1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2019 Draft/1-23] Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 25, 2019.

?

Do you like the selection of Tytus Howard?

Poll closed Sep 5, 2019.
  1. YES

54.6%
  2. NO

45.4%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I noticed that senior bowl thing also. Almost like seeing it live is worth more to them because the guy becomes "someone they know"

gucci888 likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

It's not the game as much as it is the practices and drills they get to watch/coach all week.

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

[​IMG]

Buck Turgidson and coachbadlee like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I just hope they are not throwing him out there too early.

red5rocket and raining threes like this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Can't imagine we've got much intel on how he is as an actual NFL player, so to me, this is either classic Pancakes being wrong, or it's the Texans coaching staff being hellbent on getting their first round guy to start at all costs.

Probably the staff, in my opinion.

coachbadlee and raining threes like this.
  7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't hate Pancakes as much as some, but he tends to throw out random suppositions and deductions as though they are insider information. He never indicates that his hunches and guesses are entirely his own. He makes it sound like maybe he has an inside source.

I don't know why anybody would put faith in that number. To me, this is pretty clearly a classic case of McClain playing connect the dots.

red5rocket and raining threes like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

I like how Pancakes transitions almost directly from "you don't go from San Diego State to starting in the NFL" to a guy from Alabama State being the Game 1 starter at LT.

9. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Tytus starting at LT against the Saints... I might suggest that Deshaun wear running shoes instead of cleats for this game. And bring back the Warren Moon flak jacket for the rib cage shots.

Our starting Left Tackle, ladies and gentlemen!

raining threes likes this.
  10. Nimo

Nimo Member

That tweet needs to be deleted before Deshaun sees it.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This was exactly the moment BoB knew who his 1st round pick would be.

12. vince

vince Member

This draft is going to show the prowess of this new front office. Last year they were super solid, and got great additions, even with no 1st or 2nd round picks.

I think that last years draft was beyond most people’s expectations. Obviously they are adding talented played, whom it seems they like.

And someone jumping in front of the team, isn’t your fault. For all we know, how many of these are bluffs just to eek out another pick in the draft.

13. raining threes

Getting jumped is their fault if they lose their guy.

Gotta be prepared to do what it takes to get your guy.

You know kinda like what the Eagles did.

coachbadlee likes this.
  14. raining threes

Maybe Cam Jordan will trip over Howard after Jordan knocks Howard on his a$$.

All night long on prime time TV.

Seriously this guy is going to be the starting LT 1st game of the season. LMAO

15. vince

vince Member

I think the offensive line is going to be vast improved; of course that’s not saying much considering how subpar of a unit it was last season.

Nonetheless, i think the Texans have guys they think they can work with to get it to at least average by the middle of the season. I think they might even have aspirations that it can become an elite unit within 2 or 3 seasons with some tinkering.

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I guess you forget to show the rep before that where he dominated Sweat? One bad play from the week....according to people there.

cmoak1982 and red5rocket like this.
  17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Show the rep before, where he dominated the DE. You can't take the only bad rep he had that week and blow it up.......because it is LAZY.

No Worries and red5rocket like this.
  18. raining threes

So you think a rookie from the SWAC isn't going to get dominated in his 1st game by an all pro DE?

I do think Howard will be much better by week six than he will be in week one.

Like I said before Howard looked OK but not special at the Sr Bowl and has room to grow. But it's going to be asking alot of him to go up against a guy like Jordan who is better than anybody he faced at the Sr Bowl week one. Good news is Howard will be better than Davenport week one.

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FWIW, Sweat absolutely demolished Andre Dillard by driving him into the QB knocking him back with a bull rush on a similar Senior Bowl rep.

20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

What he's saying is: everyone's overreacting to the one rep. Thinking just because he was beat on one rep, he's going to get done like that every down. Every scout in attendance said that was his lone bad rep. Just so happen, it was a really bad rep.

raining threes and rusHour like this.