1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alex smith anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rocketboi, Dec 24, 2012.

1. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Why not just get David Carr?

2. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

The Texans recently re did Schaub's contract. I don't think they can get rid of him without taking a big hit financially.

If they could replace him I'm in favor of bringing in Redskin's other rookie QB Kirk Cousins.

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Yeah, he's not going anywhere next season. It will take failing this season, as well as the next, to bring potential coaching/qb changes. This is just uninformed fans venting.

4. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Wilson is pretty legit but Flynn as a vet and with the pedigree he had should have won that job outright. He played like a average QB or a backup and left the door open for Wilson to kick the whole thing on top of him.

The first warning sign was obviously the Dolphins passing on him and after losing out to any rookie, he now has to hope for a Buffalo - Fitzpatrick situation because no GM or organization with any sense would look at him as a legit starter again. To bring him up as if he is a upgrade on Schaub is laughable and saying 'Flynn could replace you' to probably 37 QBs in the league today including Schaub would be only slightly less insulting then saying Vince Young could.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Schaub is way better than smith. He's having a bad stretch but he will snap out of it when it matters. Wasn't Arian stinking it up at the end of the year last year? Then torched the bengals when it mattered? We are going to make noise in the playoffs, fans need to calm down.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Matt Flynn got paid of one game. He wasn't very good in college either.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Yep. His contract is guaranteed through 2014, including signing bonus.

Barring epic failure or career ending injury, he's here until 2017 unless Gary gets the boot as well.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

JJ did this

9. Buck Turgidson

The post-surgery and post-debridement photos of his leg are just horrific. I knew he had complications but I had no idea it was that bad.

raining threes and Kim like this.
  10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Watching the Project 11 E60 episode now. One close to tear jerker moment so far. Very compelling. His wife is very dedicated. I wonder if all the talk about playing again is really just internal motivation to be healthy as can be. No one (wife, doctors, any team) will let him play again.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

There is no way I'm watching that -- I'm still recovering from the college b-ball kid with the bone sticking out of his leg.

raining threes likes this.
  12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Smith's leg after the 2nd surgery is like a scene from a horror movie, just gruesome and almost unbelievable.

13. Buck Turgidson

Oh, here's a metal plate and some screws...ok.

Oh ****...there's 12 inches of his ******* whiteass legbone.