1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021: Best Trade Option

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Jul 29, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

They also need to be built like volleyball players (7'0 wingspan+ and/or leaping ability) or middle linebackers (thicc and strong w/great feet).

Defensive communication and BBIQ is a plus as well.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I'm confused, why would we get Orlando involved when we could simply get Oladipo ourselves in this hypothetical?:confused:

D-rock likes this.
  3. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

They can clearly afford the best seafood in the U S of A on a regular basis. Maine Lobsta tails and clam chowda. Who would want leave that?

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Because Rockets need more bigs, not more guards. And AG is on better contract while Dipo is looking to get paid.

Imagine unlocking AG like MDA unlocked Jeff Green, this is the point.

5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Is Jeff Green "unlocked" or is he hot?

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

He is both.

But he is also 34 and a FA next season.

Hence the thread title about 2021 Trade Options.

Highly recommend this article on Jeff Green and how efficient and effective he has played in new position in Rockets system.

#106 D-rock, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Not much we can do without picks and Tilman's inabilty to pay the tax, but in the offseason, I could see something like this:

To Houston
    Al Horford
    Thybule

To Philly
    CP3

To OKC
    Gordon
    Richardson

The filler salary is extremely tricky, but there might something there.

8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

EGo is a net negative in trades now. Injured again when we should be showcasing him. Will be 32 at season's end with $76M owed across four seasons. Teams will be tightening their belt financially with the revenue losses this season, not spending $18M/yr on an oft-injured guard averaging 14.5/2/1.5 on 37%/32% shooting splits. My guess is if he can't play himself into form next year we will try to salary dump him and it won't be free.

RudyTBag and fattz like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mo Bamba is glued to ORL Magic bench for another season.

At the 2018 NBA combine, Bamba measured near 7 ft 1 in (2.16 m) tall and measured a 7 ft 10 in (2.39 m) wingspan, breaking the record that was previously held by current Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert.[20] At a private workout, Bamba reportedly ran faster than most of the NBA, including MVP Russell Westbrook, since he had a 3.04 3/4 court sprint.[21] Bamba refused to work out with the Memphis Grizzlies before the draft, and told them not to draft him.

Bamba can shoot the 3ball, 34% this season. And has the lateral agility and wingspan to defend all over the court. Also has ability to put ball on floor and create his own shot.

Not just fast, but likes to run. Supposedly added 20 lbs of muscle during downtime and before NBA re-start.

Scarface and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. fattz

fattz Member

We have a better chance at Gordon because Orlando is not giving up on him so early.

D-rock likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just posing all options. :D

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

none. Just sign ibaka in free agent....n prep for the parade...i do not kid...

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Gotta have multiple plans.

jch1911 and mike2k132 like this.
  17. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This is the best option. Defensively it would change everything in the post. I could see us top 5 D team. KD may get desperate to run it back. It would be crazy if they all ended up here at some point.

mike2k132 likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

I know Ibaka looks and feels like the better pick but I believe AG would be much more effective short roller, lob threat and secondary ball handler.

Think Jeff Green but younger, more explosive, more SKILLED and better 1-5 defender.

Remember that Jeff Green was a career 32% 3ball shooter before becoming a Rocket. Our 3's are super wide open, especially from the corners and this improves 3P% in players.

Jeff is now averaging 37% from 3 as a Rocket. He has an even higher completion in the bubble.

If Green can be 76% within 5 feet of the rim, imagine how automatic AG would be in this system playing off Harden.

19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Wait does AG stand for Aaron gordon...did read whole thread. But I roll my eyes everytime clutchfans bring him up..i don't get why he is bought up so much. Like its not realistic. Like people ag is really good and really young n everyone knows that..so what do the roxkets have that would make sense for the magic....that they couldn't get 3 times more from some other team. It just baffles me. He like clutch fans white whale lol. I always poke it say hey let's get luka while we at it since we doing unrealistic trades lol

D-rock likes this.
  20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Let we have no one of trade value that isn't valued more by us. It's just better to add n not subtract..again. ima die on this hill. I just now lbaka is the center morey has wanted his whole life. Its just too perfect. Especially when u include.the history he has with harden n russ n green...get the band back together