1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017/2018 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 19, 2017.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sadio Mane to Real Madrid almost in sure hands before Zidane quit, now it is probable.

I am sorry for Jontro if it comes true.

Jontro likes this.
  2. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

smh Fu*k Ramos.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Smart decision, after three CL titles in a row he can only disappoint there.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Sad how this doesn't change anything. Most fans won't hear about this or still think Karius is a wanker, while Ramos won't receive any punishment and Real keeps the title.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Falk saying Thiago wants to leave Bayern and join Barca.

We're already packed at midfield and have Goretzka coming in, so I'd have no issues with selling the guy. Should net us a nice sum.

Falk also saying Hoeneß and Rummenigge are intent on keeping Lewandowski, don't give a F about his agent's attempts.

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not saying anything but should have been replaced by Mignolet. Playing tough and hurt is not going very far.

It's not like Liverpool's bench would need all 3 subs, they are not as deep.

Mane going to Real right after the Finals is a bigger shocker.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's tricky with concussions, obviously the medical staff didn't realize it in-game and the player with the concussion usually is spaced out and thinking he's fine.

Remember Kramer in 2014, breh had a few solid tackles, passes etc after he received a concussion and people only realized what happened after breh started asking weird questions to the ref "is this the Final match?".

Jontro and daywalker02 like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I remember this Kramer.

[​IMG]

Dayum, I think it depends on the grade of the concussion.

Yung-T, ramotadab and Manny Ramirez like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Woot is happening? Keep on getting younger?

And then Sokratis.

Jontro likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

fuuuuu

now i feel even worse for condemning karius. sorry breh.

i hope ramos really does get into a violent car accident. dude needs his career ended abruptly.

ClutchCity3 and Yung-T like this.
  12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I was about to ask if there was any news on Robert and glad to see this post. As much as I would hate to see him leave Bayern, it would be cool to see him play for Man City (but not United!).

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I think most Bayern fans wouldn't mind seeing him gone, but it's difficult to find a good replacement.

I have extremely high hopes for Arp, who seems to be joining soon, but he needs a few yrs to develop. So we'd at least need a replacement for 2-3 years, maybe someone like Cavani.

Or go the youngster route with Martial who can play many positions.

14. Manny Ramirez

Yung - what is your thoughts on Thomas Muller? I remember at the last World Cup that he seemed to be (or was) a star but the times I have watched him, he looks like he has regressed. Maybe I'm crazy about that but wanted to know what you thought.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Turning epic:

Jontro likes this.
  16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Difficult.

On one hand, there are many games he decides with his unique vision, runs or some sneaky pass/goal.
    Very few players in the world can do that, but unfortunately he's only showing these skills fewer times each season, at least that's how it seems.

His stats are still great, but Bundesliga is honestly pretty bad nowadays and it's more easy to rack up great stats when playing for Bayern.

If you check out his CL performances, you'll quickly see that all of his goals and assists have come vs bad teams (Celtic, Besiktas this year, teams like Rostov and Eindhoven last season). He's been a non-factor in pretty much all crucial games recently, so at one point the bosses have to ask themselves whether keeping Müller solely because of his Bavarian roots and charisma are worth it.

Same goes for guys like Alaba who seems to screw up 99/100 crosses and leaves his man open on counters.

17. Manny Ramirez

Thanks Yung and sorry to bug you but you are the go-to authority for me when it comes to Bayern. Alaba seemed to have so much potential but he has become a ghost. Every time I catch Bayern on TV (which isn't as much as I would like) there seems to be some new player that they are touting. Seems like Costa was one (even though he is out on loan) and then you had Coman which I don't know if he is hurt or what is going on with him.

Yung-T likes this.
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I always enjoy talking about football, so I appreciate our talks.

Costa is technically still on loan but the deal includes a buying obligation, so he's definitely joining Juve for 40ish mil this transfer period.

Coman has been playing awesome and then unfortunately got injured for the rest of the season, which sucked and meant one less weapon vs Madrid. It was an unnecessary injury, he was hurt during the game but Heynckes kept him on the pitch because we had already used-up all three substitutions. Should've just sent him off, as the game was meaningless.

If Coman keeps his development up he will be a worthy Ribery successor, I'm also excited for Gnabry who's been loaned to Hoffenheim and had a terrific season.

19. The Stig

The Stig Member

Hey guys it’s been a while. Anyone here seen Fred or Diogo Dalot play? Man United signed Fred today and Dalot should be done within the next 48 hours. Problem is, not too many people follow Portuguese and Ukrainian leagues so there’s not much too go off of. Any insights would be appreciated!

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

They are both good signings but not enough. Not going to take the team past man City. The midfield still doesn't have the dynamism of Man City's MF. And I think once Liverpool complete the Fekir signing, their MF is better than Man U's as well.

Fred should help stabilize Pogba though..

As for Dalot he is one of the most promising young players in Portugal. That's the good part. Unfortunately Mourinho isn't too keen on playing youngsters. That's the bad part.

The Stig likes this.