1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

a new generation of LOFs/YOFs ...

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by durvasa, Feb 16, 2018.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I put LOFs and YOFs and the "Harden HAS to win the MVP or I'm going to explode" brigade all in the same, insufferable boat. I feel all the markers are the same.

There was a poster in another thread talking about wanting something "bad" to happen to Doris Burke -- who pretty much never has anything negative to say about any player -- because she dared to suggest that Westbrook still has a chance to be part of the MVP conversation by season's end and someone twisted that into "She is promoting Westbrook as MVP!" It's not the first time I've seen posters on here make suggestive posts of violent acts against female media members who criticized the Rockets and/or praised a rival team/player. That is symptomatic of an angry mob culture overtaking this forum.

Crap like that is what I have a problem with, because I want this community of Rockets fans to be the best it can be. I feel compelled to challenge any idea or dogma on here I consider debatable that feeds into the festering angry mob disease, although more often than not it results in me wasting a lot of time having to fend off the angry horde one after the other. To my disappointment, I find even some BBS veterans join the pile on.

Does anyone share this sentiment, or am I alone here? If I am truly alone, I'm just going to shut up about it and let it be.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you got my support

durvasa likes this.
  4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I agree. I used to post a lot more in the GARM and I still visit it multiple times a day but some of the comments are just asinine and uncalled for. I get being a homer Houston fanatic, but at least be a good sport about it too. I will say, I am happy the cesspool of FTW and the other attention w**** posters have been wiped out for the most part. All that spam and tagging of each other was unbelievably sad.

Yung-T and durvasa like this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

These newbs are not attack the Golden State Warriors, they are attacking previous Rockets teams, like the CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS

Harden is making Hakeem Obsolete?

Rise up

durvasa likes this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

I want to delete all accounts that think that Clutch City Championship teams are inferior.
    DELETE THEM ALL

Go Judgement Day

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The homerism for harden gets really bad tbh. You can’t criticize any aspect of his game (while acknowledging he is an amazing player) without getting torched.

The MVP thing is a sore spot, we’ve seen him get snubbed for stupid reasons over and over again. People like me stopped caring about the award, others get more sensitive. But the violent stuff is uncalled for regardless

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I thought the Junkyard Dog was Pat Beverly. Who is Mario Ely my tio keeps talking about? I was born in 2000.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

The insulting of the Clutch City championships to boost up the current team gets me
    If I was on plane with these dog rockets fans and with Karl Malone and the plane had two parachutes.
    I guess me and Karl will jump out and let those dogs hit the ground

11. tinman

Supporting Member

They care more the mvp than the title.
    This is absolutely true

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

On the one hand, homerism is expected from sports fans. It's actually part of the fun of being a fan. "Fans" are supposed to be "fanatics." They aren't expected to be rational.

On the other hand, the MVP thing is extremely tiredsome. I avoid it like I avoid the Lin thread.

It's funny how so many Rockets fans despise the media as ignorant and unprofessional, yet care with so very much passion about whether the media respect the Rockets. Why would you crave the respect so much from someone you utterly despise? It is just beyond my comprehension.

Yung-T and durvasa like this.
  13. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

I drop in every couple of years to see how the forums are going; honestly, nothing really changes.

The number of idiots posting is directly proportional to the number of people posting, it's just exacerbated because idiots tend to post more often (in my experience).

Nook, heypartner, Easy and 1 other person like this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

its really

8 wins less, 3 seed lower, 2 unconsested stat padding rebounds, playing with an superstar is the true mvp

vs

8 more wins, 3 seeds higher, lone superstar is the true mvp

guess where Morey & Cp3 stands

howbout presti, given a choice would he have rather traded WB instead?

#14 vlaurelio, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

I've already stated this, but this is true.

The new generation of Rockets fans care absolutely more about media recognition than championships.

Also the answer is simple, they like it when the media is negative about the Rockets because secretly in their subconscious they believe the same thing.

16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

lol @ you repeatedly going there. what does doris' gender have to do with any of this?

Victim culture.

J.R. and vlaurelio like this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

Clutchfans was created because us pure fans didn't like ESPN and the regular media sites, we wanted to hear from other pure fans and the purest fan about the Rockets.

We got stories like Dream telling a 99er at Whole Foods he ain't coming back to Houston. With the crap handheld phone the 99er took a pic for proof. Then a week or so later, Dream goes to Toronto.

Or when Clutch goes to training camp and talks to Barkley.

That's what Clutchfans was truly about. Not about reposting ESPN articles that are not favorable to the Rockets.

It was straight up Wakanda,
    not this Liberia stuff going on now

18. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

You really don't want to spell judgment correctly, huh?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Are you talking about @vlaurelio? He's a Harden apologist but I think he means well.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

@durvasa is a whiny b!tch comparing morey & cp3 to LOFs

too coward to even speak up in the GARM

Nook, J.R. and Daddy Long Legs like this.