1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

AAA Texas - I just saved a lot on my car insurance

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Andre0087, May 22, 2019.

1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Wow, I was pleasantly surprised by the amount the quoted for me. I have 2 vehicles both around 4 or 5 years old, no liens, one accident 5 years ago, at fault, and they pretty much cut my auto rate in half for the same coverage. Just signed the paperwork online earlier. Has anyone else dealt with them for auto or home insurance?

2. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

My grandma gives me her AAA travel books after she goes to Branson.

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

My homeowners just went up 77% and will be checking for a quote later.

4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I just finished speaking over the phone with them and their homeowners quote is way more than what I'm paying now. I would have preferred to have those two with the same company but it's not gonna happen. They don't even offer windstorm/hail for south/southeast Texas, you have to go through the TWIA for it.

donkeypunch likes this.
  5. body slam

body slam Member

Not insurance but if you have a AAA towing plan be sure its the plus or premier plan. Basic plan basically just gets you help and you have a lot out of pocket expense.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Also, remember to use the AAA discount at hotels, restaurants and attractions.

justtxyank likes this.
  7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's a little pricey but the piece of mind is totally worth it - especially if you're married. Used it a few months ago when my wife's transmission blew out on 99. Instead of me trying to tell them where she was, she just opened the app on her phone and they tracked her and came right to her.

As far as insurance, I always use a broker to find me the lowest rate. Zander Insurance is pretty good. They saved me $50/month on my car insurance a while back by switching from Geico to Progressive.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

All I know is I'll never use AllState or any of their companies ever again. I had home/auto with them about a year ago. They found someone that once lived at my address and just added them to my policy. I received no communication at all asking if this person lived in my house or was related to me in any way (she wasn't. She was the daughter of the people that the people I bought the house from...bought the house from). They fixed it after a fight and having to prove that this person didn't live here. I got away from the immediately as I'm not entirely comfortable with that as a strategy.

9. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

10. bobrek

It's also good if you are with someone whose car breaks down. It applies to any car you own or are in. My wife used it when her friend's car she and some other women were in had a flat tire.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I know that feeling. When we changed our car insurance from AllState to Progressive, we saved a ton. AllState wanted DOUBLE for less.

I was so happy I decided to get off my ass and check the competitors offers.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Hail coverage is a waste. Just put blankets on the roof when necessary.

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I didn’t know round rock was providing that service

14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

The windstorm coverage was the major issue...I can't go without that after what Harvey did to us. Hell I wouldn't go without it ever because I live in a hurricane prone area.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

haha. got you. I am going to no longer use sarcasm on the internet.

16. Buck Turgidson

Did you misspell AARP?

17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

LOL, my fault, sometimes when I get off I still keep it all business. I just read hail coverage is a waste.

peleincubus likes this.
  18. bobrek

Too radical a group for me