1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Year Into #MeToo, Public Worried About False Allegations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Oct 12, 2018.

?

Do you support the fundamental ideas of due process, equal protection and innocent until proven guil

Poll closed Oct 12, 2019.
  1. Yes, regardless of gender, political affiliation, or "race"

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. No, women should be believed over men, Democrats over Republicans, and "People of color" over "White

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The American public has apparently rejected the idea that 'women should always be believed' when it comes to sexual harassment and assault allegations, as the poll below demonstrates. Fifty seven percent of Americans are now equally concerned for young men facing false accusations as they are for women facing sexual harassment and assault. Seventeen percent say they are more concerned for women, while 15 percent are more concerned with men.

If only
    women did always tell the truth and if only this issue hasn't been irretrievably tainted and defiled by the Democrat left for their own partisan political purposes. But human beings do lie, and as EVERYONE knows, that includes women as much as it does men. Also, we have seen how this issue has been hijacked by the Democrat left for their own tawdry political purposes.

Women (and men) making allegations of sexual harassment should always be taken seriously and their allegations should be evaluated responsibly, along with all other pertinent facts and evidence associated with the allegations. But the idea that the entire evaluation should be restricted to just the accuser's testimony, absent any other facts or corroborating evidence or facts is unjust, corrupt, and just plain wrong.

Fortunately, as the poll above demonstrates quite decisively, this debate appears to be effectively resolved, and quite a bit faster than I was expecting. I thought this would take at least a number of more months yet, and maybe even another year or so. Apparently not.

The American people are showing some wisdom here that is well beyond what many people thought was currently likely or maybe even possible. The good news is, if they can come out on the right side of this issue, they can very likely work their way through other similar "Political correctness" and "Identity politics" related issues as well.

BruceAndre and John Oliver like this.
  2. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

MojoMan likes this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

And by public you mean stupid men, typically Republican.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and malakas like this.
  4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

5. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I would hope that this is true, but the blue pill runs deep in our society.

[/QUOTE] But human beings do lie, and as EVERYONE knows, that includes women as much as it does men.[/QUOTE]

Again, I would like to agree, but the numbers of feminists and their white knights are legion.

[/QUOTE] ...this debate appears to be effectively resolved......[/QUOTE]

Again, I would like to believe that this is true, but I'm jaded enough to be reluctant to share your optimism.

6. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

Bobbythegreat and BruceAndre like this.
  7. larsv8

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

you should really heed that last part lest you continue getting yourself into "fake but accurate" territory.

9. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

The other thing that should be noted is that "sexual assault" is now being conflated with "rape." And "sexual assault" can be any kind of "unwanted touching."

My bigger take on all this -- we're now seeing why there used to be chaperones, separate dorms and schools, and social pressure to marry young.

MojoMan and John Oliver like this.
  10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Yeah, all of those supposedly antiquated and unnecessary precautions and protections appear to have some very practical justifications after all. Just like Vice President Pence's practice of not being alone in a room with a woman. What person - who is not a complete fool - continues to chide him for that now?

cml750 and BruceAndre like this.
  11. larsv8

Nah, I'm good.

My position is that there is a relatively low reporting rate.

What is yours exactly?

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

See, This is why Sharia law works people.

Five male witnesses are required for a reported rape to be prosecuted.

Seems like good idea now huh...

joshuaao and CometsWin like this.
  13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

You are the one advocating for it. I would still say no, but obviously you disagree.

John Oliver likes this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

Ohhh poor men having to worry about being falsely accused.

Nook likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Man I thought they had it figured out based on the rhetoric of all the people in the States who usually are deathly afraid Sharia law creeping in the US.

It seemed like you guys would embrace it. My bad. I only have the rhetoric you spew to go on.

16. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

17. malakas

malakas Member

Yeah hahaha want me to show the 100+ headlines of only today of women being raped and sexually harrased around the world?

But sure I will shed a tear for the one guy who ended up in prison due to false accusation.

18. jsingles

jsingles Member

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Of course, it is all men attacking this. Maybe those attacking should listen to the victims instead of judging the movement and thinking they know best. If the ratio of male to female senators were reversed in the Kavanaugh hearing, it would have been very different.

Men (at least most of you), you haven't been women. Better to realize they have an insight into this that you will never have. The closest you could come would be to actually listen.

20. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

#20 John Oliver, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    BruceAndre likes this.