1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021: Best Trade Option

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Jul 29, 2020.

1. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Buddy heilds looks to be in the dog house....wonder if we can snag him as a EG replacement

2. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Isn't there a dumb trade ideas thread already?

CK Johnson likes this.
  3. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

maybe, but this is the Best trade ideas thread, not the dumb trade idea

he he

snowconeman22 and D-rock like this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

How would Baynes look on this team?

BeardSanity and dmoneybangbang like this.
  6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Do you guys think we'll be able to trade for Isaiah Hartenstein?

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I like Baynes a lot. He's tough, gritty, and can hit threes. But I don't think we're going to go for another center unless they are cheap and Baynes will have suitors. I think we are truly all-in on the center less lineup. Our defense is focused on having no liabilities on the perimeter and forcing turnovers, neither of which Baynes is strong at. I honestly believe we'd rather have someone like Marcus Smart than a decent center.

D-rock likes this.
  8. BreakYoSelfFool

Bol Bol, Glenn Robinson 3, Seth Curry, Gary Trent Jr, Tim Hardaway Jr.

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

Didn't the Rockets try to go after Wood at the deadline. Is a s&t realistic? He's going to be a star.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t remember seeing anything about them going targeting him at the deadline. A S&T isn’t probable at all because of all that it would require, but it’s the only way. He’d be so perfect here.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Nwaba was playing very, very well before he was injured. He is a plus defender, with a 7'0" wingspan and a strong body that can defend inside and outside. Players like that are highly coveted role players around the league. The question is whether you believe the improvement in Brooklyn is long lasting and how he will come back from injury.

If he is healthy and shooting the ball, he will be a massive improvement for the Rockets as they attempt to add players that can defend inside and outside.

He can really defend 4 positions adequately.

12. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets tried very hard to get him at the deadline but the Pistons did not want to give him up. He is likely to stay a Piston.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

5-7 years from now, when he is good.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Any idea of what Detroit’s price tag was, or was it a “he’s untouchable” type of thing?

If the Rockets did indeed try very hard to get him, it further proves my point that I’ve been trying to tell some posters here who think that we have abandoned the big man, when in actuality, we have decided to abandon the big man who can’t shoot.

luckyman76 likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Perhaps Morey will target an under the radar player like when he traded for Lowery and Dragic before they were good.

An underperforming former lottery pick like Mo Bamba who plays very little in ORL.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think a FRP was the price. Rockets only one they could trade was 2022 and they probably didn't want to move it.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

that’s lower than I thought it would be...if only we could’ve gotten it done

D-rock likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets were offering a #1 for him at some point. The Rockets had Celtics made many different offers and none of them were expected.

The Rockets are NOT adverse to size.... but they need size that can shoot from outside and can defend on the perimeter. The Rockets are specifically targeting players that are LONG so they can mitigate some of the size differences inside........ Covington had a 7'1" wingspan and is strong..... Nwaba is only 6'5" but he has a 7'0" wingspan and is strong....... Gordon has a 6'9" wingspan, Harden has a 6'11" wingspan.

Ideally the Rockets would get guys that are 6'9" with a wingspan over 7'0"

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

This was why I was so fascinated by Jonah Bolden, 6'9 with 7'3 wingspan, guard skills and ability to defend 1-5.

Same with Aaron Gordon, Christian Wood, Jeff Green and Justin Anderson (only 6'6 but 44" vert combined with 7'0 wingspan and thicc).

fattz and snowconeman22 like this.
  20. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Centers that fit the Rockets system have to be able to do two things.

1. Adequately guard 1-5 on defense
    2. Space the floor on offense

If a player can’t do those two things then the Rockets will not pursue.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.