1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All time Draft Finals

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RedNation, Jul 19, 2012.

1. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

FINALS
    Frontcourt- Who has the better FC

Backcourt- Who has the better BC

Bench- WHo has the better bench

Offense- Which team has the better overall team offense. Which teams offense would run smoother and be more effective.

Defense- Which team plays better defense? This includes team defense as well as individual defense

Chemistry- which team would have better chemistry and work together better. For example, a team full of scorers who like to keep the ball in their hands wouldn't work very well.

Based on these categories, you will determine the winner. IN THE END, WHO WILL WIN A 7 GAME SERIES

RedNation
    pg: Magic Johnson
    sg: Tracy McGrady
    sf: Paul Pierce
    pf: Chris Webber
    C: Kareem Abdul-Jabaar

Bench
    G: Rajon Rondo
    F: Dale Ellis
    C: Ralph Sampson

VS

Jamers

PG - Isiah Thomas
    SG - George Gervin
    SF - Grant Hill
    PF - Tim Duncan
    C - Moses Malone

Bench:
    PG - Tony Parker
    SF - Shawn Marion
    C/PF -Ben Wallace

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Frontcourt- Who has the better FC
    Before i give my vote on this section i need to disect and think out-loud(type) in order to decide...Pierce, Webber, Kareem = wow... Hill, Duncan, Moses = wow...this is very close so lets start with individual battles...
    Pierce vs. Hill
    Pierce - Now i wish, desperately wish, hill never got his career derailed with injuries... he was great on both sides and why he was great he never reached his peak/prime and while he was good at his relative peak it doesnt compare to pierce's reliability, scoring ability, defense, leadership, and other intangibles... when KG and Allen came over they really humbled him and got him off of his kobe mentality and helped him become a great teammate...
    Webber vs. Duncan
    Duncan - This isn't even up for debate, nor is it close... timmy d is best pf ever, while webber after he got injured and he lost his athletecism he fell off hard... duncan would school in this matchup...
    Kareem vs. Moses
    Kareem - You could easily make the arguement for kareem as the best center ever, but i wont... what you cant do is put him outside of top 3 ever, and they are all close... moses while he was great in his own right wouldnt be able to handle kareem...
    Analysis
    Jamers - i really like the combination of duncan and moses down-low with hill slashing or spottin up...duncan can step out and space the block so moses can work or pick and pop... likewise moses had decent range and could also step out to space the block for timmy to do work or spot up...
    RedNation - Kareem is gonna be able to do work with pierce and webber... but i dont remember webber having much of an outside game thus potentially cluttering the block and allowing defenders to cheat off thier man...
    Jamers - Jamers flawless spacing is the deciding factor... pierce and kareem have the talent advantage but the way jamers team meshes is enough for me... besides timmy d is so better than webber it almost makes up for the talent disadvantage...

Backcourt- Who has the better BC
    RedNation - both backcourts are great and would dominate... but if you look at the matchups rednation comes out favorably... Magic > isiah... magics height and quikness would be devestating for the shorter thomas... it would be a lovely battle to watch but come its magic who is in discussion for GOAT... tmac and gervin is almsot a wash... ill give the edge to gervin because he did it longer, but tmac was a massive beast... i really really wish he didnt succomb to injuries more so than hill... the dude was in discussions with kobe for best player in game... but gervin was essentially tmac before tmac... pierce is better than hill, but still not by all that much... again injurys ruined a promising career... the edge goes to rednation because magic being that much of a difference maker...

Bench- WHo has the better bench
    Jamers - i like the second unit of jamers alot... they all serve a important role... ben protects... marion defends and slashes.. while parker distributes and slahses also... rondo replaces magic and helps keep that uptempo going magic would set, ellis and sampson are nice, just not as nice IMO...

Offense- Which team has the better overall team offense. Which teams offense would run smoother and be more effective.
    Lets disect this a bit before i cast my decision on this topic...
    RedNation - magic, tmac, pierce, webber, and kareem SCREAM run and gun... that is a transition team chock full of athleticism and speed... this team is gonna put up numbers... their half-court might be a bit bogged down because webber doesnt space as much as i would like but its still gonna be fantastic with kareem and magic...
    Jamers - Everyone of these guys can put the ball in the hoop... they got the ability to run in transition but they are much better suited in the half-court with wonderful spacing and offensive players... i said before that any player could go off for 30 on any night... but hell this is the finals all of rednations could too...
    Analysis - id have to say both are well equipped... and it would come down to who controlled the tempo... if its slow paced than jamers gets it if its faced paced rednations gets it... the difference comes down to the bench... rondo is gonna be able to push and keep the tempo going, while tony parker likes to push it also... so i feel like the tempo would be more fast-paced giving the edge to...
    RedNation

