1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017-18 Cleveland Cavaliers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'd still give them a few more games, post-ASB, to really see, but they're definitely trending up.

Altman miiiiight not be executive / GM of the year, but if he is able to convince LeBron to stay in Cleveland after the moves he made, I think that's a better job than most of the GMs can do, imo.

hajkov likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is a hellava read. LOL at the Kings issues.

3. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

People keep saying how LeBron can carry scrubs by himself to victories. They are wrong, especially now that he is over the hill. They are really missing Kevin Love right now. And they really miss Kyrie Irving. Even when Kevin Love comes back, they are still a weaker team than last year.

Their window is closing. Raptors and Celtics have surpassed them.

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

kevin love has definitely become very important. in all 3 losses since the deal, lebron has had a very good game with a very good shooting percentage. it's hard for a guy to shoot the most shots, shoot them well, and not have a good team offensive night, but the team outside of lebron just has whole games where they do nothing.

against washington i think in the last 9 and a half minutes, cleveland scored 14 points. lebron was something like 6-8 with 14 points. that means there were still plenty of other chances over those 9 and a half minutes and not a single person scored.

their defense does seem a little better but i could definitely see boston or toronto knocking them out in the 2nd round.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think the screwed up the kyrie irving trade. They should have got PG. The chance of them making the finals in the next 10 years without lebron is just not good even with the nets pick. The rockets haven't made it in 20 years. Its hard to even get there.

ghettocheeze and BallSoHarden like this.
  6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Their whole season comes down to Kevin Love. He must be full on 100% in the playoffs for them to make the Finals. Even then, I dunno.

The knowledge KL will return is probably the only thing fueling LeBron. Right now, they remind me of the futile Cavs during LeBron's first 6 years.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  7. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Cleveland is done.

They are nowhere close to competing with the Rockets and Warriors. Kevin Love is not their savior.

The season was over the day they traded Kyrie for that heap of garbage.

Dan Gilbert is going to cry Comic Sans when LeBron leaves and the Cavaliers go back to the dungeon of the NBA with no superstar and a massive luxury tax bill to foot.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thread is full of r****ds. :D

George Hill, Rodney Hood, Larry Nance and Jordan Clarkson are all scrubs.

It would be a minor miracle If they got out of the East.

9. Normalus

Normalus Member

Ty Lue should be fired, and David Fizdale should be hired. For them to make anything happen.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#270 zeeshan2, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    KingCheetah, B-Bob, Jontro and 3 others like this.
  11. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Can't fire Ty Lue. Firing him would be basically firing LeBron as de-facto HC.

Jontro likes this.
  12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Cleveland had an 18-1 run in November-December.....in all other games, they are just 18-24

ghettocheeze, A_3PO and J.R. like this.
  13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This is what shocked the hell out of me. Before the trade everyone saw what they were. That is not a 50 win team and is not getting out of the East. They make the trade and win a couple of games and everyone loses their damn minds. Now after playing real teams they lose every time with LBJ going off in each game. The stats tonight showed their defense is EXACTLY the same as prior to the trade. They are DEAD.

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exit Lebron...

luckyman76 likes this.
  16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Without Mr. Kardashian the team is 19-3. The curse is real. The rockets go 41-41. Lamar almost dies. I think TT needs to be banned from getting near the team.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Why does Lebron get away with taking weeks off every season? If Harden did that to be even healthier he would be crushed.

ghettocheeze and BigShasta like this.
  18. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

That Kyrie Irving trade is looking really bad right now. Unless they get something good for the Nets pick, they basically gave him away for nothing. They should have just kept him. Worst case, they trade him at the end of 2018 if he becomes team cancer (which would also trash Irving's reputation so I think he at least tries to be professional and play out the season.)

ghettocheeze likes this.
  19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

For some of us, the trade looked really bad the minute it happened. I still can't understand why it wasn't obvious to everyone.

MorningZippo and ghettocheeze like this.
  20. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Cavaliers are now fourth seed beneath Pacers post-Paul George. Never saw this coming even after losing Irving.