1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Administrative Offices Reduction in Rules/Regulations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

This is a thread devoted to not the big, loud laws but the deconstruction of many of the of the pernicious regulations that have cost our country billions in taxpayer funds, increased bureaucracy and inefficiencies and led to government involvement in nearly every industry in the country acting like gravity on our great businesses.

They all have these very helpful sounding names, but ultimately are government control over our lives.

Examples:

Calorie Count by Restaurants no longer have to be disclosed

Waters of the United States Rule

Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces

Fiduciary Rule (I hope they get rid of this nonsense)

I hope we continue to see the first and most significant reduction in government meddling and oversight and a reduction in the administrative branch that holds far too much power by unelected officials.

2. Anticope

Anticope Member

Hopefully this turns out better than your Trump approval rating thread, OP. Good luck!

KingCheetah likes this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

No government is a great ideal. Problem is it's an ideal.

4. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Yeah all the "Approval Ratings" had Trump in the shitter before the election. Every Network Pollster had him losing
    and now i'm going to believe those same fools?

Yeah....no thanks!

5. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

OP picks the oddest bunch of laws to rile against. I picture a fat chemical plant supervisor who washes down greasy food with contaminated drinking water. But I don't get how the fiduciary rules fit into that picture.

6. Anticope

Anticope Member

Yet you started a thread based on an approval rating poll from Rasmussen who, by the way, had Hillary up 2 points going into election day.

7. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

This ideal is never no regulations, but sensible balance between commerce and a governmental body that is just
    there to promote the most basic safety, administration and the rule of law and enforcement of it

8. Anticope

Anticope Member

The OP would drink contaminated, brown drinking water if it was the product of a Trump executive order cracking down on water-quality regulations.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I waiting for OP to post something specific on what regulations were done away with and why it's good. It's hard to participate in a conversation when it is this general.

10. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Keep complaining but all these rules are coming down.
    That's a great utopia where the government controls every puddle in the US and is the all serving benevolent master
    to us all allowing us to touch water on our own land.

There are people that feel they can control their lives and make decisions for themselves then there are weaklings like
    you that need the government to tell you whether you can drink water for yourself.

Keep your diaper and breast pump on!

11. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

The fiduciary rule is such a broad general rule that then converts nearly every IRA to a forced asset management fee.

So if someone is a savvy investor and has an IRA with Merrill Lynch and wants to pay commission in 1985 and buy shares of
    Coca Cola and Berkshire Hathaway and just HOLD them for 30 years they would have kicked the crap out of the market and
    paid no commissions for 30 years. With the fiduciary rule, it forces people into advisory accounts with management fees of
    1%-2% a year and then enough activity to justify said fees.

So this rule promotes an asset based fee that may not be needed in many cases and forces activity to justify the fees
    when long term returns are inverse to activity within the account.

Is that specific enough for you?

12. Anticope

Anticope Member

So that's a yes on you wanting to drink deregulated Donald Trump poop water.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yes, that's specific enough. But I hadn't heard an analysis that it would force people into asset management fee relationships. I spent 10 minutes googling it and didn't find it. The primary con argument I saw was the cost of compliance. Do you have an article or something to link me to?

14. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

There are rules regarding the exportation of unrefined oil that could be ridden.

15. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Most the major investment firms (JP Morgan, Edward Jones, Merrill Lynch) dropped commissions in IRA's directly due
    to the Fiduciary rule.

This is a great example of how one size fits all regulations take away choice from consumers.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He's right. Most of the major investment houses are making major changes because of this.

Making regulations to protect consumers from being taken advantage of by unscrupulous service providers often comes with the unintended consequences of eliminating options for the majority of consumers who weren't being taken advantage of. The robo advisors love rules like this because it benefits their model.

17. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

I do believe there are unscrupulous people in virtually every profession and there are ignorant consumers as well and when those two come together
    it can create terrible outcomes which in some cases may even include illegal activity.

But this is the lowest denominator of people and by creating rules to protect the most ignorant consumers at the expense of all consumers doesn't
    help the country but hurts it.

I don't think those behind a nanny state regulating from how one can invest to how big of a soft drink they can order to even drug use are malicious.
    I believe many of them are overridden with emotion to help those but the unintended consequences from these emotional decisions are net negative to the country and further cedes more of the economy and the processes of business in the hands of governmental bureaucrats and plutocrats and not in the hands of the founders and true stakeholders in these enterprises.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

So Trump continues his war with old people. Cutting Meals on Wheels wasn't enough. Going after Medicare was not enough. Now going after old people in nursing homes. btw, Trump owns a nursing home...

Fight over right to sue nursing homes heats up
    http://thehill.com/regulation/healthcare/345411-fight-over-right-to-sue-nursing-homes-heats-up

http://trumppavilion.org/

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]