1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018/2019 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Heh, season keeps on giving.

2. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

Well we all know that sometimes things get worse before they get better.

i dont follow German football much and most of my knowledge about that come from friends and from pepole in this forum and i can tell you that everybody including you warned that a change has to come and all i can say is that i'm really hoping that a change would come.

So my question would be is there a chance for a change or the current people has to go if we want things to really change.

3. TricePaige

TricePaige Member

I hear a roar

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So Independent and other British media (Edit: Goal and Spox also saying they have exclusive info he'll sign) saying we pretty much won the race for Ramsey and he's expected to sign soon, contract expires after the season so he'd be free to sign. There's been rumors about this for weeks now, so it isn't out of nowhere.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...rn-munich-liverpool-chelsea-fc-a8634646.htmll

Not sure what this means going forward, a possible sign of James or Thiago leaving (or Müller?)

#604 Yung-T, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Hoeneß said there'll be a lot of changes next summer and every Bayern player is being watched very closely to see whether they are good enough to stay at the club, so I think they finally understood things need to change drastically.

That being said, the front office has been too satisfied with themselves for a long time now and also haven't been up to today's standards when it comes to developing a cohesive strategy regarding transfers, coaches and a playing style that starts from the youth team on, similar to how Barca do it with La Masia.
    The silver lining is that Hoeneß recently said he'll only stay for 2-3 more years and would leave even after this season if they found the right successor, the days of him clinging to power are over. In the end this club means everything to him and I think he realizes he didn't make the best decisions since coming back from jail.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

i must not be keeping up with sports in general, but when did claudio ranieri get sacked from leicester? found out today he's the head of fulham?

wat

7. Fantasma Negro

Gutted for this guy. He'd accepted his role and was playing great. I know his time with Arsenal is probably over but just like Ox and Walcott I'll continue to cheer for this guy no matter what colors he's wearing

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ranieri was going to pop your wat.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

They had an abysmal start after their league title and were last place at one point. They had shitty performances for several games and he lost the trust of the board, so got quickly axed.

10. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

Got it.

I'm hoping for you and for the football world that changes will come.

So should we expect some interesting move in summer transfer window?.

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Wow we actually beat France. And it was a deserved victory. I really did not expect our team to be this good so fast. On top of that it is a team of all young players with room to grow. We do need a great striker.

All we need is a draw against Germany..

Yung-T likes this.
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Germany is already relegated because of your victory. :(
    Future surely looks bright for your team, hope Löw can pull something similar off and implement a new generation of talents.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Hoeneß has now on two occasions said that they'll change the team a lot next summer and are evaluating every current player on the team.
    Sounds like we'll see a lot of vets leaving the team, Ribery and Robben are nearly 100% gone. Other candidates are James (he's apparently dissatisfied and b****ing a lot), Boateng, Hummels, Rafinha, Thiago and Müller.

The future belongs to a core of Alaba, Kimmich, Süle, Goretzka, Coman, Gnabry, Davies and Sanches, I can also see Lewandowski staying, as bosses were not taking **** from his agent.

What transfers do we need to strengthen the team? A world class winger, maybe a playmaker or central midfielder if James or Müller leave (see the Ramsey rumors), at least one central back (Pavard apparently already agreed to a deal, plus de Ligt rumors), a full back to replace Rafinha and Bernat. A prospect striker to grow behind Lewandowski needs to be looked at as well.

Gdaliya likes this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Sadly, I think the opposite is very much true.

15. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

Firstly i really like Coman.

It looks like a good young core, isn't Pavard a full back though?.

You say a world class winger, Bayern will be willing to pay the big price of today's market?.

I'm not familiar with the youth teams of Bayern but dont you have any home grown prospects their?.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Pavard is a center back for his club and played as a full back for the French team due to their lack of better options.

Regarding your price question, Rummenigge and Hoeneß have stated the change in today's market and said they are now willing to pay 100mil for a player, if said player is worth it. Before this season, Hoeneß revealed the reason why we wanted to unload several vets (Boateng, Bernat, Vidal and possibly Thiago) is due to the next summer transfer window and the willingness to spend a lot in order to improve the team.

Youth situation is tricky. On one hand, several of our youth squads won league titles last season, but the actual 2nd team is a tad worse and has less talent. So it will take a bit of time til the younger prospects who won titles are mature enough to play for Bayern's first squad.

There are several good prospects and especially Oliver Batista-Meier is recognized as one of the most promising prospects in world football. He's had terrible luck with injuries this season and has been out for most of the year unfortunately, so we'll have to see how quickly he can come bounce back from that.

Other youth players like Shabani (playmaker), Jeong (winger) and Mai (CB) have shown flashes of greatness but it's not clear whether they have what it takes to play for our first squad. Seeing how shitty Ribery, Robben, Boateng and Hummels have been playing for most of the season, I'd honestly prefer if we gave them minutes instead and placed second in the league.

17. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

Yea, i'm one of those people that had really limited knowledge of Pavard before the world cup.

Well i'm happy to hear that they are ready to spend big amounts, it looks like you gonna have a busy summer.

Good job keeping tabs on the youths league, only times i was keeping up with Belgian youth leauges were when my friends used to play.
    I'll remember the name Oliver Batista-Meier.

I do agree with your last point about playing youngsters and i hope to see some of the players you mentioned getting some playing time this years.

18. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Well that is not going as we wanted... 2-0.. Oh well at least we stay in this group. And get an easier qualification group.

19. Raz

Raz Member

If only Löw got his **** together earlier, we could've avoided so much trouble.

Yung-T likes this.
  20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Still baffling how he dismantled the Confed Cup winning squad and kept trusting an old XI that hadn't delivered for more than a year at that point.