1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018-2019 Clutchfans Fantasy Footy Draft Board

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketball, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Alright guys, the league is set up through ESPN at the following address:

http://games.espn.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=986297&seasonId=2018

I do need for everyone to make sure they can log into the league. If you cannot get in to the website, please let me know. Once you get on the site, please make sure all the settings are correct, in particular, the scoring for our league - to make sure I there are no mistakes.

The draft order has been set, here is the draft order:

1 - @moestavern19
    2 - @Rocketball
    3 - @Ziggy
    4 - @fadeaway
    5 - @chrisjent
    6 - @PhiSlammaJamma
    7 - @Mikeylu
    8 - @Pete Chilcutt (Pete hasn’t confirmed, so I will pick for him till we hear from him)
    9 - @Rockets34Legend
    10 - @SamCassell

Draft Information:

We will be doing the same thing we did last year, so we will be keeping with our tradition of a slow draft - however as you know, ESPN site does not have that as an option. The whole draft will take place on this forum and once completed, I will enter the picks into the ESPN site. This worked last time, so we need everyone to stay on top of it. As I mentioned, we are starting a little late, so need everyone to stay on top of it, send lists if need be, but we need this draft to move swiftly if we want to complete it on time.

Draft start date: Thursday, August 23rd at 5AM CDT

Draft type - Slow draft/Snake draft done through the BBS as well we will record everything again on the Google Sheets (everyone should be able to enter their own, remember there are two tabs, one for the draft order and the other for list taken by position) - same link we used last season.

Pick time - This is a normal draft with 6 hours set between picks for first 4 rounds, then it will move to four hours.

Starting lineup - QB, RB, WR, TE, K, 3 RB-WR-TE, DE, LB, DB, 2 DP

Draft Timer - We will use the BBS post times, once the time has expired, if a pick is not made, the next person is free to make their pick and that person is off the board - pick missed can be made at anytime. For example, if a person makes a pick at 10AM, in round 2, at 4PM if they haven't made their pick, the next person is now on the clock and can make their pick.

Draft Board-https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TEKQJRZaH8TtCUHG2juHKHUGyQqzbx-pV5XGjETE7Kc/edit#gid=0

Posting Pick: When you list your pick, please put the following information: players full name (no nick name), player position, player team - then post who is on the clock next. In addition, post on the draft board if you can - both tabs, the selection tab and position tab, so people can see who has been selected already and not make duplicates and miss their pick.

Any questions / concerns, let me know.

#1 Rocketball, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I pick Todd Gurley. RB. LA Rams.

3. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Somebody was a little premature and got excited to make his pick, but I like the start.... Great job!!!!

I guess I will pick now as I am about to get on a 3 hour flight and we all know how Zigs loves to play this draft as he dusts off and unsticks his 1998 Playgirl Fantasy NFL Cheatsheet...........

I will go with L. Bell, RB, PIT......

Zigerator @Ziggy you up......

#3 Rocketball, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  4. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Are we really starting off like this, Moe got us all excited about everything... then we come crashing down again by @Ziggy ...

5. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ziggy told me he's taking Derrius Guice.

NEXT.

7. Rocketball

Supporting Member

In a few minutes I am going to just pick for him as I don’t want to skip anyone...

I’m sure he’ll log on shortly trying say he has a life or something like that, but we need to get this going if we want to have any chance to finish...

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Tastemaker
    Supporting Member

Just logged in. No idea we started. Let me catch up real quick.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy Tastemaker
    Supporting Member

Give me datboi ZEKE. @fadeaway is up, he told me he wanted JJ Watt.

10. Rocketball

Supporting Member

He picks him every year six rounds before another DP is taken by anybody...

11. fadeaway

David Johnson, ARI, RB.

12. fadeaway

Wait... Watt was still on the board??? Damn, I need to start paying more attention. Oh well, too late now.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy Tastemaker
    Supporting Member

Better off with Watt. The new coach for Arizona is saying 12 snaps MAX for little Davey.

14. fadeaway

Oh no, really? Oh well, I guess that's it for me. Might as well just stop drafting now and call it quits.

15. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Zeke and D. Johnson back to back? Wtf just happened. Those were my first two picks last year and my crap team went 6-6. When I had those guys in 2016 they kicked ass, but that was 2 years ago. I wouldn't bet on either of them bouncing back to 2016 levels.

16. fadeaway

Yeah because bounceback seasons never happen in the nfl.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy Tastemaker
    Supporting Member

Guess he wont be taking Beckham.

18. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Probably not. But like I said wtf do I know, my team was crap last year. I think those are two high upside players who could bounce back, but imo Johnson just missed a whole year with a serious injury and Zeke's bounce back depends on a bet that the Cowboys offense as a whole looks more like they did in 2016, and less like they did in 2017. He wasn't nearly as effective in the 10 games he did play.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

And another timeout... We're off to our usual start.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy Tastemaker
    Supporting Member

The crying has begun.