1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 Astros Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by astros123, Oct 30, 2019.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

At times, we as fans are so caught up in the season and/or playoffs that we forget the beauty of the sport in itself. Win or lose tonight this team showed grit and determination all season long. This team has the chance tonight to become one of the few dynasty's in baseball history. Anyone here that questions their heart is a fkin loser. Baseball is such a fickle sport that we're blessed to even be in the position we are tonight. As a baseball fanatic, I know this season has truly brought me more joy then any other season (other then 2017).

Just wanted to share some positive energy and thoughts before tonight's game. I'll be sitting behind the Nats dugout screaming until I cant talk no more. Ultimately, im just grateful to be in a situation where we are today.

We win as a city or we lose as city. Theres no division here. We're ALL Astros fans at the end of the day.

itzIce, desihooper, JayGoogle and 3 others like this.
  2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This is the best era of Astros baseball. Whether they win or lose there probably will never be a team that is as good.

HTown2017Champs and Ubiquitin like this.
  3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

I will remember altuve's walk off forever.

gatsby likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

I'll appreciate them a **** ton more if they win tonight.

5. BleedsRocketRed

Same. If we win today that maybe forever the greatest Astro playoff moment. A win here will only magnify it’s historical significance unless some other play today takes its place.

6. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Agreed. Win or lose, its been an unforgettable season, with historic performances throughout from our guys.

7. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Appreciate these nutz, bunch of choking losers

javal_lon likes this.
  8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Lol

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Yep they just lost 2/3rds of the black bandwagoners... Lmao

10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I do appreciate how great this team was, but they choked in the biggest series of the year. I know in baseball, the postseason can be unpredictable, but they just became the first team in any major professional sports league to lose all four games at home in a seven-game series.

This will be the longest offseason for anyone affiliated with the organization.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hard to agree with OP's point.

I'm definitely a bandwagoner, as I don't follow baseball at all. But it's hard to see positives when: 1) you're at home. 2) you're extremely favored to win. 3) you had all the momentum in the world, and were on the way to victory.

Again, I don't follow baseball. But it seems like this team beat itself in game 7, and the Nationals basically took credit for it. Congrats to Washington, but I think we lost it more than they won it, tonight.

12. astros123

astros123 Member

For the Astros to lose every game at home is a massive choke. Theres no way they dont regress next season.

#12 astros123, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  13. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

A part of me was afraid this would happen, with all the hype surrounding our pitching acquisitions this season and the media coverage. Got to hand it the Nats though, I've never seen a team get this hot and literally hit everything that was thrown at them.

14. Texanstradamus

This team accomplished nothing main goal was a championship everything else is meaningless

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, you should have stopped there and hit back and just celebrated the Rockets victory.

16. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

At least you guys live in Houston so you'll be with fellow Astros fans. I work with Yankees fans, people who aren't baseball fans and they all know I'm a Astros fan so they'll rub it in. :(

17. Homey the Clown

The goal was to win the WS. They were the best team all season. They failed. Season was a failure.
    I work with Tigers fans. As Detroit sports fans, they're always miserable.

punkoholic and astros123 like this.
  18. astros123

astros123 Member

The season was a failure and i expect major regression next year. This hurts really bad.

Homey the Clown likes this.
  19. raining threes

Luhnow did all he could do

Sometimes things just dont work out.

This was a great team though.

20. smp

smp Member

And white ones like me. Haha

I’ll be back if they make it to the ALCS again. The season is just too long and baseball is so slow.

I finally figured out what I don’t like about it tonight. I don’t like that the defense can’t score. You have to sit there and watch half an inning while your team has no chance to do anything about being behind.

Basketball and football are the best sports for short attention span people like me. Then soccer. And a far distant 4th is baseball.

That said, playoff baseball is intense and it was fun to watch. I’ll always get hyped for Houston teams. Hopefully the Astros try to take it back again.