1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 "Harden why u do dis" Breh Draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Yung-T, May 31, 2017.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

jk breh, let's do the brackets nao!

re 2 teams, i'm all for it.
    but maybe just like 5-8 players per team tho. or else the draft will take 3 months like the playoffs. besides i'm intrigued by the idea of trading with your own team. i can sacrifice one team and put all the good players in the other. win-win for jontro.

Yung-T likes this.
  2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think it's more that they simply don't know other players. I agree with you on International players, but I'd rather see them added to the pool than be the entire draft. Having guys like Teodosic, prime Sabonis, Diamantidis, etc would add a bit of spice.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Interwebs is a great thing to use for players you might heard of but not familiar with.

I vividly recollect when I was watching Dleague games for scouting on the Rockets players, it was fun as hell.

4. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I barely remember half the people we draft now. No way I can do euros or d league.

Yung-T likes this.
  5. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

I thought of that strafegy before but Not sure that's a good idea I am not against trading with your own team but that would ruin the fun and purpose of drafting Two teams if you only want all the strong players on one team.Maybe we willl have a rule to prohibit a trade between your own teams or maybe no superstar trades with your own team. Only roleplayers cause maybe we will need to fill up those positions we are lacking with roleplayers from our own teams. Just a thought.

I agree with you on the 8 players per team.

#945 lwqbulb, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    Yung-T likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ok. You have to define role players though. I am ok with also borderline Allstars without Accolades.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We will figure something out. You may learn a thing or two about new players. I never heard of Markelle Fultz couple of months ago.

8. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

That willl be okay. Can give it a try but I prefer to trade only roleplayers meaning those who are not all stars. It's up to the commish to decide. One thing that will be compliacated for this 2 team draft is the matchups where we will have to judge 20 teams at one go if we have 10 brehs

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Drafting will be the fun part IMO judging does not even come remotely close. Have it your way.

10. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

Yeah we willl have trouble when it comes to judging though. Not sure how we can make judging more fun?

11. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

i heard there is previous ideas of using 2k Sim to judge our roster but anyone has that system? That would take away us having to judge and let the system decide. I Guess 2k Sim is pretty accurate?

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

btw while we're at it, can we tweak the drafting position a bit for next time? brehs like me who hardly ever make it past the 1st round, can we be in the "lottery" much like in real nba drafts? the worst breh can get #1 pick and so on and so forth.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

i always thought that one of the brehs with 2k17 can tweak rosters with our players and the sim it best of 5.

14. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

That's a great idea! Since we always have the same brehs. The new comers won't be in the lottery then since they have to earn their keep. I agreed with this. Will need the commish to calculate the odds though.

15. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

then we should do that instead of judging and let the system decide .That's my opinion though.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you have the worst result, you are supposed to be among the Top 3.

Then we decide by voting who gets the Second and First pick.

17. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

How to decide who has the worst result though. For example if you have 10 brehs playing. There will be 5 breh who lost in the first round. The 5 breh should have equal chance to get the TOP 3 or TOP 5 picks?

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then it should be 5. Jontro gets a bag of chips.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Best thing would be a randomizer involving the top 3 (or 5) imo. And the brehs that didn't get the #1pick will have better odds next time.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Many legends aren't in the game unfortunately, so we'd have to stick to either current NBA or I make a list of legends that are in the game.