1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017/2018 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

2. Raz

Raz Member

It actually happened. When it was 1-1 on both fields at halftime I kinda felt they somehow survive once again, but this was overdue for years now.

**** escalated quickly.

So now they can sell their stadium clock to Schalke: No Bundesliga title since _____

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. Raz

Raz Member

Some final thoughts on the Bundesliga season. I'll carry on where I started last year...

I'm still worried a lot about the quality of our teams. Just a look at the table and to watch the European competitors makes me scared of next year. Hoffenheim will fail one way or another, no international level. Dortmund has a lot work to do to turn things around. Both teams won only 15 of 34 games. You shouldn't play Champions League if you can't even win half of your games. Schalke played trash football Mourinho would be proud of all year and became 2nd. Shouldn't happen as well, must be one of the worst vice champions in Bundesliga history. Hell, even Bayern didn't even have a good year a still finished 20 points ahead of everyone else. The other huge clubs really need to get their **** together. Everybody just seems to be ok to park the bus and play for the 2nd spot. The lack of willing to compete has hurt the league for years now.

My slightest hopes for the next international season go to Leverkusen. They lacked stability, but have a young coach and a good core full of talented players they'll hopefully keep together. But I guess once again Bayern will be the only German team in Quarter Finals.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Deep thinking.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Tuchel deal will be made official today.
    Edit: Favre to Dortmund also happening, according to the biggest outlets.

#1845 Yung-T, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

:(

Only a two year deal, so there's hope for Bayern. PSG will be extremely dangerous with such a brilliant coach who's known to handle youngsters well, could win the CL.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Intriguing, won't see that many German coaches going to France which is a minor league to Bundesliga.

Maybe he can help the MLS and China brehs as well.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He's way too ambitious for these small leagues, only joins PSG/France because of that sick roster and the opportunity to win CL.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hasenhüttl gone.

10. Raz

Raz Member

With his unlikeable and arrogant personality he was a good fit with that fn plastic club. Guess they will sign Salzburg's Rose now (of course after fair and common negotiations) or one of their youth coaches.

Don't think Tuchel in Paris will last too long. He's too much of a diva to handle both the sheiks and self-obsessed players like Neymar.

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

First look at Amazon's All or Nothing series first foray outside of the NFL. Following Man. City last season. Will probably be even better than Netflix "First Team" series with Juve.

ramotadab likes this.
  13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Didn't even know about the EL final being yesterday, completely missed it. :(

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Griezmann dominated in usual fashion.

Sandro W. is not getting the nod.....

#1854 daywalker02, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
  15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Rummenigge saying Sanches will re-join Bayern and stay, as Kovac wants to bring him back to top form. Also says it will be a very interesting task.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

And Wagner rightfully retired from he national team and called Löw out. It's a b**ch move to have him playing in the confed cup, qualifiers, friendlies and then nominate Petersen instead, who barely ever played for the team.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. Raz

Raz Member

Like I wrote in the other thread, pretty sure Petersen won't make the final cut and Wagner probably wouldn't have made it either. If only Löw had the balls to throw out Özil and Gündogan.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun want to mix politics with sports but how essential are Özil and Gündogan.....Gündogan is a bench dude, and Özil I thought isn't the Özil from Bremen who went to Real.......

Assessment on how important their roles are.

19. Raz

Raz Member

To me, both aren't irreplacable. To Löw they are, unfortunately. Özil has been a burden for years now, don't know why he's still a starter. Gündogan is a quality player, nice to have, but we're packed in midfield and Kroos/Khedira will start anyways. IMO Löw could leave both of them home and wouldn't hurt our chances to defend the title.

20. Fantasma Negro

#1860 Fantasma Negro, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018