1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016 Podcasts] Whats everyone listening to?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FlyerFanatic, Nov 29, 2016.

1. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Didn't want to start a new thread:

Since lance left radio i rarely listen to the radio and discovered podcasts.

Unsolved Murders-- They use voice actors to recreate scenarios but it is mostly a narrative of events from unsolved murder cases
    Crimetown-- Only one season that I am aware of and in that season they explore the criminal world or Providence Rhode Island
    True Crime All the Time-- Two guys narrate the crimes of some gruesome characters
    Beautiful Anonymous-- A guy takes a call from some random stranger and tells their story, anonymity is key
    Drink Champs-- If you're into rap music you'll love this
    Tax Season-- Another one if you're into rap music

ferrari77 likes this.
  2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Podcasts are probably my biggest obsession. Every time one of these podcast threads get created/bumped, I look back on my previous posts and marvel at how many more podcasts I'm listening to.

New shows I've started in the past year:

• Wonderful - Griffin McElroy and Rachel McElroy discuss the things that they are enthusiastic about. Very positive vibes and Griffin is pretty much just my favorite person
    • Sawbones - Justin McElroy and Sydnee McElroy discuss all the insane ways in which medicine used to be practiced
    • Tights and Fights - Hal Lublin, Danielle Radford, and Open Mike Eagle discuss the week in professional wrestling
    • The Polygon Show - Polygon's Simone de Rochfort, Ashley Oh, Chelsea Stark, and Allegra Frank shoot the **** about various video game topics
    • The Besties - Polygon's Griffin McElroy, Justin McElroy, Russ Frustick, and Chris Plante debate the previous month's best games

There are too many podcasts, and I'm way too compelled to listen to them.

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Pod Save America/Lovett or Leave It getting me thru the trump era.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Nate Duncan NBA
    Ringer NBA
    Malcolm gladwell
    Tyler cowen

5. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

Every Little Thing - similar to 99% invisible, but on lighter topics.

More Perfect - Discusses past SCOTUS decisions and its impact on modern day.

What Can Trump Teach Us About Con Law - Constitutional law discussion based on current day affairs (Trump).

The Allusionist - Fun podcast that talks about words and language

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Ones I listen to regularly:

Lance Z
    99% Invisible
    Revisionist History
    Hardcore History
    TED Radio Hour
    Love & Radio
    Here Be Monsters
    Radiolab

Invisible Fan and RocketWalta like this.
  7. body slam

body slam Member

Not a pod cast, but when I'm driving late at night I like listening to Coast to Coast.

moonsh0t likes this.
  8. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

You should try The Higherside Chats and The Unexplained with Howard Hughes podcasts.