1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ad placement on mobile?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Os Trigonum, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone else having problems with the ad placement at the bottom of the page on mobile? it is the full-width advertisement between the posts in the thread and the reply box . . . when you try to scroll through it, if you hit it you get redirected to that ad's page. And also if you attempt to hit the scroll bar to return to the top of the page while the scroll bar is on top of that ad, you also get redirected to that web site. Super annoying, I have probably been redirected to amazon.com over two dozen times over the past couple of days. If there were a way even just of shrinking that ad banner so that it didn't span the entire width of the screen, that would be a big help.

krmclaughlin likes this.
  2. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

I've been having the same problem. As I'm scrolling through threads on my mobile browser the BBS will spontaneously redirect to ads. Maybe I'm clicking accidentally, I don't know. Not only that, the ads will create dialogues that prevent me from leaving the page (even if I click 'prevent new dialogues'), so I actually have to close the window and start all over again. I've been getting that same fake amazon.com page nonstop.

Os Trigonum likes this.