1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017/2018 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 19, 2017.

1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Looking ahead to semis, it would be Barcelona vs Bayern and Madrid vs City?

That first matchup, is a given while the second could be Juventus vs Liverpool and it wouldn't be the greatest upsets ever.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No locks... I think there is going to be another one last draw.

JumpMan likes this.
  3. Raz

Raz Member

Lol I don't know the player either, but that shows you once again how this "paper" is working. It's never about the facts but about creating clicks and selling ads. Wouldn't be too surprised if they knew exactly that there's no truth in the story.

Right, there's one more draw in which the semis and the nominal home side for the final gets drawn.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He's a cool breh, but this opens up the market for the #1 on my wishlist again, Thauvin (will be playing vs RB in EL, so watch out for that). Some are saying Bailey is in the mix, but not sure one good season is enough for us to sign him.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it will be very close between LFC and City, Pool was one of the teams City had problems against.

Jontro likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Triple captain him and you got more than 100 points in a week.

Jontro and ClutchCity3 like this.
  7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Shabani could be making his pro debut today, one of our biggest talents and looked good in the few games I've watched. Mostly a playmaking 10 but also moving to the wings occasionally.

Batista Meier is our biggest talent, would be cool to see him later this season.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Werner with a great first touch and goal. The Leipzig brehs are really difficult to defend with their pace.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How are y'all faring?

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

:(

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's bad........

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Were way too quick for us, especially Werner. Leipzig can do real damage in the EL if they continue to play like this.

Bayern desperately needs a new winger next season, our offense was terrible today.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just when I watched a Jann-Fiete Arp compilation and thought he'd be wonderful for Bayern, Fußballtransfers.com comes out with a story saying that HSV bosses are convinced he's agreed to a deal with Bayern and will join us in July. Arp would then be put on loan for at least a season.
    This collaborates with the recent rumors from several media outlets.

I admittedly never watch Hamburg, but saw him in a few youth games for Germany and think he could be absolute world-class. Incredibly dominant and calm for his age, great technique, vision etc - basically the whole package.

The stats are insane, 37 goals in 45 appearances for Hamburg U17, 9 goals/7 apps for their U19, 7 goals/9 apps A-Junior division, , 26 goals/21apps B-Division, 15 goals/17apps for German U17.

Raz likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. Raz

Raz Member

Too early to come over now. Sign Arp for five years and then make a loan deal with Freiburg, Stuttgart, Hoffenheim - somewhere "quiet" and stable (not Hamburg) where he sees a lot of minutes and a quality coach that forms him into a first-class Bundesliga player to start with.

Yung-T likes this.
  16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Wondered why Lazio called out such outrageous sums for Milinkovic-Savic and checked some videos out, boy is he insane.
    That level of physicality mixed with the skill package of a small guy, plus absolutely brilliant key passes, naughty chips, scoring goals while standing/turning etc. Only knock is that he's not as quick as other guys, but makes up for it with his other attributes. Also still young and making some misdirected passes occasionally.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43134055
    https://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/milinkovic-savic-midfield-colossus-european-giants-desire

Too bad Bayern is pretty much set in the midfield, that guy will probably move to one of the top EPL or Spanish clubs and become a savage, Lazio already rejected a 70mil offer this season. I wouldn't even mind if we sold most of our midfielders to grab that breh.

#1476 Yung-T, Mar 20, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    ramotadab likes this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

articles saying real will try to pry salah away from lfc. if these 2 f*cking spanish banks keep buying all the players, I'll prolly stop following football altogether. no point in following a game with fake competition. the ruling parties don't seem to care about teams with big banks bullying small teams.

18. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Southampton supporters just looking at you and this statement like

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  19. ferrari77

That sux. I thought Bild was supposed to be reliable and reputable. So it's basically like the majority of the crap English newspapers(tabloids) and their trash rumours for clicks. Or was that just a one off?

20. ferrari77

This enraged me over the weekend to actually read some United fans slagging off Luke Shaw because it seems they might be tired of having a go at Mourinho and would like to just pile on Shaw even though for all the crap he has taken from Mourinho and United supporters, in the last 5 or so matches Shaw has played in, United have ended up with a clean sheet (w/and w/o De Gea).

Shaw isn't perfect but the way Mourinho has treated him is terrible.

Jontro likes this.