1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017/2018 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 19, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Jeez. Why the anger at Arsenal? I don't understand.

Couldn't you say the same thing about integrity and decency with almost every major club- Madrid, PSG, United, City, Chelsea, etc.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. ferrari77

Giroud about to take Morata's job from him :D

ramotadab likes this.
  4. Raz

Raz Member

They know what kind of person he is and how he blackmailed himself out of his running contract. If Arsenal had any decency, they wouldn't waste their time with that piece of human trash.

Same goes for Barcelona, of course.

Jontro and Yung-T like this.
  5. Fantasma Negro

If they win Europa they get back in the champion league. Kinda how man u did

6. Raz

Raz Member

Right, but we're talking about Arsenal, so it's most probably not gonna happen.

ramotadab, Jontro and ferrari77 like this.
  7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Seems City bid 74mil for Mahrez but were rejected, nice.

leroy and ramotadab like this.
  8. ferrari77

Ah ok I got you.
    Are you a Dortmund fan?

You've got to get used to it. I'm sure you've been a fan for a long time so you already know that sports business(especially Football) is dirty, just like other industries. The teams aren't saints and neither are the players. Both groups will do what they can to get out of a contract (a lot of teams and players). The teams and players will always look out for their own interests first and I can understand that. At some point selfishness will rear its head and its unfortunate for the fans.

I wonder how Arsenal fans will take it if they end up in the Europa League again.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He's a fellow Bayern breh, but it should annoy every single football fan honestly. This business has become an utter joke and contracts don't matter anyhow, neither do these players destroy their reputation because so many plastic fans don't care.

Jontro likes this.
  10. Raz

Raz Member

I actually hate them and root against them pretty much on every occasion - unless they play the play the root of all evil in football (PSG, City, Hoffenheim, Leipzig, etc.). Dortmund should've never allowed Dembele to leave in August. Pretty much opened the gates of hell and now each and every one of their players that lacks morals will force his way out.

This is not the NBA, you can't just trade away someone who signed a huge contract last summer. Sure, teams can pressure players to make a move or negotiate a termination, but they can't just lock players out or keep them away from practice and team meetings, which would be the complement of what Aubameyang and Dembele did. Football is reaching a new low level every year and its becoming dangerous and frightening.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dortmund ain't Wolfsburg but players will force their way out nowadays, does not help that the top city in Germany does not have representing teams on top level. Players want to live and play in the biggest metropolises.

12. Fantasma Negro

Especially if Ospina is keeping, I have no idea how that guy is on a pro roster. Sell, Sanchez, Wallcot, Giroud and Ox but Ospina maintains statis to give up 3gpa smh. Auba can't play in Europa til third leg so honestly I'm hoping he can get us back into the pl top 4 so Europa becomes more of a backup plan. But this is Arsenal we're talking about anything can happen, these ****s might lose to Nottingham, West Brom and Swansea again

Raz likes this.
  13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

lulz Chelsea rekt 3-0 by Bournemouth.

Conte out?

Jontro likes this.
  14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

subtitles breh?

ferrari77 likes this.
  16. ferrari77

I understand and I get the frustration...but
    teams, especially in England and sometimes in countries like Turkey, Russia and Italy do keep the players away from practice and first team meetings unless the player agrees to what they want(whether it be a transfer to another team when the player doesn't want to go to another team).
    They make the player train with the youth team or reserves. They make him change in a solitary room or with the youth players and don't give him access to the 1st team changing room, etc.
    The most recent example was Oumar Niasse at Everton under Ronald Koeman iirc.
    If the team wants they can put their foot down but I guess in some cases the team doesn't want to deal with a disgruntled star player. Plus I'm sure it takes a strong team/owner and manager to put their foot down and make the player toe the line and abide by his contract until they are ready to sell him.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Imagine how Aubameyang breaks up with a GF.

'I want to be clear. I intended to end things with you last summer, but no girl would want me then.'
    (By his side the new Arsenal chick). You know that I am an insane boi, don't you, hahahahaha!'

AroundTheWorld, ferrari77 and Jontro like this.
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Daywalker translated it correctly.

Backstory of this is Aubameyang's r****ded letter to the Dortmund fans yesterday, the opening part roughly said:
    "First and foremost sorry for everything that has happened in the past month. But I already wanted to transfer last summer, that didn't work out, but now it just had to be done. Maybe the way I chose wasn't the best one, but everyone knows that Auba is crazy - and yes, I'm a crazy boy, hahahaha!"

Incredibly childish bullsh** and playing with the fans.

Raz, Jontro and daywalker02 like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20. Raz

Raz Member

You're right, same happened in Hoffenheim with Tim Wiese. Thing is, he still got paid big time for doing nothing. So I guess the same goes for the players you mentioned. They still get paid (not so much in Italy and Turkey, I know) - while vice versa the clubs have to pay a player that refuses to comply his duties and meanwhile lose money because he's hurting his market value and can't afford to bench him. I'm sure Dortmund would've made a lot more from an Aubameyang deal without that clownery.

ferrari77 likes this.