1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alexandre Paranhos - Rockets interest?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by ROXTXIA, Jun 9, 2013.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If the kid's any good, maybe I shouldn't help hype him up.

Found on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMJyw9a8cdM

The article on BSPN:

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=9351

Brazilian Paranhos a draft-day sleeper?

Alexandre Paranhos worked out recently for the Houston Rockets, but few people have even heard of the NBA draft prospect. Leandro Barbosa has been training the fellow Brazilian, and Barbosa's brother, Artur, has taken to promoting Paranhos. Here is part of what Artur said about Paranhos in an (unedited) email to ESPN NBA Insider Henry Abbott:

"Alexandre has really developed over the past 12-14 months. He was the star of the Liga Desenvolvimento Olimpico (LDO), which is the second most important league in Brazil. ... To see that I am not exaggerating about him having Lebron' s physique, his measurements from today yesterday were:

Height: 6'8"
    Weight: 241 lbs
    Wingspan: 7'3"
    Bodyfat: 9%

... I known there are not many players with Alexandre's body and athleticism in the world.And after so many years training ballhandling with Leandro, I also known there are not many guys at any position with Alexandre 's ballhandling because he learned from the best. Alexandre was the best three-point shooter in the LDO as well. He had a game last year where he made six threes."

If you check out some game film, there's little doubt that Paranhos has some freakish athleticism, but so do dozens of players who never set foot on the NBA hardwood. We'll see over the next couple of weeks if he is able to generate enough buzz for an NBA team to roll the dice on him come draft day.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Brazilian lebron.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KuSRisDMZ90" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You beat badlee to it.

5. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I'm not that impressed. I don't see much explosiveness. Why not just develop Terrence to play 3/4?

6. rocketfaithful

the only way I would want him is with a really late second rounder which we don't have. #34 is too soon on a gamble of that size.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The competition in that video looks so weak.

8. NotChandlerParsons

Looks like he has a pretty good jumper, but yeah nba level athleticism would be a problem.

Still, wouldn't mind stashing a player with that second round pick.

9. nepopop

nepopop Member

im from brazil and he is a nobody here. we have an u-22 league here and he averaged 9 points.

10. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

I don't like drafting middle-of the-draft international players. Chances are, we'd draft this guy, stash him in Europe, and he'll never ever wear a Rockets uniform. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking about Malick Badiane, Spanoulis and Llull.

Now, not to say that Llull doesn't have NBA ability...it's just that a lot of these guys drafted by NBA teams would rather stay in Europe, South America, etc. for a lot more money than they'd make coming over to the states to be the 10th man.

11. ROXTXIA

Outside of futebol and volei, most athletes in Brazil might be considered nobodies. But I understand. Plays in a zilch league.

Top 10 Brazilian sports:

1. Pegar mulher
    2. Futebol
    3. Futebol
    4. Futebol
    5. Volei
    6. Futebol
    7. Olimpiadas
    8. Futebol
    9. Futebol
    10. Qualquer outro esporte

1 person likes this.
  12. nepopop

nepopop Member

i was talking about the fact that he actually sucks at basketball. he's not in the youth team and he was a subpar player in the LDO (the u22 league that he played).

We have a lot of better prospects than Paranhos here in Brazil, including two or three that can be drafted two weeks from now. He wont be and its because he's not good.

13. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

More foreigners! Pop's statement about work ethic is pretty spot on lol

14. ROXTXIA

I was just pegando no seu pe, rapaz.

Name some of the Brazilian players who might be drafted. Lucas Nogueira?

15. nepopop

nepopop Member

yes. Lucas Nogueira will definitely be drafted.

Raul Neto can be drafted too. He is a great young point guard. He plays in Spain and was the best PG in the EuroCamp (Treviso). Morey was there btw.

Augusto Lima is in the NBA radar for a long time. He also plays overseas (spain too). Is a power forward with a good motor and mobility but lacks strength (a lot). He will workout with the Warriors today.

We have another Lucas in the draft. Lucas Mariano. He is way better than Paranhos but have no shot at being drafted.

Raulzinho and Augusto Lima could be drafted and stashed, but Nogueira will be taken in the 1st round for sure.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I guess Formula One isn't a sport.

17. ROXTXIA

Thanks for the info.

I remember a year ago that Lucas Nogueira was too green, too raw, but maybe he's had some seasoning and can actually make an NBA roster.

18. ROXTXIA

Ah, yes. They do like Formula One. Being from a country that prefers to watch cars go in a big oval, I didn't think of Formula One (which is better than our Nascar; at least they have interesting tracks/courses).

You can put that in somewhere at "5" or so and remove one "futebol".