1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All in the Family/Jeffersons Live

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobrek, May 22, 2019.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Not quite sure if this belongs here, but did anyone watch this train wreck? I read that one of the reasons they put this on was because people said they could not get away with the 70's scripts on today's TV. Yet, in The Jefferson's episode they twice bleeped out the N-Word where they said it back in the 70s. So, in order to prove a point, they ended up just proving what people had said.

B-Bob and mick fry like this.
  2. mick fry

mick fry Member

I watched those old shows but nah didn’t care to watch it. I have noticed ABC is bringing back all the old gameshows that again I won’t be watching.

3. bobrek

We just spent a week with my mother-in-law while she was in the hospital and she watched the game show network non-stop. We got home and I had GSN withdrawal.

mick fry likes this.
  4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Watched this the other day and thought no way in this day and age.

#4 mick fry, May 22, 2019
    Last edited: May 22, 2019
  5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I watched it and it (the "N" word) was said by one of the black character's (George Jefferson's brother) to another black character (George Jefferson) in the "All in the Family" skit with no bleep. Then, they were bleeping it later. I'm not sure if that first one slipped through or they figured it is okay since a black person was saying it to another black person?

I didn't think it was bad. It obviously wasn't as good as the original episodes, however. But, everyone did a good job considering it was live. Jamie Fox (George Jefferson) flubbed a line in the "All in the Family" skit. He then went off script saying something like "this is live, people...everyone watching at home is thinking their TV is messed up when it isn't" or something like that.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I thought Woody Harrelson and Jamie Foxx were good.

I do not like Kerry Washington and her whole emotional spill about staying true to the original but bleeping it out was soooo great was sooo fake.

Not a fan and the she goes into how these shows allowed her to play the president's interracial side chic was sooo stupid

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I started watching it and thought it was ok. Thought this part was annoying though and wish Foxx would just push through it. Never was a fan of Jimmy Fallon screwing up SNL skits either.

8. bobrek

Yeah...I thought that was weird..."so we worked out a compromise where we would say it, but they would bleep it"

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Marisa Tomei was good. You didn't think so?

pgabriel likes this.
  10. TheresTheDagger

Why not just watch the originals?

11. bobrek

I watched the originals. I am one of those people who say they could not get away with a show like All in the Family on network TV in today's environment.

cml750 likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Costanza?

bobrek likes this.