1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC] The Walking Dead Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

damn, definitely wasn’t expecting them to kill off Carl

2. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

That’s what makes this the best episode ever!!! Carl was the most annoying character on this show hands down. Badly acted and terribly scripted. I cringed every time he was on screen.

Pen15clubber, TMac'n and GRENDEL like this.
  3. daherro^_^

daherro^_^ Member

Ok so the blonde Savior with the neck tat driving with Dwight gets out of the car unscathed on the side they're getting shot at, then somehow makes her way over to Dwight's side to confront him???? smh

TMac'n and daywalker02 like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol....... Negan at least should be badly wounded and Eugene on the verge of dying.

Got the wrong guy. I liked Carl. If they wanna kill someone important.

Michonne, Rosita, Aaron, Ezekiel, Jerry, Gabriel, Eugene, Dwight, Negan........maybe even Carol.

#164 daywalker02, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I didn't think the midseason finale but I did smile a bit once they revealed the bite, I'll be incredibly annoyed if he survives somehow......

Random but that's a really odd location for a bite, did the zombie duck down and then chomp down then headed off......

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That's trading your future franchise cornerstone at the age of 18 or something.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How many more seasons do you think they will get?

Rocket River

8. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Really annoyed they didn't explain how the savior's got out, and what happened to all the sniper lookouts?

So many plot holes...

Pen15clubber, GRENDEL and TMac'n like this.
  9. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

This x100. IMO it's lazy writing

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I thought it was implied that Eugene fixed the intercom system somehow attaching it to the truck, playing loud music and someone lead the walkers away.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  11. TMac'n

Actually, you're right they did. But they barely scratched the surface on this. Instead they focus on a worthless plot of Rick and the Junk ppl, a plot that could've been completely left out

Pen15clubber and mrm32 like this.
  12. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I believe his contract was over with and he wanted to go to college so I think it was his call.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. TMac'n

Aww, little Coral's going to college....

Question: I never read the comic book, does anyone know if Carl dies in the comic?

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

1. When did he become David Copperfield
    2. When the hell did he even get bit

I saw him limping after his gate meet with Negan but figured it was do to the bombs and crap. This episode was confusing all around for me. Too many moving parts about people we could care less about... somehow Rick (again) runs away from an opportunity to SHOOT Negan while he is unarmed after being tossed out of the window.

Either that or smash him in the face with the barbwired end of the bat instead of the bud of it. Stupid.

Pen15clubber and GRENDEL like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He lost his eye for nothing actually.

hvic likes this.
  16. GRENDEL

He's still alive.....

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. hvic

hvic Member

I remember reading on Wed that Carl cut his long hair off in real life and people were already assuming that he will get killed off. Im still surprised

18. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Don't know if it's true though. I don't even remember where I read or saw it.

19. GRENDEL

Here you go.....

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/walking-dead-why-spoiler-was-killed-mid-season-finale/

Warning: If you haven’t watched this week’s episode of The Walking Dead, come back and read this later!

The Sunday, December 10, mid-season finale of The Walking Dead ended with a tough pill to swallow. Carl (Chandler Riggs) revealed in the final moments that he had been bitten by a walker while saving Siddiq (Avi Nash). His bite, unfortunately, was not on a limb he could just chop off, but on his side.

In November 2016, Riggs’ father posted on Instagram that his son’s seven-year contract with the show was finished, adding “#freedom.” The actor, 18, also posted on Twitter he had been accepted to Auburn University, causing many fans to speculate that he was leaving the show. However, that was not the reason his character was killed off, Riggs revealed in an interview following the episode.

“I’m taking a gap year right now to focus on acting for a while. Leaving Walking Dead wasn’t my decision. It was all story related,” he told The Hollywood Reporter, adding he found out about the twist during the summer. “I was planning on going to college until I found out. I found out when I was doing rehearsals for episode six back in June. It was quite the shocker for me, Andy and everyone because I don’t think anyone saw it coming.

“It’s definitely not a bad thing because it has been awesome being on the show but now I get to go and do a lot of other stuff that I haven’t gotten to do before. Scott wanted to meet in person because it was such a big deal. We had just finished rehearsing for a scene in episode six and he wanted to meet with me and my mom and dad and talk about what’s going to happen.”

[​IMG]
    Chandler Riggs as Carl Grimes on ‘The Walking Dead.’ Gene Page/AMC
    During the aftershow, Talking Dead, executive producer Scott M. Gimpleexplained that the shocker will of course, impact everyone. “The bite is going to play out as we’ve seen bites play out, and it’s very important to Carl’s story and the entire story what happens in the next episode,” Gimple said. “So I’m just focused on the fact that Carl right now is alive and he has some business to attend to.” However, he did confirm that bite is “a one way ticket.”

Andrew Lincoln also revealed that this is “the biggest death we’ve ever done,” and Rick’s going to be reeling from this.

“[Showrunner] Scott Gimple always makes a phone call to everybody, and he said to me, ‘You’re going to hate this one,'” Lincoln told Entertainment Weeklyabout when he found out. “And I mentioned four names. None of them were right, and he had to tell me that it was the kid. I was so shocked that he said three times, ‘Are you there? Are you there? Are you there?’ I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know what to say.”

[​IMG]
    Chandler Riggs as Carl Grimes and Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes on ‘The Walking Dead.’ Gene Page/AMC
    He added he “never saw it coming” because as most thought, he felt Carl was the future of the show. “It was incredibly shocking. Everybody was reeling from it and continue to reel from it,” he added. “I would’ve thought there’d have been some warning from Scott that something this big was coming because this is by far the biggest death we’ve ever done.”

The Walking Dead returns on AMC Sunday, February 25, at 9 p.m. ET.

daywalker02, TMac'n and Blatz like this.
  20. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Another thing that annoyed me was that they just let Maggie and her people go after shooting some random hill topper.

Seems really flimsy.