1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 Rate My Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by FLASH21, Aug 29, 2015.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

12 team standard yahoo

Passing TD is 6 points

Rushing/Receiving yards is 20yards/point instead of 10 yards

1 qb, 2 rb, 3 WR, 1 TE, K, D/ST

had the sixth pick

QB: P. Manning
    RBs: Jamaal Charles, J.Randle, Chris Ivory, Ameer Abdullah
    WRs: Alshon Jeffrey, Jordan Matthews, Jarvis Landry, Steve Smith, Torrey Smith, Devin Funchess
    TE: Greg Olsen, Larry Donnel
    K: Justin Tucker

I usually stream D/ST

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Exactly, which is why I believe Coop will benefit more this season from always playing from behind. Even garbage time yardage and TDs still count.

That offensive line seems to be abissmal still and their defense just traded away possibly their second best player.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

A lot of fantasy owners think like that, but statistics show that offenses are much less efficient when forced to play from behind. They are more likely to be inefficient offenses in the first place which is why they're behind most of the time. In fantasy though, this usually effects QB play moreso than WR play, who will benefit more from added targets even if the catch rate is significantly lower. Its all about volume in that case.

The Raiders offensive line is much better suited for pass protection. They did spend a ton of money on a new center (Hudson), and the left side of the line with Penn and Jackson is solid enough, but the right side is always a turnstile of below average talent, especially with Watson out for the season. The running game last year was on pace to be the league's worst ever until Murray had that 90 yard TD run against KC. So Murray is definitely a risk, but I do prefer to select backs with upside along with consistent backs. Its all about getting a good mix that produces at least 2 solid performers.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There should be a thread where you post a pic of every person you've slept with then we rate the lineup.

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I agree with you, for once....

But if you consider this, look at the bad teams producing higher than usual values for players such as Allen Robinson, DeSean Jackson, Sammy Watkins, Josh Gordon, and even Stevie Johnson in recent years.

Don't get me wrong they all have talent or else they wouldn't even be in the league or starters for that matter. But these guys have been part of some pretty subpar offensive teams while still being able to perform at top 20-30 levels in some cases even higher.

You never saw Ryan Fitzpatrick, Blake Bortles, Brian Hoyer/Anderson, or EJ Manuel winning your fantasy leage for you. I excluded Robert Griffin cause in his case it could be considered pre-injury depending on what seasons you bring up.

Regardless I'd take Cooper this year over the likes of Carr, Murray, or whatever other sh**y receiver they throw besides him this season.

6. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

8 team league?

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think it is important to temper expectations on Cooper a bit given that he is in a system that hasn't produced a 1000 yard receiver in nearly a decade.

Don't get me wrong, he's far and away the best talent they've had at WR in quite some time, and his route running is insanely polished for a rookie coming out of college. He's going to be a clear cut #1 option from Day 1.

For me it boils down to Carr. It will be interesting to see if Carr is going to be able to stop being Captain check-down now that he has a guy who can actually get open.

8. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

10 team league. I drafted Brady before his suspension was revoked. Foster i took in the later rounds

9. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

In my 2nd 10 team league on ESPN:

QB:Russell Wilson
    RB: LeVeon Bell
    RB: Aian Foster
    WR: Randall Cobb
    WR: AJ Green
    FLEX: T.J Yeldon
    TE: Jordan Cameron
    D/ST: Jets
    K:Dan Carpenter (probably will drop him)

Bench:

Jeremy Maclin
    Torrey Smith
    Ryan Matthews
    Andre Williams
    Ameer Abdullah
    Antonio Gates
    Roddy White

10. fallenphoenix

calvin johnson or cobb fell to the 3rd round? geeze

your teams are stacked

dunno how you pulled off getting those receivers.

11. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

In my 1st one I got Johnson in the 2nd and picked Cobb in the 3rd (this was before Jordy Nelson got injured)

12. fallenphoenix

Ohh I see. That's a really early draft lol

13. thejav

thejav Member

8 team league. standard. 5th pick.

