1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A well-regulated Melisha

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 28, 2020.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

AOC creating jobs then.

Yes, I've lived here 40 years now.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

I lived in Garfield Park ... in Chicago...

Ottomaton and RayRay10 like this.
  3. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Damn, what the hell are you doing there? I’ve got a buddy in St Louis that said he’ll never go anywhere near West Garfield Park.

4. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I’ve never realized how much I missed TX until I moved out here a couple years ago. Seattle is not even liberal anymore, it has morphed into something monstrous like a crossed between Dr Jekyll and Mr Hide.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Just want to point out that while you certainly described the leadership of the Republican Party, as well as large numbers of it’s members, not all conservatives view things that way. I always try not to paint with too broad a brush, although some here will read that with disbelief.

There are conservatives who still believe in a balanced budget and other traditional conservative issues from a few decades back, as well accessible healthcare, women’s rights, and the rights of the LGBTQ+ community, for example. I know a few, although these days they tend to vote Democratic in presidential elections. My sister is like that. As a broad description of today’s GOP, you are on target, in my opinion.

#185 Deckard, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    RayRay10 and CometsWin like this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’d consider giving it up if it guarantees no orange man. Although it’d be difficult to be in software sales without the internet.

RayRay10 and Deckard like this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Don’t do that! It’ll take more than you, more than me. More than a village. It’ll take millions more than the fools trump will have voting for him to overcome the voter suppression his supporters love to see. Besides, my daughter’s a software developer. I wouldn’t want software sales to take a hit. ;-)

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This board used to have quite a few conservatives like you described, 10-15 years ago.

RayRay10 and Deckard like this.
  9. Senator

Senator Member

[​IMG]

Let's keep it peaceful!

The guy with the gun is a personal injury attorney who has tons of disadvantaged black clients (likely secret white supremists) vouching for him , supporting what he did given the context of the situation. He spent over a decade restoring that home in a historic district and was blocks away from where buildings had been burnt down and looted earlier in the month. Some people only offer negativity, luckily they can use him as inspiration.

10. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

And I bet at the time you called the extremist nazis...because you're a liar

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Could you put that in English?

jiggyfly, B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

extremist Nazis are "great people"

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

no cause justifies surrounding someone's residence, it's a pure fear and intimidation tactic

#193 Commodore, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

They are running out of options unfortunately.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Braver than I, but I only know it by reputation.

FWIW I've been to East St. Louis a ton. There's a little town adjacent called Brooklyn where we used to take all our fraternity pledges, to the grossest, most dumpy strip club I've ever seen, whose name I thankfully have forgotten. East St. Louis is a dump, but most of the rep comes from the fact that the government was so corrupt for forever. For a while the city canceled all garbage service, then someone sued the city and because the city was broke, they took East St. Louis City Hall until the city could come up with the money.

The crime stats for the City of St Louis are actually much worse than the City of East St. Louis. East St Louis primarily is the home of 24 hour strip clubs and all night bars that can serve alcohol 24 hours. It isn't a nice place, but it isn't the slum it's made out to be. It's severely depopulated and run down. I'm sure prostitution and drug sales are amazing, but it isn't the robbery and murder capital of that area - people are way to spread out. The dumpy packed together slums of St. Louis are far more dangerous to life and limb.

#195 Ottomaton, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    Nook, Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you on the bad parts of St. Louis. I felt real racial and economic tension when I was there.

Garfield Park is different. It is less than half full. It doesn’t look terrible when you see it. It has a park and old buildings and is clean.

I didn’t really feel racial tension as, yes I am white but it is literally 99% black. There isn’t Economic tension either as no one there has money and those with money never shop or stop there.

It is weird though because 15-25 year olds control that place. Everyone older than 25-30 is scared shitless that some 16 year old is going to open up and shoot over any perceived slight.

My time in the actual neighborhood walking around was limited. I was told by a teenager to not spend too much time outside or I would be robbed by a KTS or NLMB gang member and that most the kids were high as ****.

My “friends” car was broken into by a literal mob of NLMB members as we watched from the window. I saw some of the kids that did it (with their face masks on) and we just talked about it friendly and it didn’t happen again.

I was good to my neighbors and that kept me out of trouble and I have to say the vast majority of people were friendly but scared.

My supervisor spoke to the local police about me living there and whether it was a risk. The police said it was... but they were so uninvolved. They only showed up to see the dead kids and make a half ass effort to solve the murders. Everyone knew who did it in the community but the police had no interest.

The worst thing to happen to GPark was the government putting the gang leaders in prison. Now kids control the streets.

Deckard, RayRay10 and Ottomaton like this.
  17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

About the melisha:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-i...-behind-the-gun-toting-st-louis-lawyer-couple

Deckard and RayRay10 like this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I'm willing to bet the letters weren't "angry" and so what if they were? Also people have the right to pursue legal solutions with community groups which can break the law and oppress community members who lack legal funds. They sound like law abiding citizens bro and people like that deserve to have their personal property rights respected. They are not some half wits pursuing a political objective with crime like the people you and others are gleefully cheering for.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

howbout the No Mask My Body cause?

RayRay10 likes this.