1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BiGGieStuFF, Jan 3, 2017.

1. myco

myco Contributing Member

I preordered the Panda 2 XL 64GB. Expected delivery date: November 28-30 :(:mad::eek:o_O

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Mine is Nov 22. I have multiple years of experience buying a new phone from the Google store and usually those ship dates are very conservative estimates. Don't be suprised if it gets shipped like 2 weeks before that date.

myco likes this.
  3. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

dang. :confused: for future reference follow the live chat on droid-life's website. they are very good about postings pre-order links before they're accessible through the google store. also page monitor is your friend.

as a side note... bezel champs:

1. Essential phone - 84.9%

2. Galaxy S8+ - 84%

3. Galaxy S8 - 83.6%

4. Mi Mix - 83.6%

5. Galaxy Note8 - 83.2%

6. iPhone X - 82.9%

7. LG V30 - 81.2%

8. Mi Mix 2 - 80.8%

9. LG G6 - 78.6%

10. Pixel 2 XL - 76.4%

(Not to scale)

Invisible Fan, myco and ramotadab like this.
  4. OmegaSupreme

went ahead and ordered the pixel 2 xl black and white 128GB. will keep the essential phone as a backup. interested in seeing the updates for it in the next several months. it's already a very nice phone, but i talked myself into believing that only a serviceable camera would do. obviously not since i'm getting a pixel.

i've had more people ask me about this phone in person than any other nexus, pixel, samsung device that i've had in the past combined... so it's definitely a looker. customer service and major delays is the reason it hasn't caught on.

i just chalk this up as me wanting the latest and greatest... not that essential didn't create something that's pretty awesome.

fba34 likes this.
  5. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Hopefully Essential stays true to their word and improves the camera via the upcoming software updates. I know you know about the Pixel camera port, but did you try that or are you too lazy these days? =).

6. OmegaSupreme

too lazy, man. can't be bothered with side-loading apks and individually updating it separate from the playstore. from what i've seen the app is updated pretty often. just don't want to get back into that stuff.

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Nova Launcher (5.5 beta) has added the bottom search bar and use Another Widget for the calendar widget

[​IMG]

mikol13, fba34 and RedRedemption like this.
  8. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

any recommendation of a decent cheap phones around 200, 300 bucks? Need to get one for my kid.

9. BiGGieStuFF

The Amazon special on the Moto X4 looks like a good deal.

10. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

I have an iPhone 5c for sale.. cheap but good phone.

11. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

ZTE Axon M - dual screen phone

Idea is cool. Haven't been too enthusiastic with ZTE, although I was really close to buying an Axon last year. But this is truly innovative compared to what Apple, Samsung, or Google are doing

ramotadab likes this.
  12. BiGGieStuFF

Has anyone been suffering from really slow download speeds on T-Mobile lately?

RedRedemption likes this.
  13. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

whats the easiest and hassle free way to get rid of old phones when you're ready to upgrade just to re coup some money? i buy off contract so i dont think i'm eligible for any trade in programs i think one of the carriers offer.

also i've never used ebay...is there a site that i can go to that makes it super easy? some of the old phones i probably can't even sell at this point. think i have an old blackberry laying around somewhere.

ramotadab likes this.
  14. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Give swappa a try. The process is pretty straightforward.

15. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

There use to be a vending machine where you could sell your old phones in the Huntsville Walmart. Never used it though.

https://www.ecoatm.com/how-it-works/

16. myco

myco Contributing Member

Reading about some issues with the Pixel 2XL screen (e.g., blue tint, graininess, and now screen burn-in). Is anybody thinking about cancelling their pre-orders?

17. BiGGieStuFF

I'm not. I'm going to play around with it once I get it and if there is an official recall/replacement, I'll just submit a warranty claim

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Welp.

I'm praying Google delivers a quality phone with a quality display when they launch the Pixel 3 so I can convert. Been looking for a reason, but they haven't convinced me thus far.

19. OmegaSupreme

blue tint i'm not concerned about. there's videos of the original pixel xl doing it along with other phones. my essential phone does it. i look at my phone directly.

graininess and burn-in (after a short amount of time anyway) are deal-breakers however. if one or both of those happen, i'll rma.

20. BiGGieStuFF

How are you liking it so far? I didn't get any graininess on my panel. Blue tint is fine. Nothing I haven't seen on a screen before. The screen is 6" but it doesn't look or feel like 6". I was expecting something like the N6 but thankfully it's much easier to hold. Really happy they extended the warranty to 2 years.

side note: loaded 8.1 onto my original pixel XL. with the navigation buttons re-positioned, i'm seeing the burn in from the original buttons. You think I should RMA it?