QB-P Manning
    WR-A Jeffreys
    WR-B Cooks
    RB-E Lacy
    RB-CJ Anderson
    TE-T Kelce
    FLEX W/R-J Landry
    DEF- STL/KC
    Kicker -M Bryant
    BENCH
    A Blue
    A Foster
    J Maclin
    R Tannehill
    S Smith Sr

??

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

ive only played in 12 team leagues. so it's hard for me to compare. i would say though that the stars would have to align just right for you not to make the playoffs with either team. they both seem incredibly stacked.

in my 12 teamer i have cj anderson/matt forte/ cobb/jordan matthews & i think that is pretty good. but you have me beat haha ;)

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I'm not a fan, and I think you'll miss the playoffs. You're weak in your RB's, and you're not strong enough in your WR's to compensate.

You're very likely to lose weeks 1 & 2 (Bell suspension & Foster injury), week 7 (Cobb/Green bye weeks), week 9 (Wilson/Maclin/Foster/Abdullah bye weeks), and possibly week 11 (Bell's bye week).

Assuming you lose those 5 weeks, your best case scenario is a 9-5 record. If ESPN leagues are the same as Yahoo leagues (14 game regular season, 2 weeks of playoffs), you may be able to sneak into the 4th playoff spot with an 8-6 record so your margin for error is fairly slim.

Your entire season comes down to the speed of Foster's recovery (and everyone here should be familiar with his lingering injuries) and the hope that your rookies (Abdullah/Yeldon) prove themselves sooner rather than later.

16. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

12 Team 0.5 PPR:

QB: E. Manning/Rivers
    RB: Gore/Stewart/Foster/Vereen
    WR: C. Johnson/Fitzgerald/R. White/S. Johnson
    TE: Gronkowski/Eifert
    D/ST: Dolphins
    K: McManus

17. 523744

523744 Member

10 team standard league yahoo

1qb 3wr 2rb 1te 1K DEF and 1IDP

Qb get 5pts/td as opposed to 6.

qb: Brees
    wr: Antonio Brown/Jordan Matthews/Emmanuel Sanders
    rb: CJ Anderson/TJ Yeldon
    te: Delanie Walker
    K: Gostkowski
    def: Minn
    idp: JJ Watt!

Bn: joseph randle, john brown, giovanni bernard, tyler lockett, tre mason, markis wheaton

Thoughts?? I'm worried about my rb2 spot

18. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

14 team league Standard scoring drafted 12th

Peyton Manning
    Calvin Johnson
    Amari Cooper
    John Brown
    CJ Anderson
    Chris Ivory
    Heath Miller
    Parkey
    Buffalo Bills

Bench
    Mariota
    Arian Foster
    Ronnie Hillman
    Reuben Randle
    Brandon Coleman
    Antonio Gates

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Best shot will be if Calvin and Gronk dominate the way that they are capable of dominating, because there is not much upside on the roster outside of that. WR and RB depth are lacking - no real WR2 (Fitz and White don't produce nearly like they used to), Stewart has never lived up to expectations, Foster can't be trusted to stay healthy, and frankly (no pun intended) I don't think Gore is going to put up big numbers in Indy though he will help their offense nonetheless.

If I were you I'd be all over the waiver wire each of the first few weeks trying to find that next hidden gem that can come in and produce at either of those positions.

20. mulletman

mulletman Member

12 team league w/ 6 pt passing TD:

QB:Russell Wilson
    RB: Eddie Lacy
    RB: Mark Ingram
    WR: Randall Cobb
    WR: Allen Robinson
    FLEX: Chris Ivory
    TE: Kyle Rudolph
    D/ST: Miami (streaming)
    K: McManus

Bench:

LaGarrete Blount
    Charles Johnson (WR, Min)
    John Brown
    Eddie Royal

second guessing myself on a few picks:

I think I took Wilson too early. Could have waited on a QB and taken another RB instead. Available RBs at that time included: Abdullah and TJ Yeldon. Also not sure about taking Ivory.

Would rather have stayed away from Blount. Probably should have taken a better TE.

My TE sucks. Other TE available right now: Ladarius Green, Fleener, Ertz, Dwayne Allen, Antonio Gates