1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2018] Houston drivers are getting worse...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

Let's get it together people.

Things I see on a daily basis:
    1. not using their blinkers. at all. i am just supposed to know you are slowly drifting in to my lane on purpose..or by accident because you are on your phone.
    2. not using headlights in the evening. these are newer cars. why isn't it on auto!??
    3. hogging the left lane. i gave up on this battle a few years ago and just drive in the middle or right lane now.
    4. driving 5-20 mph below speed limit with no regards for traffic flow so now everyone has to make a lane change. i observe this more on highways with more lanes like i-10. apparently it's pick your own speed highway.
    5. what's with people coming over to the straight lanes before they make a left turn at an intersection? you don't drive a freaking 18 wheeler. just turn left.
    6. ahh i give up. too many to list.

2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

It is in-car cell phone usage that is causing the majority of these issues.

The no-turn signal drives me absolutely crazy...not so much when it has to do with changing lanes (in fact in Houston you have to wait until the very last second to use your turn-signal when changing lanes or the cars will speed up and not let you in) but when people make right or left hand turns. I've almost rear-ended tons of people who simply won't use them when turning. Drives me nuts...how hard is it to physically lift your ****ing finger upwards to activate the turn signal...it doesn't even require effort!

Roc Paint and Sajan like this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

What are your thoughts on cauliflower?

BigShasta likes this.
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I get triggered when I see someone holding their phone to their ear while driving 15 mph below the speed limit in the left lane in their 2017 Hyundai. Every car made after 2008 basically has Bluetooth built into the car. Use it, jackass!!

Sajan likes this.
  5. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

What difference does it make if they’re on the phone or using Bluetooth? They’re basically equally limited/distracted.

buffalobills!!! and Sajan like this.
  6. body slam

body slam Member

Not using the head lights is a problem but I notice more people driving with their high beams on.

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

With phone in one hand, less likely to use signals.

8. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Flea Market HIDs

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't use my blinker anymore, people just speed up to keep you out of the lane, lulz. You've gotta TAKE WHAT'S YOURS out there nowadays. The rest of the people don't even notice the blinker because they're texting.

BigShasta, A_3PO and snowconeman22 like this.
  10. Sajan

Sajan Member

Ah yes good one.

Worse than those lifted pick ups and after market HIDs

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

You can still use it at the last sec.
    You don’t need to telegraph it from miles away.

12. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Yeah, I'm always getting into wrecks when talking to the passenger next to me.

13. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Sajan and Jugdish like this.
  14. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Why do people in Houston make double left turn lanes, when only one lane is marked turn left? I've seen people get into accidents doing this.

jsingles likes this.
  15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

This is a ****ing atrocious problem in Colorado. I'd say 45% of drivers here drive with their high beams on in the city, makes me want to murder people. Plus everyone drives 15 miles under the speed limit at all times.

Sajan likes this.
  17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Someone staring at their phone going well below the speed limit is my trigger. Just one of these assholes can cause traffic but unfortunately you’re probably talking about a very conservative 1 out of every 20 drivers.

I don’t bother with signals when changing lanes. It’s not helping anyone and you’ll just cause the other person to speed up anyways.You have to signal when making a turn however.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

One of my favorite things is when I have PLENTY of room to move over, so I put on my blinker and then start moving over. But once I put my blinker on, the car in the lane I'm moving to slams on their gas so I can't get over - but I still go anyway cuz suck my d*** - and then that person honks at me in a rage because they have to hit their brakes.

Makes my brain hurt from the WHY???? thoughts that go through my head.

19. theimpossibles1

I always find it funny when a car seems perfectly content to go one speed for miles but then when you DARE to get in front of them they suddenly remember they want to drive faster.

Man, smitheygerard, jsingles and 2 others like this.
  20. MystikArkitect

Trying to cut into traffic on the freeway and stopping traffic completely until someone lets you in.

610/59 heading to Galleria, 59 @ Spur, i-10 lane to get onto freeway after Hwy 6, I-10 and 610 west are the worst for this.