1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

25 year old man murdered in Georgia for jogging while black

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, May 6, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

while this is a good point, it isn’t even really relevant under Georgia law.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

The citizens arrest argument is DOA under Georgia case law.

Here is a summary of a relevant case.

In Winn Dixie Stores Inc. v. Nichols, 205 Ga. App. 308, 422 S.E. 2d 209 (1992), a Winn Dixie customer complained to management that another customer stole her wallet. The court held that the limited rights of merchants to detain or arrest a person reasonably believed to have committed a shoplifting offense do not authorize a merchant to detain or arrest individuals accused by store patrons of committing crimes against other patrons. To make the arrest, an employee would have had to actually see the criminal act committed. Therefore, it was ruled that management had no authority to arrest the alleged criminal.The court suggested that the only person who could have made the citizen's arrest was the robbed customer herself.

I don't know why anyone keeps bringing this up. Unless the Georgia Supreme Court decides to totally change the current standard, they have no defense under citizens arrest in Georgia

DonnyMost, AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s obvious that a citizens arrest isn’t legal in this case to everyone except 2 racist trolls

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Shots Fired!

Somebody better put some respect on his name.

Holy ****.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

@dachuda86 & @Trader_Jorge Law Office : but what's the alleged criminal's background & history though? he was obviously up to no good always

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

keep your foot on their neck Merritt...apply that pressure

Am I the only one who thinks Roddy will start singing like Whitney Houston on the stand throwing everybody under the bus in order to save himself?

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

the daughter posted Arbery’s dead body on Snapchat like hunter’s post the body of a dead dear after a kill...nobody in their right mind does this

these people are sick and depraved

I have no doubt they were circulating pics and video of his death...I bet they were texting about the murder as well to their friends...their phone records would be very interesting

8. vlaurelio

[​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

possibly the best post in the whole thread.

KingCheetah and RayRay10 like this.
  11. Senator

Senator Member

The Jussie smollet dindu nuffin crowd is out in full effect. The nuances of situations are beyond them. Unable to contribute to society so they cling to whatever straws they can ... lots of hate in this thread. Hate is the reason 13% commit more than 60% of violent crime --- nothing else.

dachuda86 likes this.
  12. Senator

Senator Member

Or how about... don't steal from other people's personal property? Just take accountability and say it's wrong? You keep trying to find reasons to avoid the core issue here - and then getting emotional over the result. He was 25, knew what he was doing -- this cycle isn't going to change until that stops.

dachuda86 likes this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

But they want it to be a lynching because it confirms their racist view of the world.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The "Cycle"??.... The Cycle of what exactly?? What are you implying?

And what is the "Core Issue" here? You allude to a core issue, but don't say what it is. See this is what you guys do... you use obvious racist implications, and then when you get called out for doing it, you then point the finger and say its those calling your a$$ out that are racist.

This is a garbage post, and your implied racist tropes shouldn't be tolerated on a site like this.

Fact is... AS I SAID... even if your worst implications are correct... that he was an actual criminal serial trespasser who stole stuff like copper out of home build sites (no real evidence he is a criminal)... THAT IS NOT A CRIME THAT DESERVES DEATH... especially not by vigilante jerks who have no power in the criminal justice system.

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Quoted for calling out the racists as racists and for the TRUTH!

THAT IS NOT A CRIME THAT DESERVES DEATH... especially not by vigilante jerks who have no power in the criminal justice system

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't really understand why a handful of posters in this thread are so bent on defending the killing of this black man. Surely, I think, they are all smart enough to recognize the very serious weaknesses in their arguments, some of which are so bad that I can't help but think they come from a place of racial hatred. Some of the posters are already on my ignore list for their past racist posts. For my own wellbeing, I'm adding the rest of them to the list now -- they don't bring anything of value, only racism and misogyny, to the forum now. And I suppose I'll try to steer clear of this thread as well, since it only grows from people arguing with trolls.

