1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019/2020 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 11, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

awww yyyiiieeeeeeuuuuuhhhh boooooooooiiiiiiyyyyyyy!!!!

this is is finally elefsee's year!

i really thought we were gonna get it during gerrard/torres years.we all knew the suarez years wasn't gonna win it no matter how close we got, because that team sucked.

is this the strongest elefsee team in history? how does it compare with the king kenny teams of the past?

Yung-T likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hey Championship, welcome to maaaaaiiii gaaaaiiiisss.

ClutchCity3, Yung-T and Jontro like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. Raz

Raz Member

So Sané joins our 100 Bundesliga goals Offense around Lewandowski, Müller, Gnabry and Coman. Good luck defending that.

EDIT: If that's true, it's a gigantic fleece job by Bayern officials.

#465 Raz, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Yung-T and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Wish we could have gotten Hakimi and Havertz as well. But am pretty satisfied otherwise. Priority should be to keep Alaba now.

Yung-T and Raz like this.
  7. Raz

Raz Member

Don't think Hakimi is good enough for Bayern. Pavard is doing a fantastic job on the same position, way better than Hakimi. Guess we're rather going for a young guy like Dest, or maybe Flick plans to play Kouassi on the wing for now.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Raz and AroundTheWorld like this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Look out here comes Man United baby !!!

DD

#469 DaDakota, Jul 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    daywalker02 likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The only club you've rooted for?

Sure have an easy schedule at the finish line.

#470 daywalker02, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

VAR is driving me insane.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That was a bad call. Plus, if you're going to make that call, you have to make the one where he was fouled. At the least, should've been a free kick for Spurs at that spot.

Though it didn't matter in the end as the Spurs were doing their Spursy thing. It's strange how there's really no middle ground with them. They're either very good or just terrible.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yung-T likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, I have rooted for them for more than 30 years - I lived in Manchester and the company I worked for had season tickets there, so I went to tons of games.....

Big Man U fan, I also follow US players like when Dempsey was at Fulham, or McBride, or Pulisic at Chelsea - like to see them do well, but MAN UNITED TILL I DIE.....and I for one, love Ole!

DD

Yung-T and daywalker02 like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

BTW Gawd darn it, Pep, you devil, destroying Pool in a useless statement game, absolutely bewildering.

Yung-T and JumpMan like this.
  16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Sounds like Rummenigge just admitted that Thiago&Alaba will leave and Bayern is now only trying to sell them for a fair amount.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pretty insane playmaking for both Manchester teams. Bruno is like KDB.

19. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

SO ATW, Yung, and the other Bayern fans, at this point Davies isn't going to play anywhere else but left back right? Because I thought it was just a stop gap while they had to move Alaba to the center but with the way he has held down LB and the addition of Sane, I'm guessing they wont bother trying to move him back to his original position? Will they even try to sign an actual left back or just keep Davies there knowing if anything happens they can just put Alaba back in at left back?

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He's been mostly playing LB this season and did brilliant in most matches, but we also had him on the wing during the final games of the season occasionally in-game.

Hernandez hasn't cemented himself as a CB yet and now with Kouassi coming it will be difficult for Hernandez to replace the CB trio (Süle, Boa, Kouassi). He played as LB for France and sometimes for us, so he'd probably be the main rotation for these two positions.

The Alaba situation is difficult, him and Thiago are likely leaving this summer (Thiago like 99%, Alaba still not entirely sure but a tendency) and we are looking for suitors.

Alaba is replaceable imo (Davies, Hernandez, Kouassi, Süle, Boa, Pavard all are more than decent), but Thiago would be extremely difficult to replace, as his position (intelligent 6 that can dictate the offense with passing&vision) is rather rare in modern football.

The main transfer targets for now are a new RB (Dest from Ajax or Dodo from Donezk in negotiations with us) and a central mid (as Thiago replacement and also because it seems Havertz is preferring Chelsea and Real).

ferrari77 likes this.