1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adrian Woj suspended by ESPN

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaBeard, Jul 11, 2020.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

2. jayland

jayland Member

Woj was right to tell the dirt bag Trump butt kissing and attention seeking senator Josh Hawley to **** off and leave the NBA alone. But should just used PG13 language instead.

3. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

i wanna be a woj when i grow up

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm disappointed Woj didn't woj bomb report this himself.

BREAKING - **** you ESPN.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Depending on how replaceable we are, most of us would rightly be fired for gross unprofessionalism and damage to our employer's reputation if we sent a message like that to a US senator from our work email. Woj is too valuable to be fired over this (and he shouldn't be fired).

I doubt Woj is all that upset. 99% of his colleagues agree with his contempt for Republicans and are giving him attaboys in private.

The real problem is he gave the game away. You're not supposed to reveal your disdain for a large portion of your customer base like that. Keep it on the dl.

The NBA and ESPN's relationship with the Chinese Communist Party is worth investigating, but Woj is compromised in that regard given who signs his paychecks. So he lashes out when a politician brings it up.

7. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Why does the left assume that everyone has their view? I'm here in LA so I expect it but is it like that in Htown too?

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

9. TimDuncanDonaut

10. TimDuncanDonaut

Companies have social media policies, so I get the penalty for the profanity from a company email. People in general agree with Woj's sentiment. :D Suspension is enough, maybe after a short while he can just come back.

#10 TimDuncanDonaut, Jul 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Now he can Woj bomb under the radar.

Keep it up.

#11 daywalker02, Jul 12, 2020
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thing is Hawley was provoking this, was in it as much as the other guy, policitians just get the easy exit out.

I think smart republican fans should know that sports and bball should be untouched ground and shielded from any political views.

All those Trump guys rather discussing NBA issues than their failure in slowing down Covid.

#12 daywalker02, Jul 12, 2020
    foh, B-Bob, Lovemachine2000 and 6 others like this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Now I know how his name (and the abbreviation) is pronounced.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Mr Knot, so you gonna stop watching now?

Nook likes this.
  15. jayland

jayland Member

I’m actually surprised more people haven’t told Hawley to shut the hell up like Woj. Hawley is just a fame w**** who loves having his named mentioned. In addition to criticizing the NBA , he proposed stupid legislative ideas like regulating facebook and social media, censoring and regulating video games, and wrote an open ed saying the military should be used against protestors. He just chooses to announce proposals and targets of his criticism that will help give himself more exposure.

napalm06 and RayRay10 like this.
  16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He will leave. And get a higher paying gig. The best reporter in the NBA can tell people to kiss his ass.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Woj Bomb.

As a former GOP candidate from this spring, I support Woj. Hope he lands with Simmons on the Ringer.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

"It does appear Shams unliked the tweet after liking it."
    [​IMG]

Nook and tinman like this.
  19. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

yeah, everyone should totally tolerate the NBA bending over to communist China.

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It goes both ways lol. Right think everyone has their view, left thinks everyone has their view, etc etc.

I had some nut job come at me the other day making up **** about a political figure and I just stood there, listened to his ranting and then left. The dude was under the impression that I believed the bullshit he was saying. Quite frankly, I sometimes don't feel like discussing issues with people that are that misinformed.

It's possible to disagree with issues and not lie or make up **** to get your point across.

RayRay10 and PDJACK7 like this.