1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018 CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by leroy, Nov 13, 2015.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You guys laid down - well done, we bailed your asses out 4 years ago, and you guys decided to just spit in the USA's eye.....can't say I blame ya...but laying down....is laying down.

DD

ferrari77 likes this.
  2. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

**** Bruce Arena. I left the USMNT alone a few days, but after thinking about it again, it's entirely Arena's fault. The players suck, but they don't suck more than the players in the rest of the region (besides Costa Rica and Mexico). His personnel and tactical decisions were downright disastrous and possibly incomparable. Omar Gonzalez over Geoff Cameron. Are you ****ing kidding me? Arena played the players he was comfortable with or personally liked instead of putting the best eleven on the field. And he will forever be disgraced because of it.

Torn n Frayed and noscrusir like this.
  3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

There's a lot of blame to go around. Don't forget Klinsmann got them in a bad spot early on. Arena came on and he finished the job in a horrible way.
    Arena decided to taint his legacy by coming back. Both managers sucked plain and simple.
    That's also the problem with managers who stay biasesd towards their favourites. (I know it's tough for a lot of managers/coaches to be objective and not play favourites)
    Omar isn't a bad player. He's a good defender and he wouldn't be getting time in Liga MX if he wasn't. Cameron hasn't been spotless every single time he's been on the pitch. But yeah, he should have played Cameron.
    Arena shouldn't even be allowed near a microphone right now because he keeps talking and saying ridiculous things. He should just stfu right now and stay in the background. I think he feels he is helping things by answering questions honestly but sometimes honest answers are still idiotic answers and that's what Arena has been giving.

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Agree with everything but you didn't include scouting. Scouting is a HUGE failure on all levels of US Soccer. From the national teams to the league. MLS scouting has been a joke since its inception.(along with the coaching in MLS w/the exception of one or two decent coaches).
    Scouting and coaching, scouting and coaching.

5. DaDakota

Did you guys see what Bedoya said?

"For me to be on the bench and not take part of this game in a do-or-die situation, it really sucked," Bedoya said. "There was a lot of emotions: anger, disappointment, disgust. I was pissed I wasn't part of it, obviously, with my competitiveness and being a passionate guy.

"You can say whatever you want -- I'm not the most skillful, not the guy that's going to do stepovers, go one-vs-one. But for me sitting on the bench, watching the guys not really getting stuck in and that I didn't feel that proper energy out on the field -- we were kind of complacent. It was lethargic. We got ourselves in a bad situation and paid the price for it.

"We let our country down, we let our teammates down, we let our families down, and we let ourselves down," Bedoya said. "It's an utter disappointment. The first half was pretty embarrassing."

http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/...nterest-in-overseeing-another-world-cup-cycle

NO HEART !!!!

DD

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It was really shocking the way they came out to start.. You would expect them to come in trying to take someone's head off. Professional athletes playing too cool for the competition is really annoying.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I was actually writing another post that went into that. You're right. It's a huge problem, too. It's not like the MLS teams have to have scouts in every town. If there were better communication systems set up between the local clubs, state associations, the MLS and US Soccer, they could better find these players. With the RGV associate of the Dynamo, they have some feet on the ground in a historically overlooked area. But I haven't seen much of anything come out of the Valley. Why is that? What are they focusing on?

Did you know that there wasn't a professional coaching license offered by USSF until THIS YEAR? It's a new thing in the US. There's been professional soccer in this country in some form or fashion since the 1960's...and only now is there a program to train coaches for it.

ramotadab and ferrari77 like this.
  8. DaDakota

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Klinsmann actually beat T&T. Mexico and Costa Rica just have better teams.

The fact is that the USMNT just isn't that good. It's Pulisic, Yedlin and old trash.

Yung-T, ramotadab and noscrusir like this.
  10. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. leroy

Well, some hope for the future on this morning. USMNT U-17s whipping Paraguay 5-0 in the Round of 16 of the U17 World Cup. Paraguay had won their group with the full 9 points. We'll play the winner of England and Japan on 10/21 in the quarterfinals.

Tim Weah (recent PSG signee and son of former Ballon D'Or winner George Weah) has a hat trick on the evening.

Yung-T and DreamShook like this.
  13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Y'all lost to the WORST team in CONCACAF Qualifiers... wait, no, statistically, the worst team in the entire world in the last qualifier round... and...:eek: you're blaming another team for your futility? Cry me a river, DaDa. [plays violin] :D

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They lost to the B team of the worst CONCACAF team.

SwoLy-D likes this.
  15. leroy

To be fair, T&T, even with their B team, isn't the worst team in CONCACAF by a long way. This isn't like Europe where everyone is in until the end. The Hex is the 3rd round after eliminating those that are the worst of CONCACAF.

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

They WERE in the Hex for a reason or another, so they were much better than all those eliminated before them. They didn't have an easy trip to the hex, either, but even then, they were able to tie with USA at home. Not an easy feat. You can't argue that. :cool:

EDIT: I said "in the HEX"... I didn't say in the entire CONCACAF.

#516 SwoLy-D, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

So, how about the NIT world cup? O

USA, italy, Netherlands, So on

ramotadab likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

There have indeed been talks to make this happen, details to follow.
    Could be a fun tournament.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No interest from our Dutch brehs?

I will be watching if that happens.