1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018/2019 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

I'm more rooting aginst France.
    Spain-Croatia should also be very interesting.
    Spain also got a lot of amendment to do after Russia and Croatia comes after there best international tournament.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just hope the key players won't be playing their hearts out and arrive at the clubs tired.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ajax extended the Neres contract til 2022, nice. One less target for Bayern, though.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. Raz

Raz Member

No goals between Germany and France. I'm ok with the result, Löw going for stability against France's quick counters was a good choice. Griezmann, Mbappé and later Dembelé didn't get a lot of space. Didn't see a lot of Pogba either. The German lineup with four center backs was hopefully a matchup decision, Ginter and Rüdiger are both practically useless with the ball, so we need better options at least against lower level teams. All in all I think our defense won't be a problem in the coming months and years, but not scoring again shows that we suddenly lack offensive power. Today it kinda was a consequence of the defensive lineup, but we saw these issues before in Russia especially against Mexico and Korea, so Löw has to find a way to revitalise the goal-scoring section.
    Sané won't be a part of the solution. Played just a few minutes but demonstrated once again why Löw didn't choose him. Zero vision for his teammates. Also didn't like Kroos, delayed the tempo multiple times, slow with his mind and his feet in a lot of situations. Werner clearly showed that he's at his best as a winger, Löw shouldn't play him in the middle anymore. Hummels, Müller and Kimmich did quite well, France's best players were Areola and Pavard. France now has the edge in the run for the top spot, but let's see how the Dutch will do.

Yung-T likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

I'm not sure what to think about the Nation's league and the level of competitiveness but Belguim looks very good vs Iceland.
    It's also very nice to see new young faces in the national team.

8. Raz

Raz Member

Iceland lost 6-0 against Switzerland, guess they need their dentist coach back asap.
    Also, Croatia down 3-0 at halftime versus Spain. That's some of the usual World Cup aftermath.

9. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

I didn't follow the last couple of days so i had no idea about that Iceland lost.
    I do agree with you that it's seems like a usual World Cup aftemath(hence my question about the level of competition) but i like what i see from Belgium in terms of style and level and a win is a win.

I won't comment about that Croatia-Spain game beacuse i haven't watch a single second of it.

I'm just waiting for team football to come back, can't wait for the Champions leauge to start.

10. Raz

Raz Member

Damn... Spain beats Croatia 6-0. Didn't watch it either, but... damn!

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah and Croatia finished better at the WC. It evens itself out. Should have done better there without a coaching change.

#351 daywalker02, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

14. Raz

Raz Member

Funny thing is, Neuer didn't have anything to do the rest of the game. Never noticed him in the 2nd half. Easy win, Leverkusen embarrassing, not even trying.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

eden hazard is on his game this season. Could be his best season of his career.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Tolisso confirmed ligament tear, operation tomorrow and out for months. :(

Rafinha with a minor tear and will miss several weeks, all of this blows.

Just disgusting how opponents have no balls and settle for a defensive Rambo style vs Bayern, no wonder these clubs suck in Euro competitions. And Herrlich ist a b****, has the 2nd best offense on paper but plays that crap.

17. Raz

Raz Member

Injury season starts early this year. Feel bad for Tolisso, played great yesterday, this could've been his year. Hopefully he's back in March/April. Rafinha is not my favorite player on the team, but he's still a solid, most of the time reliable force for several positions. Now that Bernat is gone, Rafinha's absence causes a huge risk, we only have Alaba and Kimmich left for the defensive wings.

18. Raz

Raz Member

Back tomorrow. Hype!

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Too bad you have to rely on DAZN and Sky, but at least DAZN is relatively cheap and has an insane amount of games (all EL games and most CL games).
    ARD and ZDF are a joke, guess they need the money to fund their shitty German movies, Musikantenstadl and soap operas.

AroundTheWorld and Raz like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dun forget the Lindenstrasse - Linden Road.

Yung-T likes this.