1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Formal Apology to Conservatives

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dandorotik, Feb 4, 2014.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I am formally apologizing for past comments I have made to several conservatives on this board, specifically BigTexx, Basso, Commodore, Tallanvor, and others who I'm forgetting at the moment. Regardless of my disagreement with them on issues, name-calling and other tactics I've used in the past have no place in civil discourse. I am making a late New Year's Resolution to be more civil to those I disagree with. Thanks to you as well as to liberals and all in between, but particularly to conservatives for your viewpoints that I may not see eye-to-eye with but that I respect.

1 person likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a nice sentiment but we have a thread for things like this already.
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=198916

Post there ya dumbass!;)

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I accept your apology and look forward to your civil discourse.

4. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You could start by trying to exhibit the same. Sadly, you will just continue to lob insults at a group of people (Liberals) or the President in the incredibly uncivil manner which you have always shown.

1 person likes this.
  5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

your response does not capture the spirit of the thread. In fact it does the opposite.

1 person likes this.
  6. GladiatoRowdy

Awwwww, are texxy's feelings hurt?

The "spirit" of this thread isn't one I share. In my opinion, conservatives are far more insulting on a regular basis. Just look at any hour of Fox "News" and see how many times they insult others. Just look at any thread in which you are a participant and see the number of insults (I know, you only insult groups or public figures and that doesn't count :rolleyes: ) you toss out, even AFTER admonishing others to refrain from insults.

I'll continue to give exactly the same kind of respect I get, which from and to you is absolutely none.

7. dandorotik

I do not agree with you that I am a dumbass, but I respect your right to have that opinion of me.

(damn, this is going to be harder than I thought)

8. dandorotik

You have every right to do that- it's just more of a personal thing for me b/c unlike others, I get carried away with the insults and profanity. You know, it's like I'm an Insultaholic- once I get started, it's hard to stop.

9. dandorotik

Thank you very much.

10. GladiatoRowdy

I respect your decision and hope that you end up getting the respect you deserve from the people to whom you directed your apology.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And I respect that you respect my opinion. Now do you respect that I respect that your respect my opinion?

12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

as someone who is highly critical of both parties and thus gets it from both "sides" i can say that "liberals" can be just as insulting as "conservatives"...and i hesitate to even use those terms because it is really more about partisanship than principals. i think "democrats" and "republicans" would be more apt.

and honestly, i think some of the democrats on here are more mean spirited, humorless and nastier than most republicans. at least people like bigtexxx are entertaining. i disagree with most of what he says, but im pretty sure i would rather share a pitcher of beer with him than many of the hyper-partisan obama supporters.

and if we are going to talk about how insulting fox news is (which i agree, they are horrible) how about msnbc and that stupid melissa harris-perry making fun of a little kid.

in the end though, on its absolute worst days this forum is way, way, way more civil than pretty much any other place on the internets where people voice their political opinions.

#12 jo mama, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    2 people like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

You are boring.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Good post. Just ignore Nook, he never adds anything of substance.

15. GladiatoRowdy

I never stopped respecting your respect. ;)

16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

17. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I am willing to consider accepting apologies from moderates, conservatives, "libertarians" etc.

18. zoids

zoids Member

19. zoids

zoids Member

20. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

yeah, there are a few posters on here that rarely post replies without insulting others or being incredibly condescending.