1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 Draft Lottery Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, May 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dmoneybangbang

Nah, that was the owner's doing.

The GM's make moves on the behalf of the owners. Prokhorov wanted to win at all costs and signed off, now he's sold his stake. From an interview shortly after he bought the team:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-u...the-owner-of-the-brooklyn-nets-011805013.html

Which is a good read and an open letter from Prokhorov.

J.R. likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

If I'm the Sixers, I hope Josh Jackson is available at # 3.

3. malakas

malakas Member

I'm happy for the Kings. And upset with the Lakers. They kept their pick and now don't have to give their 2019 one to Orlando. What a surprise! :rolleyes:

Richie_Rich likes this.
  4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Uh they need a point guard (whichever of Fultz or Ball that the Lakers and Celts don't pick) way more than they need a SF/big 2 guard (since I figure Simmons will be slotted in at PF or SF depending on the lineup). Unless you think they'll be able to pick up a starter quality PG in the 2nd round.

True Rocket likes this.
  5. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

in like eight drafts with the lowest seed, the 76ers have how many number one picks? One?

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Boston Globe!

7. BackdoorHarden

Rigged!! The next NBA2K cover

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

Crazy thing is that still might not even be enough to take down Bron and his boys

It would however make one hell of a series though

9. malakas

malakas Member

If Lakers don't get PG this year, then Philly next year is bound to get two top 10 pick most likely. Their own and the Lakers'.
    So much young talent even the majority don't hit and become great roleplayers makes you wonder how they will pay them all.

10. dmoneybangbang

They got cap space and assets to get a guard if they want to compete immediately, they should go BPA.

Frankly, they should go after Lowry (cap space in FA) or CJ McCollum with their assets as some of their top choices in my opinion. Simmons grew this last season and is about 6'11" in shoes, so I would try and groom like the Greek Freak as a point forward. Simmons and Embiid could be a historic 2 man game if they can stay healthy. Maybe even go after Darren Collison as a stop gap while Simmons gets experience if other top choices fall through.

ferrari77 likes this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

I don't know the exact quote, but maybe PG meant the Clippers as the LA team..... Very few top 20/top 15 players who choose to go to a bottom dwelling, bottom 3 team. I just don't see any upside to PG to the Lakers for his career and for his bottom line.

12. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

i guarentee you if you the nets had the chances at the pick, they wouldnt have won the lottery

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lol nba is a rigged organization with zero transparency

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

How is it manipulated? Celtics got the pick because of Brooklyn. Nobody forced Brooklyn to make that trade.

Everyone cries rigged rigged rigged. The commish seems to rig the lottery for everyone from Cavs the past 4 years to now apparently the Lakers and Celtics to rigging WB for MVP to rigging Spurs vs Rox and now GSW vs Spurs. I guess Les Alexander needs to do something because the NBa is rigging everything for every team except the Rockets.

ferrari77 likes this.
  15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

despite all the controversy going back 3 decades, they still refuse to broadcast the lottery selection live, even though this would seemingly be quite easy to do. and it's pretty obvious why they don't

Richie_Rich likes this.
  16. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

they'll have only one ball though.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

If the Mavs had lost the final game against the Grizzlies, they would have been tied with at 8th with Sacramento, which was the 3rd pick last night lol

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

The real prize is in next years draft. 6'10 Missouri forward Michael Porter Jr.

20. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

People say the draft lottery is rigged when it doesn't go the order they want it to go in Lmao