1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 draft sleepers

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 8, 2017.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Diego Flaccadori

Frail Italian Ginobili, who seems to have near current age Ginobili athletecism. Still a talented crafty scorer, decent 3ball and passing. Declared for the draft not sure if he will withdrawal. Might be worth buying a super late pick for.

Another guy who declared that looks interesting is Borisa Simanic. Again not sure what the chances are that these guys stay in, I'm guessing super low since they are nowhere on draft boards. Could be players who come up in the following years drafts though. The withdrawal date for international players is June 12th so we will see.

Not a lot of adult league videos of this guy since he's 19 but heres a video that has some nice clips of him hitting a couple of 3's, getting a block and finishing a lob. 6'11 3pt shooting PF. He's the one with the shaved head and acne.

And U18 scouting video.

#141 ThatBoyNick, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  2. basketballholic

Deadline for getting out of draft was last week.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Read on draft net that international withdrawal date is June 12th. The deadline for withdrawal last weak was for national players I believe.

Sooty likes this.
  4. basketballholic

Ok. Didn't realize there were two dates.

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

Tyler Lydon could be a steal in the 2nd.

6. fattz

fattz Member

Zack Collins at 10 (Kings) in most mock drafts --> "Brad Daughety like" would trade almost anything to pair with Harden. Clutch player in final 4. If he is 3/4 his hype = all-star

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm not sure why this guy isn't higher on draft boards??
    He's basically a Draymond comparison. Doesn't have Draymond length, though is "slightly" taller with a 6 inch advantage jump wise.
    Not sure how much this is his coach propping him up or what, but SMU's coach thinks he's as good defensively as offensively:
    https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/02/28/semi-ojeleye-smu-mustangs

He's was a 42% three point shooter on nearly 5 threes a game. 26 PER. 6 FTA/game. 63% true shooting %.
    Now... rebounding wasn't great. But SMU plays a lot of zone. And he's not the playmaker that Draymond was even in college.

Which might be why you used a Jae Crowder comparison more than a Draymond. Perhaps PJ Tucker is another comparison.
    Granted there's a pretty big difference between Green and Tucker... but even if he's a Tucker sooner rather than later that ain't bad.

8. Fantasma Negro

9. The Stig

The Stig Member

To answer your first question, he's not a one and done freshman and he's 23 years old (I think). I think defensively, he's similar to Draymond. Offensively, he didn't really do a lot of play making when he was playing for us. Thus, the offensive role he played at SMU is why I didn't compare Draymond to him. Not saying that Semi's not capable of doing it, everyone on the SMU squad has a high basketball IQ on both ends of the floor. The team was so shorthanded (damn you NCAA) that we have players playing multiple roles on the team (our 2 guard played 4 due to his athleticism).

A lot of SMU folks (myself included) believe that he was the best SMU player that Larry Brown has brought in during his 5 years at the Hilltop. We hope he gets selected in the first round as I think that shows how far the program has gone under Brown's tutelage.

basketballholic and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  10. ball king23

ball king23 Member

I would like to see houston rockets look at isaiah briscoe

11. basketballholic

Won't get drafted. Needs to get on a whole different level of commitment. Diet. Skills improvement. Got a nice handle. Super quick with it and good hesitation/restart moves. And he's also a plus passer. Really knows hot tusk find guys even in traffic and deliver the ball perfectly, lobs and corners.

But he's so heavy he's like an old time power guard. He's Raymond Felton without Felton's shooting ability. And he's already got weight trouble and he's barely out of his teens. Jumper, very inconsistent mechanics. Dresses the ball down to his shoulder a lot of times and shot-puts it.

He'll have to go to dleague or Europe, change his lifestyle, change his diet and workout routine and get his jumper fixed to have any chance at the NBA.

12. ball king23

ball king23 Member

i notice we worked out melo trimble xaiver rathen mayes artis isiah briscoe kamari murphy no og no josh heart and no semi workout kobi simmons or frank mason

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Damn that sucks. He looked like a lock for a top 20 pick to me.

15. basketballholic

Nothing but a big fat tub of goo. We'd call him Big B on the playground and would hope he didn't slime us. No wonder you like him.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Btw you should like a big fat of goo considering you are a fan of Josh Harrellson and Joshua Smith LOLOL

18. ball king23

ball king23 Member

houston rockets should look at if there and available ]Semi Ojeleye og anunnoby jason heart maybe Issac Hamilton if bacon makes it to the second round also kobi Simmons

19. basketballholic

This boy is unplayable. He'll set a record for three second calls trying to drag those man boobs across the paint. He's what you call a big bust in more ways than one. I'm gonna put him in my busts thread. Him and Og will make three busts.

20. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Donovan Mitchell up to #12 in DraftExpress mock. Man I was dumb thinking he might stay "unnoticed."