1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 Rate My Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by FLASH21, Aug 29, 2015.

1. The Stig

The Stig Member

Hey guys, I am back again this year and I would like to get some opinions on my team. Drafted 9th in a 10 man league. Total noob/rookie here so don't be too harsh on me haha

QB Russell Wilson (4th)
    RB C.J Anderson (2nd)
    RB T.J Yeldon (5th)
    WR DeAndre Hopkins (3rd)
    WR DeSean Jackson (6th)
    TE Rob Gronkowski (1st)
    Flex Keenan Allen (7th)
    K Steven Hauschka (9th)
    DEF Baltimore (10th)
    BN Ryan Matthews (11th) Colin Kaepernick (12th) Kendall Wright (13th) Pierre Garcon (14th) Heath Miller (15th)

Any suggestions on who to start this week? Will rep. Thanks!

2. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

2-0. Stewart and White have been the disappointments, but my draft instincts were generally right and I'm feeling pretty good about this roster now. League roster is 1 RB | 1 RB/WR | 1 WR | 1 WR/TE, so I don't have to start 2 RBs, and my depth there is pretty good once Foster is back. I have 5 PPR receiving studs right now competing for 3 positions.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Turns out, so far, I have 3 top 10 RB's and Ivory is 15th. Using avg fantasy points per game. Congrats.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Snicker.

5. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Did two money leagues this year for the first time ever, had Dez in one of them and Jamal Charles in the other. :(

6. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Blah blah, I can't hear you over the sound of my championship trophy.

Yeah, obviously Roddy White was a bust. I did snag David Johnson off the WW and he carried me through the playoffs.

7. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Snicker.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Jeremy Hill 207 carries 698 yards 3.4 YPC 13 catches 60 yards

Gio Bernard 148 carries 694 yards 4.7 YPC 48 catches 460 yards

Yeah, Hill is clearly the more talented back.

Thats a split backfield if there ever was one and Hill's only value going forward is as TD dependent goalline back.

9. what

what Member

I tried to tell him.

10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

So wouldn't that make Hill the better fantasy prospect? Being the goal-line back in a strong offense is a big deal. Thus far, Bernard has 2 touchdowns. Hill has 11.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Your argument was that Hill was clearly the better back and would therefore receive the bulk of the carries. Well of course his TD potential gives him more value than Bernard, particularly in standard leagues, but Bernard is clearly just as involved in the offense as their touches are roughly the same and the numbers show Bernard has clearly been the more effective back despite the TD production being overwhelmingly in favor of Hill.

Goal-line opportunity is of course elevated to a premium in a stronger offense, otherwise guys like LaGarrette Blount wouldn't be rostered, but I think it is pretty clear that Bernard has established himself as 1B to Hill's 1A, which relegates Hill to the TD dependent option rather than a clear-cut lead back.

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

He did receive the majority of the carries... along with red zone carries...

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

207 attempts vs 148 attempts doesn't scream "bulk of the carries" to me. Don't know what your criteria is.

14. what

what Member

In a standard league, both players had an equal season. Hill got 8 more tds = 48 points. Bernard got 400 more yards = 40 points.

Hill was 8 points better. In a ppr league (depending on the point value per catch) Bernard was far better than Hill.

At any rate, wekk positioned hill as a featured back, which he absolutely was not. He was a td vulture, basically. Nothing more.

In fact Bernard was on the field far more than Hill was throughout the season.

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Disagree. Although they had equal stats, Hill was a better player in a standard league b/c of his boom or bust potential. Because of Bernard's mid-floor/low ceiling potential, he was unstartable. Hill had 4 games better than Bernard's best game.

I didn't say that. I said that Hill was clearly the better rb, and although the carries distribution started off much differently than I expected, it did eventually favor Hill.

Since their week 7 bye, Bernard averaged 8 carries per game while Hill averaged 15.

16. what

what Member

The yards says different. Hill was not the better back by any metric, even if you only consider fantasy. Bernard was better in every aspect but getting 2 yard goalline carries. That's the only metric hill beat Bernard in.

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

As long as there are touchdowns, who cares from where they come? Thus far, Bernard has had 2 td's. Hill has had 11.

Like I said before, Bernard's mid-floor and low ceiling made him unstartable in standard leagues.

18. what

what Member

are you bad at math?

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Getting touchdowns is a hugely important quality in fantasy... Hill is clearly the better fantasy back.

Either way, both were benched in my fantasy championship, so neither is really that great except for Hill as a boom or bust flex.

But if you want to get your 4-5 points every game then Bernard is your guy :rolleyes:

20. what

what Member

Last I thought yards were pretty important also. You do realize that Bernad has 400 more yards than Hill, right? I am not dreaming that am i?