1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 Preseason Games

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by kuku, Oct 20, 2013.

1. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I don't see any preseason game thread posted. Lock or merge it if there is one.

Interesting game between Nuggets and Clippers. Going into OT.

I just can't stand CP3 whining ass. As a known flopper, he is the last person should complain about none calls.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Collison was a very nice pick up for the Clippers.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

about time someone made this... credit to you.

Heat looked convincing against the Spurs... knowing it's only preseason but it could be a precursor to things that might happen later

4. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I wouldn't put too much into that game. Heat looked like dog poop previous two games against Wizards and Nets. I think it has a lot to do with matchups. Game 6, they took out Spurs hearts and stole their souls. Spurs still have their gaping wound that will not be healed easily. They own Spurs physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Heat always had problem matching up with Cavs and Wizzards. I'll actually predict Heat will get off to a slow start....again! By the middle of the season, they turn on the after burner. You have to give a lot of credit to Spoelstra. He understands that it's almost impossible to have peak performance for the whole season. He timing entering post season is remarkable.

Heat perimeter defense is absolutely flawless. It takes more than an individual talent of LeBron to play good defense. We need to recognize it takes a good coach to game plan team defense and have everyone buying in. Many coaches tried to play good team defense but not many were successful at it.

I hope McHale learns from last season. We peaked too early, timing was bad, players burned out, and became a lottery team for the last two weeks of the season. For the sake of our future, alleviate Harden's load. If Harden or Dwight has a serious injury, we are pretty much doomed for the next 4 years! Sacrifice a couple of wins in the regular season will do a world of good entering post season.

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Anybody catch Portland's last game? TRob was very active, finished with 7pts 13rbs (4Off) 1bk 1st.

It was good to see him make an impact, but I can't say he has improved offensively at all.

And yeah, Collison looks great. I wonder what he'll average in the regular season. I passed him up in fantasy to draft Nick Young in the last round.

6. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

TRob looked awesome today. He totally faked out PPat and put him in a popcorn machine in one play and shot a 15 footer baseline contested fadeaway. He looked like a total package so far.

Last game against Clippers, he rebounded extremely well, defended well but terrible at offensive end.

7. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

#7 kuku, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

White ejected?

9. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Thabeet headbutted someone?? lol what

10. GIGO

GIGO Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/refELg5sdAw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Rose looks wicked quick. Good to see him healthy.

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

McHale bashing must be coming back into style. Seriously, stop it. There is more NBA knowledge within McHale than every one put together on this bbs. Not to mention his Highly regarded staff. And Morey.

13. Nawad70

Nawad70 Member

14. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Don't you think 'bashing' is an inappropriate word to use when one is offering valid and well-reasoned opinions?

If not, I am quite interested to know your definitions between 'bashing' and 'constructive criticism?'

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

thread may be dead but this should ressurect it

in the bulls/okc game on espn - i wasnt paying attention till breen spoke, but jvg was going off on something. he asked breen something to which he replied with "i dont think my brain is ready for this". they talked some more and breen said "i think its a little too early in the season, for you to get cranky"

espn lucky mofos to get jvg on their broadcasting team. he needs to switch to tnt

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

gobert lookin like another sanders 5 blocks

17. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

LOL I heard that part by JVG and he went off after Breen told him he was 'cranky'. I love JVG and you can pick up some inside stuff from him. He also has great rapport with all the coaches he interviewed during half time.

18. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Here's an update for some of the games I watched:

I predict Favors will have an absolutely monster season. He seems to gains strength and length and refined his game. His post game is smooth and he has a nice mid-range game.

No wonder Jazz gave up on Millsap. He is a younger and more lengthy, athletic version of Al Jefferson.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1U2nYarvwss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good news for Rockets!
    Warriors will NOT be as good as most people predicted. I'd stated after Iguodala trade, that Warriors absolutely went the wrong way! They should've solidified their young roster and develop Barnes and use some of their cap (after salary dump) for a legit backup 5, as in Robin Lopez. They are placing all their eggs in one basket, as in the health of Bogut. He is already having health problem in the preseason. If he goes down, which is likely judging by his injury history, their season is pretty much over! They now have one of the weakest bench with no real playmaker.

Instead they acquired O'Neal who is on his last leg and weaken their bench. Losing Jack and Landry will become HUGE.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Top preseason teams
    Bulls
    Pelicans
    Rockets
    Raptors

20. pippsux

pippsux Member

These are the types of games that establish the little things that help win titles. This is a meaningful game.

hakeem94 likes this.