1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017/2018 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 19, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. Raz

Raz Member

English papers usually have the better/funnier headlines but other than that it's the same. When Robert Enke commited suicide, the media questioned themselves whether they should become more considerate in terms of rating or evaluating players. But that was abandoned pretty soon and the tabloids still stomp on players - yes, especially goalkeepers - with delight.

kicker is the best sports/football media in Germany. Quality content, no bs, no sensational press, only little clickbait.

ferrari77 and daywalker02 like this.
  3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Ditto. This is how I feel completely as a United supporter. Right down to the part where I enjoy watching Liverpool much more than I do United. I'd rather wake up early to watch a Liverpool or a Tottenham match than waste my time doing so for a United match.

leroy likes this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

They got a lot worse in the last 1-2 years though and made up a lot of rubbish insider news, so I don't necessarily agree. Especially when it comes to transfers and Bayern insight, they are making up a ton of stuff based on old news from other outlets that gets quickly debunked.

Right now there's no really good outlet, Welt is pretty high-quality though because of doing less articles and having less need for clicks.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Both Teams taking this serious, nice.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Best Never Rest.....Could be Harden's new Slogan.

[​IMG]

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

#1508 daywalker02, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Woa....Colombia is leading in France. Ronaldo saved Portugal.

#1509 daywalker02, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So Rummenigge wanted Tuchel for months but Hoeneß did his r****ded "Charmeoffensive" for Jupp which was never bound to succeed.

Now we apparently tried to start new negotiations with Tuchel but he already committed to a foreign club, rumor has it it's Arsenal or PSG (BR saying Chelsea). Edit: SZ version is even worse: Bayern recently only had sporadical contact with Tuchel, as they still believed in the Jupp sh** or weren't sure. This thursday, Tuchel contacted Bayern to say that he had agreed to terms with a foreign club, so Bayern frantically called him on friday as a last ditch effort.
    Sounds like a fckin amateur club, it's end of March, Heynckes has always been saying he'll end this in summer but you can't get your sh** together and sign a new coach, especially when the best prospect is available.

****in ridiculous, we have a German coaching prodigy available on the market, Heynckes and Pep telling Bayern to sign him but Hoeneß ****s it up.

So mad right now, I really really wanted us to sign Tuchel. He's an incredibly innovative and tactically adept coach.

#1511 Yung-T, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Kicker saying Tuchel will join Arsenal. Matthäus yesterday talked about Tuchel being in negotiations with Arsenal, so guess it's true.

I'm beyond pissed at Hoeneß right now, this whole ordeal has been absolutely amateurish and he's starting to really hurt the club with his dumb ego. Rummenigge, Salihamidzic, Pep, Jupp wanted Tuchel, but Uli apparently thought Tuchel would wait six freakin months for Bayern.

Perfect coaching candidate gone, Leipzig developments make me think we'll see Hasenhüttl next season.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Feel for y'all.
    Who hires someone and makes him President instead of a normal VIP member after being released from Jail? What got him there in the first place? Bad decision-making.

Newsflash for them, you dun really need a President who was an Ex player every time, yeah Franz might be the exception.

#1513 daywalker02, Mar 25, 2018
  14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Hoeneß was a great president for decades and everyone should be thankful for what he did, but he's really gotten out of touch and is killing the club with his family&friends approach.

Vast majority of the fellow Bayern fans on social media and forums are angry&depressed right now. :( Was really looking forward to Tuchel, SZ says he even wanted to coach us and already did preparations. Thanks, Uli.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Most presidents of other clubs are just representational, they have management, sport directors, what not, do the jobs.

I am not saying anything other than checks and balances should be applied. One party should not get too powerful.

#1515 daywalker02, Mar 25, 2018
  16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

17. Raz

Raz Member

On the other side, I've read that Hummels would've considered leaving Bayern if we signed Tuchel due to the disputes they had in Dortmund. That might be a reason why we didn't make a serious effort last year. Tuchel is a great coach but a tricky human being that turns into a diva if things don't work the way he thinks they should. Maybe that would've gone terribly wrong in Munich.

He was my favorite as well though, don't want Hasenhüttl here at all.

Jontro likes this.
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Head of BILD's sports division saying Tuchel will join PSG, had negotiations earlier this month.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member