Defense- Which team plays better defense? This includes team defense as well as individual defense
    Jamers - to be honest i see no weakness on either one of these teams... fantastically put together and one hell of a matchup to try and judge... i wont judge this on starting lineups, because i think i would be wasting my time typing out an analysis just to call it a wash, which is what it is imo... to me it comes down to that bench... as i've stated i like jamers bench... he doesnt loose as much of a step imo as rednation... dont get me wrong rondo is great at pg d and i like some ralph sampson, its just an advantage for jamers in my opinion...

Chemistry- which team would have better chemistry and work together better. For example, a team full of scorers who like to keep the ball in their hands wouldn't work very well.
    RedNation - i dont see chemistry issues at allll for either team... but for some reason i can see magic and kareem flowing together perfectly...

How am i supposed to judge and make a decision on this? i swear you could ask me ten times each day for the next 10 days and it would most likely be 5-5 at the end... i wanna vote for kareem and magic but i like jamers overall team more...i would like to say that the bench would make a big enough difference, but come on magic and kareem? wtf...

RedNation in 7, with atleast 4 games going to overtime and 1 going to double or triple overtime...

1 person likes this.
  3. RedNation

I laughed out loud like 5 times while reading that. Thanks for the vote but thanks more for the humor.

I agree with you, I think this is a true finals matchup

4. BigMaloe

lol it was extremely tough, and i really wanted to vote for jamers but magic and kareem is jus too much...

5. RedNation

I know. You and jamers seem to agree with everything. I am surprised I got your vote. no complaints :grin: 3 more to go. Let's get tmac that ring!

#5 RedNation, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  6. BigMaloe

yea me and jamers had a small lil friendly battle last draft but he obviously knows how to put a team together by the fact he reached finals two times in a row... but you can discredit the fact that you got two top 5 picks??? major wheeling and dealing...

didnt even think of the tmac win a ring concept... now i am rootin for your team...

7. Jamers

Jamers Member

Thanks maloe.. Just wanna point out that thomas did a great job against magic and swept the series agaiNst the lakers over 20 years ago.. Magic have size advantage, but isiah is too quick for him. And he proved that he's too much to handle for magic :grin:

8. RedNation

Irrelevant. Out you go

9. BigMaloe

hmm... interesting factoid i didnt know nor did i find while researching i guess... also the bad boys were just better and maybe he did and maybe he didnt but isiah's team did win... i can understand the quikness factor vs. hieght factor... but i know magic liked to be out on the break so he had to of had speed...

like i said could have went either way but my decision stands... no hard feelings...

10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Frontcourt:

Kareem, Webber, and Sampson vs Duncan, Moses, and Wallace

Kareem vs Moses

Besides rebounding, Kareem takes Moses in pretty much everything.

Webber vs Duncan

Duncan takes Webber in everything imaginable.

Sampson vs Wallace

Wallace is the better rebounder and defender, but Sampson the significantly better offensive player. To me, tie, but I value defense and rebounding more than most.

So, that's 2 match-up advantages for Jamers. The two factors that give the edge to Jamers, however, IMO, is that Duncan and Malone were great at getting to the line and Jamers' bigs are better overall rebounders and defenders.

Jamers

Backcourt:

Magic, McGrady, Pierce, Rondo, and Ellis vs Thomas, Gervin, Hill, Parker, and Marion

Magic vs Thomas

I think Magic went like second overall in this draft, which is just one or two spots higher than I think he deserved. So, Magic, big time.

McGrady vs Gervin

Talking strictly about peak, these guys are pretty much even; neither focussed much on defense, one was a more efficient scorer, the other the better playmaker, both had a lazy streak, etc., etc. Overall, I think it's a tie.

Pierce vs Hill

Gotta go with Hill here in terms of peak.

Rondo vs Parker

I'm not sure how significant this is seeing as how Magic and Isiah will probably play big-time minutes. Either way, I think it's even, all things considered.

Ellis vs Marion

This one's close, too. Very different players, Ellis the much better scorer, and Marion the much better defender and rebounder. Can't call it either way.

Overall, I'm going to give it to the team with the better overall player, RedNation.

RedNation

Bench:

Rondo, Ellis, and Sampson vs Parker, Marion, and Wallace

Already considered, no advantage either way.

