea that the average AA person in Boston is walking around with $8 in his pocket.

Second, Boston has a fairly small minority of AA citizens, something like 25%. Massachusetts has a very small minority of AAs, less than 10%. So it should be unsurprising that the gross number of AA civil leaders is low. And it should surprise no one (but concern everyone) that the gross number of AA CEOs or board members anywhere is low.

Harvard actually admits maybe 15% AA students in an average incoming class. The AA population in the US is about 12%. Is 15% at Harvard enough? Maybe not. But is it severely low proportionally? No. And the most recent incoming classes have been minority white.

If you were absorbing this information and saying, Gee, AAs seem distressingly under-represented in a lot of important areas, we should work to address that, well, fine with me. If you'd heard what I said and responded, Gee, I had no idea how strong the historical racist undercurrents in parts of Boston have been, I think I'll look into that, fine with me. Instead you gleefully postulate that liberals are actually racists. This is about the same level of intellectual rigor you demonstrate in your It's snowing in Buffalo, FU Al Gore threads.

myco and peleincubus like this.
  10. Cohete Rojo

It’s taken straight from the article: liberal bastion.

What are you after?

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I have to giggle at the Cohete engagement. You've learned the hard reality of dealing with the incredibly obtuse. Consider yourselves wiser for your frustrating experience.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I see you can't address the point because you're an idiot, so you make this weak reply. I think it's proof enough that you have no clue what you are talking about. People are undressing you here. You have no knowledge of these issues - you just post based on some blog that tells you how to think. You're a brainless dolt.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Boston has a pretty strong reputation for racism. Northeastern sports fans know it well. Many baseball players loathed Boston because of racial issues and there have been multiple instances throughout the years of minority outfielders getting seriously harassed. Not just visiting players either. There have been players who refused to sign in Boston because of it. Barry Bonds famously refused to sign in Boston because of the way he had been treated there and the way his extended family had been.

14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

There are racists of all stripes. In other news, water is wet.

15. Cohete Rojo

What is in my title does not appear in the article? "Liberal bastion" certainly does appear in the title. "Racist capital" is certainly heavily implied - IN THE FIRST SENTENCE (AND CHART) OF THE ARTICLE:

I've addressed "the point". It's time for you to address reality.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If he doesn’t gain a bit of wisdom from this post that’s truly unfortunate.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, you didn't, but what you did do is assign the racist elements of Boston specifically to the liberals. @MadMax was right.

Also, your comment about anything being typical of self-professed liberals was inaccurate. If you are trying to be accurate, you may want to refrain from commenting on what is typical from self-professed liberals.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The author isn't trying to imply liberals are the most racist... You are. See the difference? You are twisting things

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cohete reasoning -
    The city of Boston is a liberal bastion: True
    Boston has extreme racism: True

Therefore liberals must be more racist than others: As if all the racism there is coming from the liberal elite...