1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018 draft sleepers

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Normalus, Mar 2, 2018.

1. ball king23

ball king23 Member

new guy here for that 46th pick

Jarred Vanderbilt

D-rock likes this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Shake Milton

HTown_TMac and Jpripper88 like this.
  3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Trae Young to Curry comparisons are complete nonsense IMO. I remember Curry in college and they aren't as similar as people think. There is a decent chance Trae Young is a worthless NBA player.

4. ball king23

ball king23 Member

i would stick with devonte graham or i would go with deanothony thomas or malik newman

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

What are the differences? I only remember Curry from his tourney run.

Trae seems a little less disciplined perhaps, but then again he played in the Big 12, as a freshman, where there was so much attention on him after the first month... and his team wasn't that good...

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Better than Zhou Qi??

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Steph was a far superior passer, had floor vision, his handles were better and he was 10 times smarter.

For the sake of his basketball development, Trae Young should have stayed in college another year. The grind of the long NBA season won't be kind to him at all.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

How the mighty have fallen. Touted as a lottery player before all his foot injuries, injured 3 out of 4 seasons at Kentucky. Vanderbilt was supposed to be the next Ben Simmons, 6'9 point forward.

But this kid works his ace of on both ends of the floor, can defend positions 1-5, insane on boards - more than 18 per 40 and playmaking is still impressive for size. Injuries and lack of offense 2 feet from rim is his biggest obstacles.

Morey should buy a couple of 2nd rounders, there is a lot of value in this 2nd round - Grayson, Jackson, Vanderbuilt.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

7'1 height better than 6'9 height and 7'7 wingspan better than 7'2 wingspan.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not if he's still growing. Plus he looks to be more athletic, with handles and 3 point range.

12. fattz

fattz Member

Devonte Graham is like vanilla ice cream nothing super special but really good and he should be solid role player. He should make the team and that is the goal. The biggest knock him is his age. He will be a career back-up point with out side shooting plus he is able to play off the ball as well. He will never be an all star but he could be a Rocket for while by just playing solid ball. He stats are as good as they could be because he was asked to do to much at Kansas. His role here would fit his skill set.

A second round pick that makes the team is a sleeper.

13. ball king23

ball king23 Member

would you rather take a pg like Devonte graham or travon duval or wait until the free agency and get a pg which is not good or get a C like Deandre Jordan which I would rather have in the middle

fattz likes this.
  14. fattz

fattz Member

Your right we can just sign one of the undrafted guards there are more guards (at this level) then draft spots. They are all about the same just think D Graham is solid and skill set fits the team but there is a chance he goes undrafted anyway.

15. basketballholic

This video is mostly useless. Can't really tell anything from it. He's playing nobodies in a pickup game.

His jumper is ugly but interesting. Could be developed into something.....or not. Difficult to tell anything about his handle. He did have some moves but will that translate to real ball?

You simply can't draw much conclusions, either good or bad, from this video. Might as well be looking at a blank screen.

16. ball king23

ball king23 Member

17. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Would be happy with

Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk
    Keita Bates-Diop

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Maybe this one will help clear things up a little more.

I don't expect him to be the next Greek freak, just maybe as good as his brother if not better.

19. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

I think the second half the year, oklahoma being not that good was alot on him. He took horrible shots and was trying to force everything turning it over like a machine. Watching him vs Texas twice, he was pretty much the reason they lost those games down the stretch. Just horrible decisions

#79 Gorilladunks, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  20. basketballholic

Still not much take away.

I will say I like the way he looks inside. And he finishes well in space. And I like his motor. But that's not enough. He's still playing against kids in this video. Can't tell much about his skill set and how it will translate.