1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018/2019 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 1, 2018.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Why not Zidane?

3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I don't believe he speaks any English. Maybe he is learning like Allegri or like Pep learned German before going to Bayern.
    Either way it wouldn't be smart for him to come in at this point I think. I would think a top manager like him, or Conte or whomever would want to wait until the end of the season so they can have the summer to bring in the players they want and then have pre-season to implement their style.
    Right now for United the goal is just to stabilize the ship and finish in one of the European spots on the table.
    Thats why I think it'll be a caretaker manager for the rest of the season after Mourinho is sacked.

But who knows, it's all a crapfest right now at United. :(

Yung-T likes this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

hope mou gets sacked and goes to manage in china so we don't have to be reminded of his existence ever again. maybe he can take steve kerr as his assistant too.

Yung-T and ferrari77 like this.
  5. ferrari77

CR7 is in serious trouble because Spiegel aren't backing down and they've published even more details and it does not look good for CR7.
    At this rate no more US vacays for him and no Miami MLS team for him in the future. Gonna go finish his career in China or UAE instead.

Really in-depth story and research by Der Spiegel in here
    http://www.spiegel.de/international...an-who-accuses-ronaldo-of-rape-a-1230634.html

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Even Mourinho would be sacked in China if he can't park the bus right and get goals.

I think 15-20 games without winning much would get him fired in the Chinese Super league - life is tough.

Better job security in Quatar or Saudi Arabia or UAE.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

or send him to the malaysian league.

Yung-T and daywalker02 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Johor.

Jontro and Yung-T like this.
  9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'll say their sports investigations are still elite, Buschmann is doing a great job and especially Football Leaks is showing their abundance of inside sources.

Politics are indeed a different game, hard to find any really decent German paper.

Raz likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ronaldo is like Roman Polanski of football, except he is not a known pedo bear.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

*not yet*

12. leroy

I'd rather he took Steve Nash with him so that we don't have to hear is commentary for CL games on TNT.

I think there is some benefit to him coming in now. Has some game action and Champions League action to see where he's at and then the January window to start building. I don't think they have a talent problem (except maybe on the back line). I think he (or anyone else) just needs to come in and put the players in positions to succeed instead of idiotic moves like starting McTominay in the back and leaving Fred on the bench.

I never want to hope for more losses...but my fandom would be a lot more comfortable without Morinho and Bill O'Brien around.

13. Raz

Raz Member

Here's an additional thread by one of the editors with some background.

Indeed doesn't look good for him. Could be intereseting to see how fans react on him now, but since he got away with massive tax evasion, I'm afraid there will be no consequences. Football fans aren't better than that, unfortunately.

Yung-T likes this.
  14. ferrari77

The most annoying thing about both ....is that the two of them just got contract extensions this year!

[​IMG]

ramotadab likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So near Kobe level?

16. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Yeah except I don't think they're gonna find a semen milkshake in her panties. Florentino is a ******* genius by the way.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Legendary Persie. :D

ramotadab likes this.
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

His fans will deny it to death and say she's lying or that evidence is fake, you know how these people think. These guys worship the likes of Ronaldo and Messi to death and have them as their social media avatars and title pics, their whole life revolves around it.

19. leroy

Are you watching the news in the US right now? I'd be curious to see if there's an intersection of trumplicans and Ronaldo fans to see who defends what.

20. Raz

Raz Member

Ofc, but opponent fans mostly left him alone the last couple of years, think he won a lot of respect with his latest appereances. That might change now, especially in Italy.