D&D has always been a rough and tumble place that is not for the faint of heart. ATW used to drive me nuts with his anti-Islamic positions. We used to have a self-avowed white nationalist here who would argue mostly calmly his positions. We had many a thread about how Black Lives Matter was supposedly anti-white. But the amount of racism I see in this forum now, even from some posters who have been here for many years, seems more virulent than ever, which is depressing and concerning. It seems like the American white nationalist ideology is coalescing in the wider world, and we're seeing its influence reflected here, on a basketball bbs of all places.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What in Gods name are you even blabbing about now? I assume you are making the assumption that I am only focused on labeling matters on polar extremes which I am not if you actually read a word I wrote.

What I have consistently said... if you can actual read the English Language... is that even in the most charitable explanation of what the vigilantes had the intention of doing, and even in the most critical explanation of what the motives of Ahmad were in this situation....

HE DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE.

You're insistence on being defensive even on posts like this speaks to you disagreeing that he actually DID deserve to die which does not speak well to your racial view of the world if that's the way you really feel. You have constantly been arguing here in what can only be viewed as defense of the position that somehow it's okay that a black man was shot to death by someone who wasn't even a trained and accountable law enforcement official .... FOR ENTERING A HOME CONSTRUCTION SITE where he might or might not have had the intentions of stealing some copper or something.

I mean just wow... that's some dark feelings you are expressing here in the defense you have vehemently shared with us in this thread.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

the term “dindu nuffin” is something only racist, white supremacists use...these people are clear, unabashed racists

Dindu (Nuffin)
    Look for this phrase primarily in comment sections of stories about slain African Americans. "Dindu nuffin" (often abbreviated as "dindu") is a bastardization of "didn't do nothing," in reference to the claims of innocence that parents, friends, and community members make about the victims of unlawful police shootings.

Even in cases not involving police or criminal acts, black people, simply referred to as "dindus," are still the targets of alt-right memes. The presumption of guilt every time a black person is injured or accused of a crime is the small price these white supremacists are willing to pay for the opportunity to mock grieving mothers.

dachode used to have a Pepe the Frog avi

Pepe the Frog
    If Richard Spencer is the human mascot of this group, Pepe the Frog is its meme version. Much has already been said about the amphibian cartoon's ascension from fringe web-comic character to neo-Nazi mascot, including by the Clinton campaign.

Despite the disingenuous incredulity offered by the alt-right (and garden variety Trump supporters) after the ADL added Pepe to its official list of hate symbols, there is no reason to believe that anyone using the character today is at all unaware of the Nazi sentiments attached to it and should therefore be regarded as complicit in spreading said sentiments with his or her usage of the cartoon. Plausible deniability divorced itself from Pepe usage a long time ago. The swastika was once an innocent religious symbol, too. People have a tendency to ruin nice things.

dachode talked about Arbery jogging in boots and carrying a hammer in this thread

Far-right and neo-Nazi groups are spreading racist and false claims about a black jogger who was fatally shot in Georgia to promote their agendas on social media platforms, according to organisations that monitor online extremist activity.

The campaigns gained traction after the release this month of a videoshowing the moments before Ahmaud Arbery was shot dead in February. Two white men were arrested and charged in the shooting after the video drew widespread attention to the incident.

Some of the online posts, which include racist language, memes and graphics, claim that Arbery was carrying a hammer and wearing boots when he was killed, as the groups try to create false narratives about his death, analysts said.

Why are racist, white supremacists tolerated on this site?

19. vlaurelio

you can't change @dachuda86 and @Trader_Jorge
    they want to fight for their right for relentless armed pursuit of people who look suspicious to them
    they see someone "jogging with cargo shorts on" or "poking around open construction sites" or "drinking water in open construction sites" even if they clearly haven't witnessed anything stolen
    then they're off with their dad or son on their pick up truck with guns loaded in hot pursuit

Yung-T, dobro1229 and RayRay10 like this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

we need to start referring to these people for what they really are...POS racists

no, they do not actually agree with that, but since it happened to Arbery, they will defend it

let’s stop pretending that they are trying anything in good faith here in this thread...their arguments are weak and nonsensical, and they know it

both of these racist idiots talking this stupid sh*t in court would get beat down easily in the courtroom...I hope the McMichaels lawyers are as stupid as they are...prosecution would have everything wrapped up by lunch time

they are racists...period, end of story

these people are also cowards...enough with their white supremacist dog whistles

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.