1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Child molester" is just an addition to an already ignominious tradition.

I thought mocking a disabled reporter was a low that should have disqualified Trump from the beginning.

The new low is accusing Scarborough of killing his own employee, whose death twenty years ago was, of course, an accident. The husband of the lady who died has been living that loss all this time and now probably can't even raise the specter of taking Trump to court lest his Army of Trolls make his living hell even worse.

AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No and that's the big problem I think Biden's people will have to deal with. I think she's the best candidate for the moment for speaking to one issue... although it is the biggest issue.... but she's not the future of the party in any real meaningful way.

To your point though about being a right wing punching bag.... any Democratic woman will be that person if FoxNews decides they want that person to be. Even if a Stacy Abrams is widely ignored by FoxNews now, if she or anyone else is elevated to a position that makes FoxNews and the right wing media infrastructure think it's someone that could be a threat, they'll convince every single FoxNews viewer that Abrams is even worse than Hillary.

If the Biden team is polling popularity etc. they need to bake in what it will be like after that VP candidate has the full weight of the right wing propaganda network going full force to destroy that woman. The big question is, can that VP candidate have Obama like favorability with Dem voters and some independents to hold steady on favorability in the margins. That's why a Khlobachar might not be as safe a pick as one might think. I think if you are looking at Khlobachar for the reason that she's pragmatic, down the middle on policy, etc. Susan Rice might be the better pick. Likely very pragmatic, but tough as nails to endure, and have the Dem base really root for her.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Does your outrage go both ways? If not you’re a hypocrite. I’m curious how many times you stood up against anyone insulting Trump in an unflattering manner. Hell, there’s one this thread, which I hit the like button on. I think you owe that poster a little the same .....unless it’s ok for one side and not the other. And if you admit that, I’d respect it. Or if you address that post, I’d respect it, but I’d question the sincerity.

you can’t have it both ways...well you can but then everyone sees you.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup we have seen this coming from a mile away. Trump will declare himself the victor no matter what. Which is why it's not enough for Biden to win, he must crush Trump who will go to courts and try to have the results overturned.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can you imagine how awful Trump will be when he finally leaves office? For all of Mitch McConnell's recent tsk-tsking remarks that President Obama made privately that were leaked, is the over/under 0.5 admonitions of Trump making nonstop public statements that demean and call into question the actions of his successor?

Maybe Jack Dorsey will feel free to ban him from Twitter once he is no longer in office. Oh, who am I kidding; Trump makes too much money for Twitter to ever ban him.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Covid clearly on the decline, states re-opening, stock market making a V shaped recovery - all great for America. ...and on a side note, all factors that help Trump.

Expect the democrats to sensationalize any pocket of covid hot spot around the country (OMG a rural Arkansas hot spot!) and push fear to hurt the economy.

B@ffled likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

And Trump could run again in 2024 so he will be a constant side show. But given his health, a defeat may accelerate his decline and we won't have the mental capacity or be physically able in 2024 to run

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Heads we win, tails you lose’: how America’s rich have turned pandemic into profit
    As 26 million Americans lose their jobs, the billionaire class has added $308bn to its wealth

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...mericas-rich-have-turned-pandemic-into-profit

Wealthiest hospitals got billions in bailout for struggling health providers.

https://www.boston.com/news/health/...ns-in-bailout-for-struggling-health-providers
    EY8rzZdUcAAdrFa.jpeg

#568 deb4rockets, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Keep the dream alive.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. bigtexxx

Can anybody imagine where Biden's cognitive ability might be in 2024? Wow.

B@ffled likes this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Can anybody imagine where Trump's cognitive ability might be in 2020?

Trump suggested that we all should chug bleach.

Wow!

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Biden is by far more physically fit and more mentally stable than Trump will ever be. Trump is dangerous. Republicans and supporters know it, but pretend to believe in him to keep their jobs and enrich themselves. Senator Cruz is a perfect example.

Jayzers_100 and RayRay10 like this.
  13. bigtexxx

Poor no worries is still reeling from the beat down he took from me yesterday. I see you’ve resorted to insults to try to come back. Immature and ineffective.

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I just taking your cue. Silly me.

#574 No Worries, May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
    Nook and mdrowe00 like this.
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

insults?

No Worries likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They can't even make original insults.

Idiot followers

17. Fantasma Negro

I don't know if voter fraud is more prevalent than we think but mail in ballots open the door for rampant fraud to take place. The election system is too problematic and vulnerable

Who knows how many times this has happened, from both sides, hell maybe Jill Stein was in on it too...

B@ffled likes this.
  18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Lol, I saw there was a hidden post from @KillGrandmaNow and I didn't remember ever putting such a poster on ignore.

Nook, No Worries and Blatz like this.
  19. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I'm still not clear on why both sides DON'T think mail in ballots are a good idea? The potential for corruption is obvious. Wouldn't this be something we would not want? The potential for corruption?

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member