1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 "Harden why u do dis" Breh Draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Yung-T, May 31, 2017.

1. i3artow i3aller

Yung-T, FTW, Daywalker

Also, Mac is clearly my starting PG for this club w/ Lavine backing him up. Not sure why you numbskulls set my lineup lol.

Coach: Brad Stevens
    Mcgrady/Lavine
    Petrovic/
    Orlando Wooldridge/JaylenBrown
    Kevin Garnett/DariusMiles
    Embiid/MylesTurner

Injury List - Oden

#1081 i3artow i3aller, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    RedNation, Yung-T and daywalker02 like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sorry I was putting Tmac at the 2 for you. That is fine.

3. i3artow i3aller

Oden is never seeing the court. KG and Turner can split those backup Center minutes easy.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

But you realize that in the Fantasy Draft you get the most healthy version of Oden don't you? Jus sayin.

5. i3artow i3aller

A healthy Greg Oden? That (oxy)moron can take a seat on the bench. In fact, he can stay home so he doesn't mess up the team chemistry. I'd rather have KG holding down the 5 at times with Turner spreading the floor from the 4 spot as we try and run teams out of the gym.

6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Yung and FTW

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

there s another one.

Jmc vs i3artow:

jmc
    Coach: Gregg Popovich
    Pg Mike Bibby/Eric Bledsoe
    Sg Dwayne Wade/ Byron Scott
    Sf Tayshuan Prince/Corey Maggette
    Pf Tim Duncan/ Donyell Marshall
    C Rudy Gobert/Jusuf Nurkic

i3artow:
    [​IMG]Coach: Brad Stevens
    Mcgrady/Lavine
    Petrovic/
    Orlando Wooldridge/JaylenBrown
    Kevin Garnett/DariusMiles
    Embiid/MylesTurner

Injury List - Oden

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

@Jmcballer88 hey, man did you vote on all matchups already?

Bulb vs Yung T

This is crucial.

#1088 daywalker02, Jun 22, 2017
  9. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

My bench could run the system though and the key person is jj redick as the sixth man. Redick and mj will be on the floor at the same time and there won't be any size mismatch as Bowen or Middleton is guarding them

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

4 votes were enough in prior drafts, we don't have to necessarily wait for my matchup.

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i doubt i ever talked about Shane Battier. To be clear, we didn't have a serious discussion. I just made a few jokes about how the other team had a player named "?" and he would beat your Jerry West. Those were jokes. I don't think that a player named "?" is better than Jerry West.

anyway, it seemed to get tense, so after a while I thought, this breh might come at me with a knife so i stopped talking. :p

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

yep i remember that trade idea, i liked it

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was in a few boot camps but knife boot camp wasn't one of them. I must disappoint and no harm done really.

The ? joke got lost on its way to me, didn't realize that player existed.

#1094 daywalker02, Jun 22, 2017
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Irony is you decide your own fate. I think you might turn this around but you could stop now or any time.

#1095 daywalker02, Jun 22, 2017
  16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

sounds like a good idea.

i prefer breh votes over a simulation. but naturally there's voting fatigue in every draft. if we don't have to vote for every matchup but just for some like an appeals court, maybe it even makes breh voting more active

Yung-T likes this.
  17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Maybe make the "appeal court" so that the two brehs have to describe how their team would play on both ends and deal with their matchup.

The voters then have to write at least two sentences explaining their vote.

DonatasFanboy likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The recent team I can think of are the Pistons of 2004. They were hard to score on but the Spurs eventually did. It took great execution.

I think Steve Kerr has been part of a great Offense team, sure Lwq breh selected tons of defensive players but there is a plan on Offense here.

I know you put much thinking into your team, I can't say Lwq did not.

You have good defensive players as well. You got the better defensive perimeter defenders and a big household name as a coach.

You just can't say you will score on him that much if he has Ibaka, Mutombo and Sabonis (who might not be in his prime but still one of the best Cs) waiting on the block for you.

He still got Bev, Hinrich, Jordan, Gerald Wallace as good to great defenders.

So it is a TIE. A gut feeling because if I had to put all stats down and everything that is too much time spent on it.

#1098 daywalker02, Jun 22, 2017
  19. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

Guess we can move on to round 2. I will have to do some thinking to tweak my lineup. Will be back in abit.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I mean to simply break it down to the easiest method: Jordan vs the guy who gave him the biggest problems in the playoffs (Payton) plus Bowen plus Christie.
    That's maybe 25ppg on mediocre shooting percentages, 30 on bad percentages. My whole team can focus on MJ, as the other guys aren't know to create for themselves.

Payton plus Lawson outscore Bev&Hinrich in dramatic fashion, it's not even debatable.

At SG, it's MJ&Redick vs Christie plus Jackson. I've already mentioned Jordan's struggles, Redick then also has to deal with my defenders.
    Jackson has averaged 20+ppg and outscored Redick easily.

At SF, it's Bowen (best defender) plus Middleton (legit 20+ppg guy) vs Gerald, who's not a true #2 option in this kind of draft plus Maxwell, who's also just a 3rd tier option.
    Again, I should outscore him easily if you take all of this into account.

At PF, it's the best scoring forward of all time (Bird) and Perkins vs Ibaka and Haslem, who are maybe 4th tier on offense.
    Again, if you don't see that position with a 20+ppt scoring advantage for me, you have to take a deep breath. You really don't see Bird scoring 35+ on them?

At C, it's Bynum and Murphy vs Mutombo and old Sabonis.

Do you really see defensive-minded Mutombo, who's maybe a 11ppg guy outscoring Bynum? Yes, Mutombo has the advantage on defense, but you really think he's even remotely good enough on offense to play out a legit scoring differential?

Then look at playmaking, where he only has MJ and a low tier Hinrich, while I have Payton, Bird, Lawson, Jax, Middleton etc.
    Huge advantage on me.

I honestly don't see how this is even close scoring-wise. Westbrook completely murdered Bev on offense, you think Payton won't as well? Bird won't absolutely rape Ibaka?
    I can legit focus all of my perimeter defense on MJ and the other 9 players of his team have never been viable scoring options. On my side, his only defensive advantage is Mutombo who can't outscore, how is this close in any way?

I just don't see it anyhow, that's basically Jordan vs the best perimeter defenders of all-time time supported by no scoring threat, vs Payton, Bird and at least three other 20+ppg guys.