TIE

Offense:

You gotta imagine that each team's pointguard will make his team run smoothly. Magic is a player that could dominate games without scoring much and Thomas was capable of carrying teams...

Damn, this is tough. For real, your mind goes all over the place when looking at these lineups. Ok, the individual thing has been done; this is the finals, let's consider playoff performances. Magic and Kareem are the big time champions on RedNation's team and Thomas and Duncan the big time champions on Jamers' team. I mean, those guys won multiple titles as "the man." No one matches Moses from RedNation's team, and that's why Jamers takes the advantage.

The peripheral players will probably matter as much as the peripheral players on most championship teams: not too much. However, I do like the ability of RedNation's team to hit open three-point shots.

This is tough, but RedNation's range takes it for him.

RedNation

Defense:

This would be a super high scoring series, IMO, because neither team has a group of players that would create a consistent defensive mindset. Jamers, however, does have the better defensive players (Marion, Duncan, and Wallace) that can play together and create that mindset for certain stretches. In addition, Jamers has the clear advantage on the boards.

Jamers

Chemistry:

Don't foresee many problems once the teams establish heirarchies.

TIE

WHO WILL WIN A 7 GAME SERIES:

This comes down to RedNation's offensive advantage vs Jamers defensive advantage and its clear rebounding advantage. In the end, I'm all about defense and rebounding so I'm going with Jamers winning 4 tough games before RedNation does the same. They're the tougher team inside, will draw more fouls, and has a potential defensive lineup that could resemble a fourth line in hockey - except that they'll still have the potential to score consistently -.

Jamers

Congrats, and good luck the rest of the way to both of you's.

11. Jamers

Jamers Member

Thanks JumpMan..

Series Tied 1-1

@RedNation, since the series is tied, would you like it to berace to 5 or best of 9 series?

I think we need to get more votes hehe

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Finals time, you guys tell me what I tweet to the NBA experts. I can mail some of them, too.

13. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

RedNation
    pg: Magic Johnson
    sg: Tracy McGrady
    sf: Paul Pierce
    pf: Chris Webber
    C: Kareem Abdul-Jabaar

Bench
    G: Rajon Rondo
    F: Dale Ellis
    C: Ralph Sampson

VS

Jamers

PG - Isiah Thomas
    SG - George Gervin
    SF - Grant Hill
    PF - Tim Duncan
    C - Moses Malone

Bench:
    PG - Tony Parker
    SF - Shawn Marion
    C/PF -Ben Wallace

Backcourt:
    Close to a tie...but Magic gets the nod over Isiah.
    RedNation

Front court...
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in his prime could only be stopped by a few men, one of them was Nate Thurmond, another was Moses Malone.
    Tim Duncan vs Chris 'Time out' Webber?
    Hill vs Truth?
    Jamers

Bench...
    This one is close to a tie as well, but Ralph Sampson gets RedNation over the line.
    RedNation

Offence...
    Jamers has an awesome team, built to score and play defence...but for overall offensive punch?
    RedNation

Defence...
    Moses, Timmy, Hill top class defenders...and Gervin was no slouch either. Then you have Marion & Wallace off the bench!
    Too easy.
    Jamers

Chemistry...
    Two words...Magic & Kareem. Case closed.
    RedNation

Individual match-ups
    RedNation........................Jamers
    pg: Magic Johnson.............Isiah Thomas
    sg: Tracy McGrady.............George Gervin
    sf: Paul Pierce...................Grant Hill...tied
    pf: Chris Webber...............Tim Duncan
    C: Kareem Abdul-Jabaar.....Moses Malone

Bench
    G: Rajon Rondo..................Tony Parker
    F: Dale Ellis........................Shaun Marion
    C: Ralph Sampson...............Ben Wallace

RedNation 5-4

Overall I see RedNation Linning in 7 games...Magic and the outside shooting being the difference.

14. Jamers

Jamers Member

grant hill ave 20+ppg 7apg 7rpg in his prime... much better than Pierce. He was a LeBron prior to his injuries.. Way better than pierce, IMO

15. RedNation

Keep it best of 7... the real finals are best of 7

Yung t can you vote on here?

16. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Am I allowed to vote, or are the judges already pre-determined? Want to make sure it counts before I do an analysis.

17. Jamers

Jamers Member

yep. You can vote

18. RedNation

No. You can vote. All the Gms from the draft are judges (whoever shows up)

19. RedNation

Jamers, just forfeit. C'mon man. Make tmac happy!

20. Jamers

Jamers Member

I guess 1 word winner don't count. It's the finals :grin: