1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015 NFL Season] Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by moestavern19, May 28, 2015.

1. Remii

Remii Member

I would definitely keep Luck considering how your league is set up...
    Kelce is worth that 15th round pick.
    What would you have to give up for Johnson... I would keep him if it's a late round pick.

I wouldn't keep Hyde... And do you have enough faith in Miller to spend a 3rd round pick on him...? With so many QB's going early in your draft a better RB or WR might be available in the 3rd.

Don't the 49ers have another RB coming back from injury...? I can't think of his name but he was a good backup for Gore. I think Hyde is going to be in heavy competition for carries.

2. Mprice

Mprice Member

I need serious help. I am in a 10 team ppr dynasty league and I just got offered a deal. The owner offered me Todd Gurley and a 3rd for Alfred Morris and a 2nd/6th. Do you guys think Gurley is worth the risk?
    My team so far: QB:AROD/RyanTannehill
    RB: Demarco Murray/MGordon/Latvius Murray
    WR: Dez bryant/ TY Hilton/ MColston/ Donte Moncriff
    TE: Jordan Cam/ LGreen
    D: Bills

3. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Don't do the trade. Murray will get injured. Gordon is a wild card. Gurley: coming off injury and a rookie

Morris is steady and has been healthy. Play it safe.

4. wink3

wink3 Member

Don't do it, Morris has been so consistent, which is what I prefer over boom or bust RB's that St. Louis has been churning out the past 4 years.

5. Mprice

Mprice Member

Thanks definitely it is high risk high reward though a lot of analysts are saying gurley is the best back to come to the nfl since AP.

6. Remii

Remii Member

Nice team... And considering you're in a PPR dynasty league... I would strongly consider making that trade.

7. Remii

Remii Member

But I would try to do some negotiating with those picks... Or give up only one pick.

8. Mprice

Mprice Member

Thanks, I have a additional 2nd round pick so parting with my other 2nd doesn't hurt as much but you think gurley is well worth it?

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

In a dynasty league you have to consider the expectations of Gurley being a solid RB1 for the next few years.

Depends on your point of view, but pretty hard to be able to make that call until you see him on the field. Natural ability is there, no question, but injuries already a concern and have derailed more than a few standout players.

10. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

12 team PPR keeper league, and I'm trying to determine who to keep. Get to pick 2.

I'm definitely keeping Antonio Brown, I have to give up a 2nd to do that which is no problem. I have 3 decent options for that

I can give up a 1st and a 10th to keep Matt Forte. In a PPR league he's incredibly valuable, but his rushing numbers this past season were down and he's only getting older. Just a first wouldn't bother me, but adding the 10th on seems like a lot.

I can give up a 13th rounder for Carlos Hyde. That seems like nothing for a guy who is the starter on his team, and I was pretty high on him out of college. The 49ers seem like a mess though and O-Line will probably be bad. But he's been projected around a 4th or 5th round pick in most things I've seen, so pure value wise getting him for a 13th seems great. I drafted him last year with keeping him in mind.

Could also keep DeAndre Hopkins. For this I would give up only a 10th round pick. I would then have two very good wide receivers which would be nice, but the QB situation in Houston worries me a bit.

Worth noting- I pick 10th in the first round. This makes me like Forte a bit, not sure if any elite RBs will fall to me at 10.

11. Remii

Remii Member

Do you value Morris that much in a PPR dynasty league not to take the risk on Gurley...???

12. Remii

Remii Member

Darren Sproles may be undervalued in PPR leagues this season. I heard a report he was lining up at receiver a lot.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I would definitely get Gurley; reports are he's 90 percent recovered from his ACL and Morris is on his last deal. Redskins are also in love with Matt Jones who they drafted so I would seriously consider making that trade.

14. Mprice

Mprice Member

I'm leaning on that deal honestly would pay huge dividends for my teams future do y'all truly feel he's going to be a top 5 talent when healthy I know analysts can be all over the place with what they predict.

15. Mprice

Mprice Member

Not really especially when I have solid depth with Dmurray and LMurray as is nit to mention Melvin Gordon as well. Just hate giving up a pick as well

16. Remii

Remii Member

Personally I think when Gurley is fully healthy _ at the minimum he'll have more fantasy value than Morris. I would roll the dice on that. Could be a big pay off for the next few years.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I like the idea of Hopkins or Hyde and keeping my 2nd round pick in that one league. Hopkins is destined to score more points than Hyde, regardless of the QB situation.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yeah Hopkins at that price tag is a no-brainer for me.

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I had my draft last night. We have 2 divisions of 10 teams each. Each 10 team division shares its own player pool. This is a QB friendly league (TD- 6 points) and not PPR.

Ended up picking 9 (snake style)

QB
    Big Ben
    Flacco

RB
    CJ Anderson
    Joseph Randle
    Johnathan Stewart
    Jonas Gray

TE
    Greg Olsen
    Owen Daniels

WR
    Antonio Brown
    Deandre Hopkins
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Victor Cruz

Dan Bailey

Cowboys defense (my personal opinion but I get that everyone thinks it's crazy)

What y'all think?

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

very good team in my opinion. im really hoping i get greg olsen when i draft.